Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 10:48:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228023 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Am I all alone?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I all alone?  (Read 6124 times)
mdttkk
Rocker

« on: November 02, 2006, 02:31:39 AM »

I'm pretty sure that this is the right section for this, I wouldn't consider it dead horse but I guess the mods can decide that.  Anyway I browse the forum lots and see posts about people calling certain GNR songs "fillers", and alot of the UYI tracks were "filler".  Am I the only one who loves every GNR song to death?  I mean there is not one song by GNR that I dont like.  If i had to pick a least favorite it would be madagascar but its still 20 times better than whats out in the music scene today.  GNR are the only band that I love every song by, Van Halen being the second closest followed by AC/DC.  When I define a hardcore fan I would say that they love every song by GNR, have as much appreciation for Axl and the new band as in the old, respect all band members/former band members projects and not diss other great artists (scott weiland).  I guess that makes me a true hardcore fan, im not sure what else there is to add.  Anyways if this thread doesnt get locked lets not turn it into an Axl vs Scott thread or whatever else, but seriously am i all alone on this one?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 02:35:39 AM »

To me they are fillers not because they're bad, but because they're not absolute fucking amazing. Enjoy listening to Back Off Bitch, Bad Apples etc. But you when you put em up against YCBM they seem kinda bleak.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 02:36:05 AM »

I would consider Anything Goes, Double Talkin Jive, Bad Apples, Dead Horse, Breakdown, So Fine, My World, and everything on the Spaghetti Incident (except Ain't It Fun) to be fillers. But that's just my opinion.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 02:39:07 AM »

I would consider Anything Goes, Double Talkin Jive, Bad Apples, Dead Horse, Breakdown, So Fine, My World, and everything on the Spaghetti Incident (except Ain't It Fun) to be fillers. But that's just my opinion.

Sacrilege  nervous

mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 03:30:47 AM »

i guess its just different musical taste, i like back off bitch alot more than YCBM, but i would never go as far as to say that a song by GNR is filler.  and dead horse filler? man that is like the best damn song ever
anythinggoes
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 03:35:34 AM »

I'm pretty sure that this is the right section for this, I wouldn't consider it dead horse but I guess the mods can decide that.? Anyway I browse the forum lots and see posts about people calling certain GNR songs "fillers", and alot of the UYI tracks were "filler".? Am I the only one who loves every GNR song to death?? I mean there is not one song by GNR that I dont like.? If i had to pick a least favorite it would be madagascar but its still 20 times better than whats out in the music scene today.? GNR are the only band that I love every song by, Van Halen being the second closest followed by AC/DC.? When I define a hardcore fan I would say that they love every song by GNR, have as much appreciation for Axl and the new band as in the old, respect all band members/former band members projects and not diss other great artists (scott weiland).? I guess that makes me a true hardcore fan, im not sure what else there is to add.? Anyways if this thread doesnt get locked lets not turn it into an Axl vs Scott thread or whatever else, but seriously am i all alone on this one?

You are not alone
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 03:40:57 AM »

Well, I'm listening a lot UYI 1&2 for the moment (a lot meaning all the time) and I can't help but think about some songs as fillers ... Never did before but some sounds really weak : So Fine, My World, You Ain't The First, Bad Apples ...

Maybe I've been listening too much the Illusions. But on the other hand I've been playing AFD like a million times and never had that feeling.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 03:49:21 AM »

For me, the Duff and Izzy tunes have always been my least favourite. I think So Fine is kind of lame and I just never got excited about the vocals on DustnBones, 14 Years or DTJ. I guess Axl deserves the blame for My World though  hihi.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 04:18:33 AM »

Breakdown is one of my favorite songs, and someone just called it filler. I think a lot of people just realized that with UYI they could have made one album and everyone would have had to admit it was one of the best of all time, so they say songs are filler - but really they're not, i'm definitely glad they were released. Waiting for CD would have been that much longer without them.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 04:19:53 AM »

Breakdown is one of my favorite songs, and someone just called it filler. I think a lot of people just realized that with UYI they could have made one album and everyone would have had to admit it was one of the best of all time, so they say songs are filler - but really they're not, i'm definitely glad they were released. Waiting for CD would have been that much longer without them.

Well, they could have released them as B-sides on the 200 singles they put out.

Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 04:32:59 AM »

I love the diversity on the illusion albums, but i also believe thats why i skip over some tracks depending on my mood...it doesnt flow as well as appetite

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 04:51:02 AM »

I have to say i listen to the songs bar MY WORLD.Call me wrong but it seems to me that it was thrown in at the last minute by someone who was upset as to how everything was going at that time.

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 04:52:03 AM »

I'm pretty sure that this is the right section for this, I wouldn't consider it dead horse but I guess the mods can decide that.? Anyway I browse the forum lots and see posts about people calling certain GNR songs "fillers", and alot of the UYI tracks were "filler".? Am I the only one who loves every GNR song to death?? I mean there is not one song by GNR that I dont like.? If i had to pick a least favorite it would be madagascar but its still 20 times better than whats out in the music scene today.? GNR are the only band that I love every song by, Van Halen being the second closest followed by AC/DC.? When I define a hardcore fan I would say that they love every song by GNR, have as much appreciation for Axl and the new band as in the old, respect all band members/former band members projects and not diss other great artists (scott weiland).? I guess that makes me a true hardcore fan, im not sure what else there is to add.? Anyways if this thread doesnt get locked lets not turn it into an Axl vs Scott thread or whatever else, but seriously am i all alone on this one?

My sentiments exactly...love all the songs except for my world I absolutely despise that song
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 04:53:16 AM »

Dead Horse and Breakdown surely can't be considered fillers by anyone ?Undecided ?If there are any fillers at all on GN'R albums then may be My World and Bad Apples? Although My World is too short to fill anything especially when UYI II needs no filling it just feels like a joke at the end of the album.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 04:54:56 AM by Rocksteady » Logged

This   is   Democracy!!!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 05:15:51 AM »

I don't know if GN'R would set out to just "fill" an album. But there are songs, that despite being excellent are obvious B-sides.

You're Crazy (electric)
Anything Goes
Reckless Life
Right Next Door To Hell
Perfect Crime
Back Off Bitch
Don't Damn Me
Bad Apples
Shotgun Blues
So Fine
Don't Cry (alternate)
My World

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 05:25:21 AM »

am I the only one that loves so fine?

I think its a great track.. dead horse is pretty cool as well..

Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 05:29:19 AM »

am I the only one that loves so fine?

I think its a great track.. dead horse is pretty cool as well..

Huh

I like So Fine & Dead Horse.

But So Fine is definitely a B-side.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 05:32:42 AM »

I don't know if GN'R would set out to just "fill" an album. But there are songs, that despite being excellent are obvious B-sides.

You're Crazy (electric)
Anything Goes
Reckless Life
Right Next Door To Hell
Perfect Crime
Back Off Bitch
Don't Damn Me
Bad Apples
Shotgun Blues
So Fine
Don't Cry (alternate)
My World

i don't think Right Next Door To Hell would have been track 1 if the band didn't consider it a strong song.
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 05:40:20 AM »

Do not call "Back of Bitch" a filler, its a awesome tune! Stop skipping all the songs that havnt been hits when you lisend to the records and I guess you will find some new songs you will really like. I Agree with mdttkk. I can (and do) play all the records and let them spin without skipping any song and enjoying every second.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 05:58:00 AM »

You're Crazy (electric)
Anything Goes
Reckless Life
Right Next Door To Hell
Perfect Crime
Back Off Bitch
Don't Damn Me
Bad Apples
Shotgun Blues
So Fine
Don't Cry (alternate)
My World

i don't think Right Next Door To Hell would have been track 1 if the band didn't consider it a strong song.

I think it's a good song, but I always thought it was a poor opening song, in comparison to AFD's Jungle & UYI II's Civil War.

Do not call "Back of Bitch" a filler, its a awesome tune! Stop skipping all the songs that havnt been hits when you lisend to the records and I guess you will find some new songs you will really like. I Agree with mdttkk. I can (and do) play all the records and let them spin without skipping any song and enjoying every second.

I love Back Off Bitch. Still a B-side.

Out of that list of mine, the only songs I didn't really care for were Garden of Eden & My World.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: