Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:26:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Who Would Win . . .
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Would Win . . .  (Read 5221 times)
Karma_Police
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 07:09:40 AM »

Superman obviously. You can't give Batman kryptonite to start the fight. the fight starts on level playing ground. now tell me how Spiderman and Batman have time to get kryptonite before Superman kicks the shit out of them. It's not happening. Superman owns all. the guy shoots shit from his eyes. No way Batman gets close enough to hit him with kryptonite. You people suck for thinking otherwise.  rofl

I kid, I kid. I love you all. Kiss
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 07:58:03 AM »

Superman easy

Batman is human so Superman could punch right through his fucking cHest.

I love that. D always brings some reality to a supernatural discussion  ok Fantastic.

I guess then the question D is would superman be able to punch through Tito's Fucking Chest hihi

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

Well, from an avowed comic geek:

Batman would win.

Now, I've read the naysayers points and...well....you're missing some stuff.

First off, Batman already has kryptonite.  Superman gave it to him.  Supes, during one of his more idiotic moments, gave Bats a kryptonite right "just in case" Supes ever went apeshit out of control and was destroying the world, or something.  So Bats already has the means to take down the big blue boyscout.

In addition to that....Supes is just that: A boyscout.  Bat will do whatever it takes to win.  He's brilliant, both as a detective and as a strategist.  Supes, while very powerful, has proven he's not always the brightest bulb in the chandelier and his "goody two shoes" take on things tends to be his downfall.

Someone said the fight would have to be "on a level playing field". I assume you all think it's going to be some kind of fair fight.   Ain't gonna happen.  The fight is going to take place when and where Bats sees fit, even if "someone else" tries to set up some arbitrary parameters.  Bats would figure out the parameters, and find some way to work the situation to his advantage, and would make sure he's holding as many, if not all, the cards on his side of the table.

Now, the Bats/Spidey fight would be more interesting.  Peter can match Bruce brain cell for brain cell.  He's also got a wicked dark side.  I think, in the end, it would come down to Bruce being able to figure out who Peter REALLY is, figuring out what caused Peter's mutation, and working from there.  In the end, Spidey gets caught monologuing some sarcastic diatribe and Bats uses that to his advantage and knocks Peter on his ass.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Elrothiel
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 08:42:24 AM »

Wow, that's quite astute, Pilferk! An interesting theory... now answer this... put Batman outta the picture for the moment, what about Superman vs Spiderman? If Spidey is brainier than Mr. I Like To Wear My Underpants On The Outside, then what would be his strategy for defeating him?
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 09:21:57 AM »

Make a cocoon of him?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 09:39:42 AM »

Well, from an avowed comic geek:

Batman would win.

Now, I've read the naysayers points and...well....you're missing some stuff.

First off, Batman already has kryptonite.? Superman gave it to him.? Supes, during one of his more idiotic moments, gave Bats a kryptonite right "just in case" Supes ever went apeshit out of control and was destroying the world, or something.? So Bats already has the means to take down the big blue boyscout.

In addition to that....Supes is just that: A boyscout.? Bat will do whatever it takes to win.? He's brilliant, both as a detective and as a strategist.? Supes, while very powerful, has proven he's not always the brightest bulb in the chandelier and his "goody two shoes" take on things tends to be his downfall.

Someone said the fight would have to be "on a level playing field". I assume you all think it's going to be some kind of fair fight.? ?Ain't gonna happen.? The fight is going to take place when and where Bats sees fit, even if "someone else" tries to set up some arbitrary parameters.? Bats would figure out the parameters, and find some way to work the situation to his advantage, and would make sure he's holding as many, if not all, the cards on his side of the table.

Now, the Bats/Spidey fight would be more interesting.? Peter can match Bruce brain cell for brain cell.? He's also got a wicked dark side.? I think, in the end, it would come down to Bruce being able to figure out who Peter REALLY is, figuring out what caused Peter's mutation, and working from there.? In the end, Spidey gets caught monologuing some sarcastic diatribe and Bats uses that to his advantage and knocks Peter on his ass.

I think you're underestimating Superman's gamesmanship.  Remember how he took down General Zod & Co. in Superman II?  As far as the kryptonite goes, he can reverse the earth's rotation, go back in time and decide not to give it to Batman. 

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 10:02:44 AM »

I think you're underestimating Superman's gamesmanship.  Remember how he took down General Zod & Co. in Superman II?  As far as the kryptonite goes, he can reverse the earth's rotation, go back in time and decide not to give it to Batman. 

Therein lies the problem.  I tend to stick to "comic cannon", not "movie canon".  The stuff Supes did in the movies wasn't exactly an accurate portrayal (he couldn't reverse the earth's time flow in the comics) of his comic book persona.   And through just about every interaction Supes and Bats have had in the comics....Bats seems to come out ahead.

Besides, if you take Superman II as canon, all Bats would have to do is recreate the "power sucking" machine and strip Supes of his powers.....

Hell, if you take the movies as canon, we can just get Richard Pryor to kill Superman, since that's pretty much what he did to the movie franchise.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: