Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:26:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [FAKE] GN'R signing at Chicago's Virgin Megastore - this was a hoax
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [FAKE] GN'R signing at Chicago's Virgin Megastore - this was a hoax  (Read 19644 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2006, 08:24:04 AM »

? If not call me a sheep and sheer my ass, cause dammit I just need a shepherd. The rumour mill, crying frusterating

Hold still......

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2006, 08:58:07 AM »

that is so fake like they would actually put a notice saying dont tell anyone gnr wil do a show and sign chinese democracy right after it and they would just leave it in the break room Roll Eyes. who ever started this fucking you rant

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2006, 09:00:26 AM »

could be true....

on the one hand i don`t think someone would just make this up to fool us ( or he`s a bored idiot...), but on the other hand i don?t think anyone would risk losing his job, because he told secret information about a band he doesn`t like on a message board...

we`ll see...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2006, 09:05:11 AM »

that is so fake like they would actually put a notice saying dont tell anyone gnr wil do a show and sign chinese democracy right after it and they would just leave it in the break room Roll Eyes. who ever started this fucking you rant

Well, who's to say there wasn't a staff meeting about it and the manager posted the notice.  A lot of times you've gotta get things in writing so that employees understand the consequences of their actions.  Not saying that I believe it's true, but if I ran a record store, I'd tell my staff not to divulge any information and I would also post a notice.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2006, 09:05:33 AM »

Isn't anyone working at a Virgin store able to tell if this could be valid? Like if that piece of paper looks like something similar from the past.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2006, 09:20:04 AM »

Its a little bit weird having a paper saying some confidencial information that noones suposed to talk about...but i want so much to believe  Cry

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2006, 09:23:46 AM »

The plot thickens...

Still undecided on this tho.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2006, 09:45:39 AM »

Its a little bit weird having a paper saying some confidencial information that noones suposed to talk about...but i want so much to believe? Cry

That's not what puts me off. If all the employees have been told already this could just be an informative note they put up so that people can't say oh, I don't know that was secret etc. What is troubling though is the articulation used. Doesn't really strike me as something a manager would write. Then again, if David Brent can hold a job.......

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2006, 09:48:43 AM »

if it were true, this thread would have been deleted

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2006, 09:53:20 AM »

if it were true, this thread would have been deleted

Deletion = truth

Good eye Superfreak...  ok

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2006, 10:03:39 AM »

could be true....

on the one hand i don`t think someone would just make this up to fool us ( or he`s a bored idiot...),

You'd think that.  And then you'd think back to:

1) Latigo Hammers
2) Gnfr
3) Danny's magic fax machine
4) the, literally, hundreds of posters who have been caught outright lying (and been banned) on these boards about CD
5) Fake song lyrics
6) "My favorite pillow"-gate

And you realize that the "bored idiot" scenario isn't as far left field as you'd like to think. The longer you're around these boards, the more you see that validates that scenario.  I'm not saying this is definitely fake (it probably is, IMHO), or saying the OP is, for certain, a "bored idiot", but...I certainly won't rule out that possibility, based on past history.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2006, 10:06:55 AM »

Well, who's to say there wasn't a staff meeting about it and the manager posted the notice.  A lot of times you've gotta get things in writing so that employees understand the consequences of their actions.  Not saying that I believe it's true, but if I ran a record store, I'd tell my staff not to divulge any information and I would also post a notice.

IMHO, any notice or memo on the subject would be much more vague.  The specifics would be handled via meeting with the staff and, possibly, follow up correspondance via their pay packet.  IF I were to post a notice about a "secret event", I certainly wouldn't put the specifics of that event in an easily viewable, easily transportable notice on a bulletin board in a breakroom.

Together again,
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2006, 10:09:08 AM »

Whilst I think its A FAKE students often work in music shops as a part-time and often don't give a damm about getting the big heave ho or are even already leaving.  Managers frequently don't think about this when they give staff meetings either. So it could be sloppy management but I don't think so.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:13:15 AM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2006, 10:11:36 AM »

Say the store has 30 employees.  They hold a meeting and then give each employee a reminder with their paycheck.  That's 30 chances that someone will toss the reminder out the window - and someone on the street finds it - chicago radio gets it, and it's all blown.

If I were the manager of this store, I would go about it the way this is going down - but I would not have said anything about GNR on that bulletin board.  Only something along the lines of "No one is to talk about the instore performance on the 28th" Rather than "No one is to talk about the Guns N' Roses performance on the 28th".

I'm riding the fence on this one, but I've got friends in Chi-Town watching out for me, to let me know if I need to stay in town after the show or not.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2006, 10:18:53 AM »

IF I were to post a notice about a "secret event", I certainly wouldn't put the specifics of that event

Dead right dude, The staff would be put onto some kind of notice that an event was being planned and possibly organise a late shift.? No record store manager would wantonly make it so easy for this to leak out if true.? With the litigatation culture as it is, who would really break an embargo for the sake of being the first and risk their livelyhood in the process

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2006, 10:20:25 AM »

Say the store has 30 employees.  They hold a meeting and then give each employee a reminder with their paycheck.  That's 30 chances that someone will toss the reminder out the window - and someone on the street finds it - chicago radio gets it, and it's all blown.

For most payroll services (including every big box retailer I know of) you can put a reminder notice directly on the pay stub, itself.  If they're that careless with their paystubs...there's more to worry about than just the reminder getting out to area radio stations...they'd need to have shared, or been careless with, their personal information.

Again, the reminder via pay packet would be vague, with the specifics being addressed in a meeting.

I know that's the way Wal-mart, Target, Toys R us, Best Buy, and some other big box retailers have handled "special event" information with empolyees before....but I've also never seen a large store handle what would be an "appearance" of this magnitude before either.  But no matter how you slice it, this "notice" doesn't really seem to be the likely way they'd handle things.

Together again,
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2006, 10:20:46 AM »

You know this is probably posted by the manager at the store. He probably didn't meet his quota ?for the month and is hoping for some quick sales by tricking some people to the store so he can keep his job.

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2006, 10:24:03 AM »

well if this is really true... this was going to be like... a surprise or something right?... so if, again this is true, anyone from gnr management can come here or to other boards and check this out and then cancel it or something... and we don?t want it, do we?  no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2006, 10:24:22 AM »

I agree if this was real it would have been delted a long time ago

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2006, 10:25:15 AM »

It doesn't say anywhere on it that they'll sign Chinese Democracy. It says "signing". You know, GNR happens to have plenty of things to be signed.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: