Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis  (Read 48798 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« on: October 29, 2006, 12:05:48 AM »

Watching now, thought you guys would wanna know

At first glance, didn't look like him, but if he has a full beard n mustache now....It's looking a lot like a guy that's in GNR...Plays similar too.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 12:15:30 AM by oneway23 » Logged
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 12:13:08 AM »

what?
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 12:21:36 AM »

I just watched Brain play a set at the VEGOOSE festival, taking place in Las Vegas today and tomorrow, with Buckethead, Bill Laswell, and Bernie Worrell; otherwise known as Praxis.  Initially I did not think it was him, but upon closer inspection, it sure looked and sounded a HELL of a lot like our favorite estranged mate.
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 12:27:35 AM »

honestly, i didn't want to believe it either, but it sure looked like brain to me.  maybe it's a one-shot deal since they're in vegas, which is i guess close to brain in CA?

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 12:34:21 AM »

Interesting...

Maybe the idea was for Brain to train Frank this summer, to take over in the Fall.

I like 'em both. The shows I was at, Frank was very good.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 12:34:36 AM »

Damn. The webcast from Vegoose with Praxis lasted only for 15 minutes.

They were featured for a far too brief moment. 

rant

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 12:39:55 AM »

i'm watching inland invasion now...i'm not sure anymore if it really was brain.  either way, i don't know how cool axl would be with brain leaving a portion of the gnr tour but showing up to play w/ bucket.

oneway23
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 12:46:24 AM »

Who knows?  It was on for a total of 15 mins....If it wasn't him, they sure as hell got what I'd consider a dead ringer, didn't they...
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 12:48:05 AM »

Ain't that a kick in the teeth.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 12:49:02 AM »

i'm watching inland invasion now...i'm not sure anymore if it really was brain.? either way, i don't know how cool axl would be with brain leaving a portion of the gnr tour but showing up to play w/ bucket.

Inland Invasion?  Huh

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 12:49:31 AM »

From Sauls board:

Show was fucking great. They only played about 45 minutes though...not nearly enough. The line-up was: Brain, Bucket, Bernie and Bill Laswell. That's a whole bunch of talent for one stage!!!

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 12:50:42 AM »

i don't know how cool axl would be with brain leaving a portion of the gnr tour but showing up to play w/ bucket.

Brain's a grown man.

If he did a one-off gig with friends, its nothing. If Axl would've had an issue re: Brain playing with Bucket in general, he would'nt have allowed him to tour with C2B3.

If he's touring with Praxis more frequently, that's a different story. However, I doubt he'd do it without even mentioning it to Axl.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 12:50:53 AM »

So he took time off for his family but could play this gig? What a dick

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 12:52:42 AM »

From Sauls board:

Show was fucking great. They only played about 45 minutes though...not nearly enough. The line-up was: Brain, Bucket, Bernie and Bill Laswell. That's a whole bunch of talent for one stage!!!

Eh, pretty close to Cali...closer than Fla or Puerto Rico, right?  Can't say I'm not a bit peeved.  Not like Praxis is a consistent touring unit...They play exactly that: one off gigs.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 12:55:09 AM »

Brain could spend time with his family and do the gnr gigs. i am sure Axl could lend him a copter to go to and from every show, hell axl does that.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 12:55:38 AM »

One show is not a big deal.

Brain isn't expected to decompose in his house after all.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 12:56:05 AM »

While I like both drummers, Frank really plays the rock stuff with abandon.  He pounds the drums, and has a powerful live sound a la Bonham.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 12:56:11 AM »

Damn right, Dave.

Instead of taking a short trip to Vegas and back, he should stay home 24/7 now. The whole thing probably took him 2-3 days, it's a bit different from touring across the States with GNR for the rest of the year.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 12:59:08 AM »

why is this a big deal? I think Brain lives in Cali. And last I checked Vegas isnt far from Cali. Is Brain supposed to stay lokced up with his kid? I dont want Brain gone at all but I respect the fact he wants to spend some time with his new family....If he continues to play with Praxis or any other band for a sustained period than Id raise my eyebrow...This is nothin...just relax

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 12:59:58 AM »

Damn right, Dave.

Instead of taking a short trip to Vegas and back, he should stay home 24/7 now. The whole thing probably took him 2-3 days, it's a bit different from touring across the States with GNR for the rest of the year.

yeah, it really isn't like he is going on a huge world tour or something.  the timing was just weird...he's no longer listed as in the band on the myspace page, then he shows up on stage with buckethead.  it's probably not really indicative of any trouble with him and the rest of gnr though...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: