Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 263230 times)
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #920 on: March 31, 2009, 05:34:43 PM »

I need help from all of you Baz fans and people who bought his Angel Down record, I couldn't find this anywhere else:

What are the exact lines sung by Axl in the 3 songs he participates? Also, are the lows (almost growls) in "Love is a Bitchslap" sung by Axl or Baz?

I'm researching on Axl's vocal range and knowing which are his vocals in these songs is essential to me as I think there are some of his lowest/highest notes hit recently.

And sorry for asking this here, I figured it wouldn't fit into the Guns N' Roses section because it's in Baz's record.

Can anyone help?

gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #921 on: April 01, 2009, 07:29:15 PM »

I need help from all of you Baz fans and people who bought his Angel Down record, I couldn't find this anywhere else:

What are the exact lines sung by Axl in the 3 songs he participates? Also, are the lows (almost growls) in "Love is a Bitchslap" sung by Axl or Baz?

I'm researching on Axl's vocal range and knowing which are his vocals in these songs is essential to me as I think there are some of his lowest/highest notes hit recently.

And sorry for asking this here, I figured it wouldn't fit into the Guns N' Roses section because it's in Baz's record.

Can anyone help?

Axl do lead vocals along with Baz in "Back In The Saddle", so you can hear almost during the entire song. For example: At 0:44 is Axl singing, in 0:49 its Baz.

Even better example: At 1:44 Axl is singing and at 1:46 Baz comes in, that change is amazing.

In Stuck Inside Axl comes in at 1:50 and give one of the best screams of his carreer in that song. The scream Axl give after the line he sings at 2:00 goes until 2:17, super-long, super-high, super awesome.

In Bitchslap he does backing vocals, with headphones you'll hear him clearer.

I hope I helped.

Hey would you mind showing me that research when it's done. I'd like to see it. Even if it is done in Portuguese (you're brazilian right?).

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #922 on: April 01, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »

By the way, Ive never heard Axl growl singing.

helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #923 on: April 03, 2009, 01:46:02 AM »

Can anyone help?

Axl do lead vocals along with Baz in "Back In The Saddle", so you can hear almost during the entire song. For example: At 0:44 is Axl singing, in 0:49 its Baz.

Even better example: At 1:44 Axl is singing and at 1:46 Baz comes in, that change is amazing.

In Stuck Inside Axl comes in at 1:50 and give one of the best screams of his carreer in that song. The scream Axl give after the line he sings at 2:00 goes until 2:17, super-long, super-high, super awesome.

I hope I helped.

Hey would you mind showing me that research when it's done. I'd like to see it. Even if it is done in Portuguese (you're brazilian right?).

I'm trying to find out exactly what Axl's vocal range is and see if an expert in youtube can make a video out of it. But to get him to do so, I gotta convince him it's worth, that's why I'm researching about it.

Thanks for your help and I'll let you know when I'm done. Anyway if the guy doesn't do it I'll find out how to edit videos and make it myself.

Oh yeah, do you know if the lows in Love is a Bitchslap (when he kind of echoes in a really deep voice "good time", "stratosphere", and so on) are Axl's?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 01:49:33 AM by helenluna » Logged

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #924 on: April 03, 2009, 04:18:56 AM »

By the way, Ive never heard Axl growl singing.

The words "long time" in There Was A Time come to mind.
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #925 on: April 03, 2009, 06:42:16 PM »

I'm trying to find out exactly what Axl's vocal range is and see if an expert in youtube can make a video out of it. But to get him to do so, I gotta convince him it's worth, that's why I'm researching about it.

Thanks for your help and I'll let you know when I'm done. Anyway if the guy doesn't do it I'll find out how to edit videos and make it myself.

Oh yeah, do you know if the lows in Love is a Bitchslap (when he kind of echoes in a really deep voice "good time", "stratosphere", and so on) are Axl's?

Ok, it's a deal then.

About the lows in Bitchslap, I think so, Axl do that low voice, the first lines of Shackler's Revenge for example. It sounds like Axl's low voice to me.

But yeah it is very hard to find info on Axl's range/voice. I wonder why since it's quite easy to find info on Robert Plant's, Ian Gillan's etc.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 06:49:17 PM by gunner22 » Logged

gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #926 on: April 03, 2009, 09:03:33 PM »

Can anyone help?

I hope I helped.

Here's what my mate ronws from newgnr.com have to say about it:

"Not a prob. Axl speaks in low to mid baritone and sings from bass to tenor, covering approximately 5 octaves. Granted, the bass part takes a different timbre (sound quality) than the rest. The best example of his low end which is in bass is on "Shackler's Revenge" where he is singing "I've got a funny feeling ..." I have found it more difficult to sing bass than tenor.

In addition to such a wide range, which of course is helped by mics and effects, he also can affect different sound qualities in his voice. This comes from an understanding similar to mine about how one sings.

It helps to think of the voice like a guitar, though it is more like a reed, which is used on clarinette. Anyway, to create a tone, you have a certain amount of tension and length to create a tone. If you have ever plucked a note on a guitar, you'll know what I am talking about. To create a high tone, you need a shorter length and increased tension in the length that is used. For the voice, that also requires keeping up air pressure from the lungs on the vocal chords.

The last step is resonance. A sound wave travels back and forth. In the right length of resonating space, the soundwaves double in amplitude while at the same frequency, creating an amplified effect. Here's where it sounds contradictory. To create a high note, you are actually creating a small sound that is amplified correctly in the the proper length of resonating space. The way to change the resonating space is increase or decrease the space. A high note needs a short resonating space. So it should resonate behind the sinuses to the bottom of the tongue. This is often called head space. A low note is mistakenly called chest space, when actually, it is a combination of the space from the larynx to the mouth. In between will be various mix of head and mouth space to sing in a particular part of the range. One of the best ways to create short resonating space for a high note by smiling or grimacing widely. This forces the bottom of the throat to close up and forces the sound into the back of the throat. When you see Axl do that, it is not for effect but to create the proper resonating space. Sometimes, you will see him hold that expression because the next note is going to shatter glass. Also, what helps the range is to maintain alignment of the head and body to stabilize the resonating chambers of the throat and sinuses. When you see Axl move his whole upper body but not his neck, that is not just for a dramatic presentation, that is to maintain the proper resonating chamber. In other words, Rose is one of the most technically accurate singers you will ever hear. You can also see Ronnie James Dio and Bruce Dickinson applying the same principles.

One of the things I like best about CD is that you get to hear his unadorned voice. Especially, on "Prostitute." I think I can say this because I sing, too. But on that song, you are hearing his voice without timbre effects, except for some reverb, which is like singing in an amphitheater.

I don't know if anyone has accurately guaged his whole range but I think it's about 5 octaves, at least."

---------------------------------------------------

All credits goes to ronws, on newgnr.com. Thank you Ron.

helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #927 on: April 04, 2009, 02:29:11 AM »

I do understand a bit about vocals because my husband sings too (he is a 4 octave, he goes pretty low) and sometimes he clarifies to me a few things on this voice types subject, helps me difference head voice, chest voice, mixed voice, falsetto. I'm becoming good at it  Wink

Well, unfortunately all I could prove until now is a little more than 3 and 1/2 octave range for Axl. Falsetto doesn't count. This guy measures the notes in a software so it's pretty accurate.

His lowest is Eb2 in "you ain't the first". C#2 in "Shackler's" and "coma".
Highest: G#5  in "back in the saddle", and in the "scraped" intro.

If we could find something a bit lower and something a bit higher it would help a lot. I think if we go through all of GnR catalog we may find it. Maybe in live footage, maybe in demos, maybe even in the regular albums we missed one song or another. I just don't have much time to be listening all that stuff and taking note of everything that I consider high and low enough to submit to the guy at youtube.

I really appreciate your help and I'm gonna talk to ronws at newGnR thanking him anyway.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #928 on: April 07, 2009, 10:02:21 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Says Upcoming Concert DVD 'Could Be The Best Show I Have Ever Seen Of My Band' - Mar. 27, 2009

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has issued the following update:

"Well, I am happy to say that the concert that will be coming out soon on DVD has been finalized. All I can tell you right now is that it could be the best show I have ever seen of my band, any band I have ever been in. The sound is incredible, and the vibe and energy of the show is unbelievable. The show is captured with multi-camera angles, pro-shot and pro-audio. The performances of the musicians raises the bar, and a couple of these renditions might just be the definitive live versions of some of the biggest-ever songs out of my catalog. If my intention is to always put out a better disc to you the fans, then I am certainly right on track with this upcoming DVD. I really cannot wait for all of you to see/hear the new DVD, which I am hoping will be released on the Blu-ray format as well! Stay tuned for details on the new DVD, coming your way soon!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=117012

From Sebastian...

Looks like 'Bach on Blu-Ray" is a GO! Got info from the tech people yesterday: show thats coming out will work on Blu-Ray! DVD too! bonus!!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #929 on: April 12, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Angel Down album by Sebastian Bach on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3 Album Song Tracks

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=musi...

Myspace is streaming the WHOLE entire 'Angel Down' record! Crank it up & if you dig it , grab the mp3's! Or better yet head to Fye & get the Angel Down Limited Edition CD, which comes with way better sound than mp3's, plus the hour- long DVD 'Roadrage' , which will kick yer dick in the dirt! Enjoy!

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #930 on: April 13, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »

in response to ther person looking for axl vice samples.. try anything from hollywood rose for some high notes.. what about its so easy for the low notes.. i'm sure you have already checked that one out though.. oh my god maybe??
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #931 on: April 13, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »

from his twitter:
sebastianbach
DVD / Blu-Ray in progress.. recorded my 1st ever song yesterday with my son London! hahaha he rocks.
29 minutes ago from web

prety cool, wonder if it's a song for a future baz album or for his sons band, did his son play drums or what? don't remember  Tongue
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #932 on: April 13, 2009, 05:13:09 PM »

Look for Sebastian on Late Night w/Jimmy Fallon?

@jimmyfallon dude it's sebastian ! awesome hangin out w u at hammerstein gnr show 2006! if u ever want some ROCK on yer show, lemmy know!!!
about 1 hour ago from web in reply to jimmyfallon

# @sebastianbach dude that was great. You wanna come on?
about 1 hour ago from Tweetie in reply to sebastianbach

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #933 on: April 13, 2009, 05:16:48 PM »

^would be so cool

i have the feeling twitter can help really cool stuff happen  Tongue
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #934 on: April 13, 2009, 08:20:09 PM »

Look for Sebastian on Late Night w/Jimmy Fallon?

@jimmyfallon dude it's sebastian ! awesome hangin out w u at hammerstein gnr show 2006! if u ever want some ROCK on yer show, lemmy know!!!
about 1 hour ago from web in reply to jimmyfallon

# @sebastianbach dude that was great. You wanna come on?
about 1 hour ago from Tweetie in reply to sebastianbach
That's cool.  Maybe he'll bring Axl with him. 

I heard Jimmy on Stern and he sounded like he'd be psyched to have anyone and everyone on his show.  Come one, come all.  Said he hated calling people and asking them to be on the show, so I'm sure he'd love to have people reach out to him.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #935 on: April 14, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »

sebastianbachHad a great talk with Roy Z (producer/co-writer on Angel Down) last nite. He is on board for the new record! great news !!
about 1 hour ago from web

cool-eh-ooh
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #936 on: April 15, 2009, 02:44:13 PM »

Axl Rose, Robin Finck, & yours truly destroying the stage 2006

http://twitpic.com/3cx6q

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #937 on: April 16, 2009, 02:29:39 PM »

anyone know what came of the country album baz was working on?  is that still in the pipeline?
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #938 on: April 16, 2009, 04:01:23 PM »

anyone know what came of the country album baz was working on?  is that still in the pipeline?
I believe so
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #939 on: April 16, 2009, 08:06:10 PM »

Bach posted a few things on his myspace, he said he was laying 2 new tracks with the guys from hatebreed. "tracks that will melt your face!".

and also post videos of him performing on Rocklahoma 2008:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=54524288&blogID=483260619

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: