Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Funeral for 14yr old Guns N Roses Fan
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funeral for 14yr old Guns N Roses Fan  (Read 8787 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2006, 11:15:36 PM »

And this is precisely why Axl Rose needs to release Chinese Democracy, because every day that passes there is another GN'R fan somewhere who dies. (And I'm not joking or mocking this, I'm serious.) There was a girl who died last year from cancer, I think, and she had been posting on MyGNR for years waiting for CD...she never got to hear it.

Sorry but not the place for a rant like that have some respect

I'm being entirely serious and respectful, my friend. There was a poster on MyGNRForum who died of cancer last year and her dying wish was to hear CD and she never got to. She had been slowly dying for a while and many of her friends on MyGNR knew about it, and when she passed away they were told so by her family and posted a "tribute" of sorts to her. It was a very sad thing. I wasn't saying this to start a rant; it was just a passing comment.

It's one of those things that you never really THINK about until it happens...until she died I was selfishly waiting to hear CD myself, but then I realized that there are actually people who are going to die before this thing is released. Then again I could die tomorrow so the same thing could happen to me.

I fail to see how you can tell me to "have some respect" when that is precisely what I'm doing. This is a very sad and moving thing and I offer my condolences (sp?) to the family.

It's cool that they played Don't Cry at the funeral, too. I think that's special.
anythinggoes
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 03:49:41 AM »

And this is precisely why Axl Rose needs to release Chinese Democracy, because every day that passes there is another GN'R fan somewhere who dies. (And I'm not joking or mocking this, I'm serious.) There was a girl who died last year from cancer, I think, and she had been posting on MyGNR for years waiting for CD...she never got to hear it.

Sorry but not the place for a rant like that have some respect

I'm being entirely serious and respectful, my friend. There was a poster on MyGNRForum who died of cancer last year and her dying wish was to hear CD and she never got to. She had been slowly dying for a while and many of her friends on MyGNR knew about it, and when she passed away they were told so by her family and posted a "tribute" of sorts to her. It was a very sad thing. I wasn't saying this to start a rant; it was just a passing comment.

It's one of those things that you never really THINK about until it happens...until she died I was selfishly waiting to hear CD myself, but then I realized that there are actually people who are going to die before this thing is released. Then again I could die tomorrow so the same thing could happen to me.

I fail to see how you can tell me to "have some respect" when that is precisely what I'm doing. This is a very sad and moving thing and I offer my condolences (sp?) to the family.

It's cool that they played Don't Cry at the funeral, too. I think that's special.

I know you meant no offence by your post and yes the topic is worthy of discussion and it has been discussed before as well, but i am pretty certain that the album was the last thing on poor Ross's mind during his last moments. Id like to think he is at peace and when the album is released he will get to hear it upstairs. The other reason i picked up on your post was because you didnt offer any condolences in your original post all it seemed was to be a dig at Axl.

peace
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 03:51:35 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 06:36:16 AM »

rip fellow gunner

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2006, 10:27:31 AM »

Nothing more to add here - just another RIP and sending some good karma to his family.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2006, 06:32:53 PM »

This is too cool. I mean, my condolences for the kid and his family, but for the kid to be a GN'R fan, what a way to go.

Don't Cry 'Lil Gunner...

Personally, I want Paradise City played for my final song at my funeral. Pyro & confetti and all!  peace smoking

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2006, 01:33:12 PM »

thats the song i want playing at my funeral, something epic and OTT like mt fav band. ok

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: