Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why Does Axl Start The Shows So Late?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Does Axl Start The Shows So Late?  (Read 13886 times)
gnrbus
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts When?

« on: November 01, 2006, 08:34:10 PM »

Can someone tell me why Axl has to start the shows at 11:30-12:00? Would starting the show at 9:00 be too big a deal?

I've never seen any other artist/band start shows so late.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 08:36:01 PM »

if you can't handle it, don't fucking go.  ok
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 08:36:41 PM »

Because he hates you
bad obsession 4GNR
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 08:38:07 PM »

cuz he's Axl
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 08:40:07 PM »

Because he hates you

exactly.  haven't you learned yet gnrbus?   axl fucking hates us all and does everything he can to make all his fans mad at him and thrives off them whining and bitching and complaining on internet messageboards about anything and everything involving the band.

Cool
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 08:40:34 PM »

Jesus stop the bitching threads
gnrbus
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 08:41:45 PM »

If your fucking mother taught you to read then you would know that i'm asking a question.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 08:42:18 PM »

Yeah, just be happy they're touring at all. Or would you rather wait another 4 years?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 08:46:32 PM »

If your fucking mother taught you to read then you would know that i'm asking a question.

Sorry what are you talking about? I can't read... Lips Sealed

Anyway, why does it matter why he starts so late? I think its good (as long as he turns up) gets the crowd going. The tickets always say the show that GNR are scheduled AFTER 10pm, which means Axl can go on when he feels like.
gnrbus
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 08:48:17 PM »

All I want to know is why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does Axl feel more comfortable playing later or is there some other reason. Can you people stop with the rude remarks, i'm just asking a fucking question.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 08:50:50 PM »

Can someone tell me why Axl has to start the shows at 11:30-12:00? Would starting the show at 9:00 be too big a deal?

It's part of his campaign against Daylight Saving Time.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 08:54:20 PM »

who gives a fuck?HuhHuhHuh

you go to the show???

when i go to a concert, i plan on being out the whole night.

you can't hang, go home!!!!

the show starts when it starts

i flew to vegas in 02' and i was just happy they went on and finished the show.

what don't you people understand.....people keep telling you that the show won't start til after 11, and still, keep bitch and ask why

shut the fuck up already!!!!!

Behold, the evil that men do...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 09:15:11 PM »

I went to another band's concert recently (I won't say which one out of embarassment  Embarrassed )  The entire show was over by 9:30.  I felt like I was at a kiddie show  hihi

I dunno, maybe it's cuz I'm used to GNR and expect to get out after the buses and trains have stopped rollin.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 09:16:06 PM »

if your tired and need sleep stay home on the internet. Fucking crybabies. it's a rock show who cares what time it starts. just enjoy it.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 09:19:26 PM »

I think this fans are used to the Back Street Boys / NSYNC time schedule...  hihi
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 09:20:24 PM »

All I want to know is why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does Axl feel more comfortable playing later or is there some other reason. Can you people stop with the rude remarks, i'm just asking a fucking question.

It's easy. ?He's fallen into a routine. ?Do you go to bed at about the same time every night? ?Do you wake up at similar times? ?Do you tend to work out at the same time? ?Do you tend to eat at the same time every day? ?Life is one big routine. ?Everyone has there way of doing something. ?I'm sure it's just a comfort thing.

That's my opinion.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
daubs
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »

leave the guy alone. at least its a legit question. its better than all the threads of people speculating. it fucknig tired of seeing threads about what people think will happen. i dont care. i think the board should keep it to news, questions and updates and rumours. or at least start a entire section for speculation.
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 09:25:41 PM »

leave the guy alone. at least its a legit question. its better than all the threads of people speculating. it fucknig tired of seeing threads about what people think will happen. i dont care. i think the board should keep it to news, questions and updates and rumours. or at least start a entire section for speculation.

same here

to be on topic i really dont know why he start so late, and really dont care hihi

another thing...WTF is wrong with forum members over here?? , so Del James writes an article and everybody changed opinions ?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 09:31:52 PM »

I'm just gonna let Del James do the talking right now:

WHOA, WAIT A MINUTE -- who decides what late is? Every single press release for the tour specifies that Sebastian Bach will be going on sometime AFTER 8pm, Papa Roach will be going on AFTER 9pm, and Guns N' Roses will be onstage AFTER 10pm. This is supposed to be an all night party. When the f*ck did rock n' roll -- and the last time I checked rock music was supposed to be a non-conformist, rebellious, art form -- get a Flavor Flav-sized time clock wrapped around its neck like a hangman's noose? Rebellion and punctuality do not go hand in hand and for those of you too young to remember, The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin rarely went on before midnight in their hey day.

Here's a little insight for you -- a rock band has to do certain things in order to be prepared to hit the stage. It's a lot like a sports team warming up before hitting the field. Axl has to do his vocal warm ups or else he will blow his voice out. Guitarist Robin Finck has to do yoga-type stretching or else he's going to pull or tear a muscle again. Some of the band members need chiropractic adjustments or massage therapy. Others need to warm up on their instruments. The list is endless and every night something unexpected always occurs. There's a lot more to it than showing up, grabbing an instrument, and walking onstage. No one is interested in wasting your time or keeping you waiting, but the band goes on when it is 100 percent ready to go on and give it all that they have for that evening and not one minute before. The show starts when the band hits the stage and ends when the final encore is over.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 09:34:37 PM »

same here

to be on topic i really dont know why he start so late, and really dont care hihi

another thing...WTF is wrong with forum members over here?? , so Del James writes an article and everybody changed opinions ?

well i remember seeing them in 91 3 nights at the garden and those shows didnt start until midnight or there abouts. hammerstein shows after 11:00 p.m. and vegas was the same. so everyone knows gnr goes on late, you just gotta live with it or dont fucking go to the show, it's simple.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: