Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:51:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [FAKE] GN'R signing at Chicago's Virgin Megastore - this was a hoax
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [FAKE] GN'R signing at Chicago's Virgin Megastore - this was a hoax  (Read 19384 times)
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 05:33:21 AM »

I think its legit because the text isnt perfectly horizontal.. therefore to me it is indeed a picture of a sign.. rather than a sign thats been created in photoshop.

If the text was perfectly level then it would be unlikely someone took a pic of it that perfectly lined up....

I think its real....
yeah, its a real picture of a fake notice.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 05:45:26 AM »

I want so much to believe it's true, but I can't help wondering: Why would this guy go in so much trouble to proove himself? I mean, he has like 7 posts on cd.com about the Virgin thing only and he's not even familiar with the band.  Undecided

Wow, that other Guns N' Roses board really took off with that info. I guess whoever the band is they have some die hard fans.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=39365.msg791816#msg791816

...and now he's taking pictures to convince us?
I appreciate the info, but doesn't he have anything else to do? It just makes me suspicious.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 05:47:47 AM »

I want so much to believe it's true, but I can't help wondering: Why would this guy go in so much trouble to proove himself? I mean, he has like 7 posts on cd.com about the Virgin thing only and he's not even familiar with the band.? Undecided

Wow, that other Guns N' Roses board really took off with that info. I guess whoever the band is they have some die hard fans.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=39365.msg791816#msg791816

...and now he's taking pictures to convince us?
I appreciate the info, but doesn't he have anything else to do? It just makes me suspicious.

I agree, but on that same note why would they go to all this trouble to make a fake??

You could look at it either way so I guess we just have to wait and see.
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 05:54:55 AM »

i think this dude has a good laugh with us
poor cdstore if this turns out to be fake
all those gnr fans line up at the store and the cdstore goes like WTF!!???

(ps still hoope it ain't fake tho )
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 06:00:16 AM »

nobody is gonna line up. How many people from Chicago do you think have even seen this notice? Let alone think its real.  By the time the actual day roles around, this prank will be proven false.
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 06:02:14 AM »

nobody is gonna line up. How many people from Chicago do you think have even seen this notice? Let alone think its real.? By the time the actual day roles around, this prank will be proven false.

if i see how some people react here on forum it won't surprise me they book fly tickets already to line up? rofl
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 06:06:09 AM »

man, the gnr community is going insane hihi we wouldn't believe that flyer is for real even if we'd get a video of merck personally typing it and handing it over to the store manager hihi

if it's true or not, it's only two weeks away. we've waited far more for other rumors to be verified. what's two more weeks?

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 06:11:16 AM »

i think its BS, like the guy said before. its a real pic of a fake notice.

the only reason i think topics like this haven't been deleted so far is coz jarmo is in the states, i think management would tell him its fullm of shit and then topics would be deleted.

although, like everyone else i hope im wrong!!!!!!!!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
badapple81
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 06:13:23 AM »

Look at the blurred marks around the text. Photoshopped I say.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 06:17:15 AM »

Look at the blurred marks around the text. Photoshopped I say.

or JPEG compression...

badapple81
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 06:25:09 AM »

Maybe. I am just doubtful that it's going to happen within the next couple of weeks, unless we hear some MAJOR announcements within the next few days.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 06:26:53 AM »

Who cares if its fake and the guy who made it gets satisfaction? least its something to discuss and its a possibility.

I dont care if it turns out to be fake.
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 06:30:44 AM »

I think almost ALL of this solid evidence is created by the band as part of the promotional campaign to further enchance the mystique of Chinese Democracy.

I think the 3 songs we got were leaked on purpose, the Harley ad was leaked on purpose, the "incident" with Del James's letter was on purpose, as well as the Rolling Stone article talking about "Sorry" and how many Tuesdays are left. 

This picture at the Virgin Megastore might be fake, but if it's real, then I think it's been set up by management to get the GNR community buzzing even more than usual. 

It's kind of like those people who say the government has special people who browse messageboards and things whenever there's a big news story that might blow the lid of a conspiracy.  They send in people to post all kinds of crazy rumors, maybe even some true things, and then no one knows what to believe.  Of course, I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything like that, but I'm just saying that I believe this to be a similar situation.

All of these release dates that have some pretty credible stories behind them are for the most part injected into this community by the band's management.  It's the perfect way to promote an album without openly promoting it.  It's also a good way to cover up any leaked inforrmation.

Suppose someone says "The release date is Demember 12th" and management shits their pants because it's true.  So, they send in someone with this whole story of the Virgin Megastore signing, and now no one knows what to believe.  Get it?  Or perhaps the Virgin thing is real, but thanks to all these other credible rumors (and I call them that for lack of a better word) no one knows what to believe., 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 06:37:58 AM by Amish » Logged
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 06:31:25 AM »

I thnk its real too.....
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 06:34:02 AM »

Maybe it would be more healthy for us just to stay offline until january  hihi
Man that is one hell of  a fucking rollercoaster ride.

Nearly tooo exciting

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 06:42:58 AM »

If its true i wonder who will be daring enough to try to record the performance.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 06:44:23 AM »

I think almost ALL of this solid evidence is created by the band as part of the promotional campaign to further enchance the mystique of Chinese Democracy.

I think the 3 songs we got were leaked on purpose, the Harley ad was leaked on purpose, the "incident" with Del James's letter was on purpose, as well as the Rolling Stone article talking about "Sorry" and how many Tuesdays are left. 

This picture at the Virgin Megastore might be fake, but if it's real, then I think it's been set up by management to get the GNR community buzzing even more than usual. 

We are the die-hards.
We are purchasing the cd the minute it's released.
We are for granted.

It's the rest of the world that needs to know about it!!!!!!!!  rant
None of my pals knows the cd is coming out this year.
They all here it from me. And it's not even my job, if you know what I'm saying.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 06:46:41 AM »

I would like to see what's written on the other sheets on that corkboard. Is that possible? Quality is too bad for me.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2006, 06:50:16 AM »

well and what if this is real and intentional?

fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2006, 07:01:17 AM »

well and what if this is real and intentional?
then somebody likes us
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: