Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:33:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  video for new single
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: video for new single  (Read 7637 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 04:18:14 PM »

the sheep video proved that GNR could make a video without anyone knowing about it.

I hear the sheep filmed and directed the video themselves. Crafty animals!

Here today...ready to rock
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 04:43:24 PM »

Bands still make music videos?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2006, 05:42:21 PM »

I don't even think they should bother with doing a video. MTV doesn't really show vids anymore except for at like 2 AM. I'd like to see them air a concert on MTV or VH1 instead. Hell, they could even air the Rock Am Ring concert for all i care, since the majority of the usa hasn't seen it yet.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 05:46:09 PM »

go to http://www.mtv.com/#/ and you can watch almost every single video gnr ever made
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 05:47:48 PM by flicknn » Logged
GNRFAN001
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2006, 08:26:49 PM »

i thought that thats why axl wore the same clothing at the hammerstein shows
so he could get some video footage
BlueTreeGreenGrass
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »

I hope they do a quasi-live thing! With just Fortus smashing his guitar over and over.
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2006, 08:46:26 PM »

i've seen some cool ideas on youtube actually...some so shitty you wanna fall on the floor and put your cig out in your own eye ball, but some so good and so professional looking you wish the band would just buy the rights and release it to mtv.  oh wait, mtv doesn't show videos...

but really, i think the band is wearing the same clothes the whole tour not just cuz they like to season their outfits, but cuz they're filming footage to possibly use in future videos and perhaps a live dvd.  some day, anyway.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2006, 09:04:34 PM »

Axl said during the Eddie Trunk interview that he thinks GNR's past videos are corny, but he enjoyed filming them.

So I'd expect either a modern concept for a new video or a video that contains just live footage.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2006, 10:10:56 PM »

go to http://www.mtv.com/#/ and you can watch almost every single video gnr ever made

Yeah but MTV only shows the same 10 videos every single day on TRL. I don't see GNR ending up on there, so why make a video?
ben9785
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2006, 10:16:16 PM »

i thought that thats why axl wore the same clothing at the hammerstein shows
so he could get some video footage
Yeah, I think they said that was going to be used for a future DVD..but there's no reason why they can't make a video for the new single using live footage they shot from these shows. It could be promo for the dvd as well, but ideally they'd want to release the dvd sometime soon for the promotion to be efficient. Similar to what another high profile band did, they had a particular song on an album coming out (although it was well after the release of the album itself), and they had a live dvd coming out about that time so they simply used a live clip of that particular song from the dvd as the official promotional video for that single, so it was kind of cross promoting the single/album and the live dvd.

And maybe for the release of "Better" if it is the first single, they can have a live clip of the song from the New York shows with live audio as the video clip until the official release of the single/album, to avoid any leaks etc. I know there is one band who did this, they had a live version of their single as promo prior to the release of the single/album, and after that they used the live footage with the audio from the studio version
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 12:10:53 AM »

If you've ever seen the Foo Fighters video for "Best of You", I think something similar could be really easy to film quietly.

A performance in a smallish room somewhere, cut in with footage from nature, wars, news etc.

Keep the production crew down really low and have them sign release forms to prevent them blabbing.(This would work best if the time between shooting and TV premiere was really short such as a week).

Dude, when I saw Best Of You I thought that would have been a killer video for Better.

And if the same people who did the "best of" cover art did the video we would never know it had been made. They did The Original Fire for audioslave and use a lot of cool computer animation.

btw, Fuse and MTV2 still play videos
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 12:14:04 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 07:50:21 AM »

There's quite a few channels in the UK that play rock and alternative vids 24/7.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 07:55:58 AM »

Why does this album need a single , it has 13 years of advertising behind it. Everybody asumnes it needs a single.

only "music nerds" know/heard about it.
average joe doesnt give a fuck, and doesnt know about it.

go ask your friends...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2006, 07:57:00 AM »

Axl said during the Eddie Trunk interview that he thinks GNR's past videos are corny, but he enjoyed filming them.

So I'd expect either a modern concept for a new video or a video that contains just live footage.

He was the one who insisted on paying millions on making crazy videos!

html sucks
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: