Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis  (Read 48848 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2006, 02:11:19 AM »

Sorry, but if Brain has time for drumming for someone else when GNR are kicking off a crucial tour, his priorities are not in the right place ( apparantly not with his family), then good riddens.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
estranged.1098
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 02:36:54 AM »

Axl should just fire brain and get back Josh Freese

I'm beginning to think Brain is "in the band" for contractual reasons only.

Or maybe this is nothing... argh, there's always something with Guns N' Roses.  Smiley
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 02:56:24 AM »

Praxis is (are?) awesome.
And I can't say that I'm overly worried about the two or three shows they play per year are going to cause a scheduling conflict.
But I do think that anyone who expects Brain to only play for GNR is going to be bitterly disappointed. 
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2006, 03:48:09 AM »

We have Bucket Head on the album and Ron live.
Now we have Brain on the album and Frank live.
Who is next ?! Roll Eyes

One thing is Brain are out because he is a new father.
Other thing is he playing with Bucket Head at Vesggod festival.
He can play with BH but can't with GNR? whem they are kicking off a US tour that is lame..fuck that.

I'm beginning to think Brain is "in the band" for contractual reasons only.
Yeah sad but true.

Things like that brings to the Band a image of a hired- guns,is like give power to the haters. rant

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
fixintodie
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2006, 03:50:28 AM »

Put it this way - if you took time off from your job for 'family reasons' and were then caught working for someone else, how long do you think it would take your current employers to fire your ass?
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2006, 04:07:32 AM »

While I like both drummers, Frank really plays the rock stuff with abandon.? He pounds the drums, and has a powerful live sound a la Bonham.

that's it! he reminded me of someone and now i know: john bonham!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2006, 04:09:30 AM »

maybe these shows were planned before the gnr tour was planned. im pretty sure axl would let him take care of his business, especially since he already has a capable drummer to back him up with

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2006, 04:10:01 AM »

i'm watching inland invasion now...i'm not sure anymore if it really was brain. either way, i don't know how cool axl would be with brain leaving a portion of the gnr tour but showing up to play w/ bucket.

it was brain at inland invasion. Axl introduced him

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2006, 04:32:07 AM »

While I like both drummers, Frank really plays the rock stuff with abandon.  He pounds the drums, and has a powerful live sound a la Bonham.

Frank has a sound like Bonham???WTF! Umm, wow, Guns fans will latch onto anybody! Frank is ok, but he is no Adler, Sorum or Brain. Next thing, you will be saying that Stinson is Geddy Lee, Finck is Jimmy Page and Pitman is Rick Wakeman.
I think people are jumping the gun here. If Axl is cool with Brain taking time off, then who are we to question it?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 04:41:06 AM »

Wow, some of you are assholes. You don't even know anything about the situation, yet you can talk shit about Brain all of a sudden BECAUSE HE PLAYED ONE SHOW WITH PEOPLE HE HAS PLAYED WITH A LOT LONGER THAN GN'R?? Who gives a shit? It's not a fucking world tour. Some of you are unbelievable and the shit you say is so uncalled for. Why do some of you people act like Brain is stabbing you in the back or fucking you over?? It has nothing to do with, so get over it.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
fixintodie
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2006, 05:25:20 AM »

Wow, some of you are assholes. You don't even know anything about the situation, yet you can talk shit about Brain all of a sudden BECAUSE HE PLAYED ONE SHOW WITH PEOPLE HE HAS PLAYED WITH A LOT LONGER THAN GN'R?? Who gives a shit? It's not a fucking world tour. Some of you are unbelievable and the shit you say is so uncalled for. Why do some of you people act like Brain is stabbing you in the back or fucking you over?? It has nothing to do with, so get over it.

Do you have to insult people like that, and then say that the 'shit' we all say is uncalled for?

What we know about the situation is:

a) Brain was supposedly not touring with GNR during this crucial North American jaunt because he wanted/needed to spend time with family
b) He just played a show elsewhere with Praxis

"It's not a fucking world tour" - a European tour was just played. An American tour is in progress. Australia is likely for January.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2006, 05:35:25 AM »

"It's not a fucking world tour" - a European tour was just played. An American tour is in progress. Australia is likely for January.

i think that was mentioned for the Praxis show..not the GNR tour.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
fixintodie
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2006, 05:42:45 AM »

i think that was mentioned for the Praxis show..not the GNR tour.

Ah you're probably right. In which case, sorry - my mistake. I thought he was pointing out that Brain wasn't missing a GNR world tour.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2006, 06:16:12 AM »

Don't know if its been posted before:

"I thought I'd start a new thread on this topic because there have been so many rumors floating around about Brain's status in the band. I asked Merck about the issue. As many people have noticed, the GNR myspace site lists Frank as a band member - and there's no mention of Brain. So, I asked Merck if this means Brain has permanently left the band.

Here's his response:

"Both Brain and Frank are in the band. You will just see more of Frank at the
moment as Brain is still a new father.""

From: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=625640db4a2a51e7a1fe2c397eb7f5b8&showtopic=82723

Restraint is for suckers.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2006, 06:43:07 AM »

Put it this way - if you took time off from your job for 'family reasons' and were then caught working for someone else, how long do you think it would take your current employers to fire your ass?

Or how about this, for an example , I work in restaurant's, come next week , I'll be working at two. TGI Fridays and Applebee's. Now strict code of conduct would be you cant work at a competing restaurant, right? Not the case, I'm only doing the TGI thing for 2 months during the busy season in NYC, to maximize my income, while retaining my "full time job" at Applebee's. And my employers are aware and cool with it.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2006, 06:54:43 AM »

Or how about this, for an example , I work in restaurant's, come next week , I'll be working at two. TGI Fridays and Applebee's. Now strict code of conduct would be you cant work at a competing restaurant, right? Not the case, I'm only doing the TGI thing for 2 months during the busy season in NYC, to maximize my income, while retaining my "full time job" at Applebee's. And my employers are aware and cool with it.

I'm sure I'll get the 'hater' sticker for sayin' this but your example proves what the so called 'haters' or in reality the non-blinded-Axl-worshippers say. The restaurants will be doing good without you. If you are there, it's great, you work well and help them out. If you're not - then it's okay, they'll find someone else to do the job. Brain's presence is not essentail in the band and like you pointed out in your post: you and Brain are employees. Replecable and 'out-of-the-loop', other people decide the main things. No biggie, Brain can do a good job when he is on board, but the show can go on without him and nobody notice that he's not there, only a few Internet die-hards.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2006, 07:11:22 AM »

I'm sure I'll get the 'hater' sticker for sayin' this but your example proves what the so called 'haters' or in reality the non-blinded-Axl-worshippers say. The restaurants will be doing good without you. If you are there, it's great, you work well and help them out. If you're not - then it's okay, they'll find someone else to do the job. Brain's presence is not essentail in the band and like you pointed out in your post: you and Brain are employees. Replecable and 'out-of-the-loop', other people decide the main things. No biggie, Brain can do a good job when he is on board, but the show can go on without him and nobody notice that he's not there, only a few Internet die-hards.

Actually my point was that I am sure Axl , and GNR are not gonna hold it against him for doin stuff outside, see in my job Im only a waiter, and my job is to keep guest happy, Im not in management where if I worked for 2 companies that would be a serious ethical breach. BUt this is music, and Brain is a drummer, who has always been doin his thing, see this is why I would like to wait till CD comes out. I would find this only a problem if Brain is contributed to the writting process. And if so then there has to have been a clause or some agreement that would allow him to do anything outside GNR, while GNR are actually doin something. As for me, like I said Im just a waiter, basically a self contractor, people pay my salary not the "job".

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2006, 07:18:26 AM »

sorry i gotta take issue with this:

our favorite estranged mate.

now i could give a shit who the drum is - as long as it isnt that dick sorum - and if brain has left then all the better. a band with two drummers is ok, a band with two drummers of whom one is a substitute is pretty lame.
and to put brain on a pedestal as those true gunners who we wont see under the gnr banner is tantamount to blasphemy. my favourite estranged mate (in gnr terms) is izzy. or slash. or duff. or steven. not some drummer who is up bucketheads rear-end.
fixintodie
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2006, 07:33:47 AM »

Actually my point was that I am sure Axl , and GNR are not gonna hold it against him for doin stuff outside, see in my job Im only a waiter, and my job is to keep guest happy, Im not in management where if I worked for 2 companies that would be a serious ethical breach. BUt this is music, and Brain is a drummer, who has always been doin his thing, see this is why I would like to wait till CD comes out. I would find this only a problem if Brain is contributed to the writting process. And if so then there has to have been a clause or some agreement that would allow him to do anything outside GNR, while GNR are actually doin something. As for me, like I said Im just a waiter, basically a self contractor, people pay my salary not the "job".

If you called in sick at one restaurant and then worked at another, if word got back to the first one, you'd be fired. That's all.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2006, 08:12:47 AM »

At this point in the game, I could care less. As long as Brain is the guy banging on the album, whoever they get to play the live gigs, I can live with. If Brain is in and then out and then in for one tour and out for another - no problems here. We should probably get used to this type of revolving door thing anyways
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: