Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  eodm... + why did I get 3rd bad karma point?! anyone?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: eodm... + why did I get 3rd bad karma point?! anyone?  (Read 11983 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« on: November 30, 2006, 11:22:53 AM »

well I guess someone is gonna ask it sooner or later...

so whats the scoop on this one Cheesy

a)it got deleted because it's BS?
b)because management said so?
c)absoultely no reason?
d)because its true?
e)because someone accidently pressed the wrong button?
f)something else?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 06:08:00 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:26:52 AM »

It got deleted because there's already a bunch of topics on it. Old news by now.....
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:33:36 AM »

oh come on...
thats why the dead hose is there...
to store old news threads...

this was a little more than just any old article...
it implicates some rumours... and mentiones some events...
and if dumb rumours should be delted, then why is there a rumour thread on the gnr forum?...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 11:37:06 AM »

Yeah but whats the point of having the same "news" which was just one paragraph, 20 times? It doesnt make any sense. Just use the search tool and find the old threads and discuss it there.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 11:39:10 AM »

I cant, because the old thread is locked?!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 11:46:58 AM »

That band has gotten enough PR already.

If you think that news story is 100% true, then good for you...

Nobody else had seen the incident mentioned at that show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:05:36 PM »

I've always been a great skeptic when it comes to unoffical news, (thats why I still think that it will be out in 2006)
but I think people like to make choices for them sealves to decide if its true or not.

I dont think that storry is 100% true, but I also dont think that it's 100% bullshit.

and I dont think EODM need PR, and I really dont think anyone would go buy one of their albums
because someone called them "Piggeons of shit metal".
in fact if anyone gets a bad deal from the whole incident/publicity than its EODM/POSM

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 01:14:08 PM »

I am starting to come around on this deleting threads stuff.  If the piehole pigeon is obviously full of shit, so be it. Thats the reason this board reigns supreme over others, it is not as flooded with BS threads.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Transcona
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 01:29:07 PM »

I don't agree, this is EODM's side of the story, this is new new's. It's not the same story we have all seen in various music news sites, newspapers, and other media stating they had been kicked off the tour, called a name etc. As far as I am concerned this is more news worthy, interesting, and relevant than 90% of the threads that are kept here. Don't get me wrong, I am a GNR fan, I read this site daily, I'm also attending and looking forward to this coming Mondays show in Winnipeg. But I am also a realist, and I appreciate honesty. Likely this story is the most truth we have heard on the matter.  Big deal he called Axl a name who cares, re-add the post. What are you so scared of?
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 01:34:55 PM »

I don't agree, this is EODM's side of the story, this is new new's. It's not the same story we have all seen in various music news sites, newspapers, and other media stating they had been kicked off the tour, called a name etc. As far as I am concerned this is more news worthy, interesting, and relevant than 90% of the threads that are kept here. Don't get me wrong, I am a GNR fan, I read this site daily, I'm also attending and looking forward to this coming Mondays show in Winnipeg. But I am also a realist, and I appreciate honesty. Likely this story is the most truth we have heard on the matter.? Big deal he called Axl a name who cares, re-add the post. What are you so scared of?

Find me one fan who went to the cleveland show that can verify the bass throwing story, if you can, then I will gladly stand corrected.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Transcona
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 01:39:39 PM »

"Find me one fan who went to the cleveland show that can verify the bass throwing story, if you can, then I will gladly stand corrected"

My point is its new news, who cares if he through his bass or not! Regardless its still likely the closest we have got to the real story.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 01:44:17 PM »

"Find me one fan who went to the cleveland show that can verify the bass throwing story, if you can, then I will gladly stand corrected"

My point is its new news, who cares if he through his bass or not! Regardless its still likely the closest we have got to the real story.

And that is my point. If making up some bass throwing tirade is the closest we can get to the real truth, it is better discussed at blabbermouth.  How is it "the real story" if the guy is full of shit?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
EFISH
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 01:46:58 PM »

Ok, so I just read the "new" article, I thought this was about the paragraph of GNR puns he used...

What idiots, yeah Axl picked up Tommy's bass and threw it at him. HAhahahahha! Wow, what a dumbass to straight up lie to the media. There is no way in hell that happened.
Transcona
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 01:56:52 PM »

The interesting parts of the story have nothing to do with throwing of bass guitars.

"He wasn't even there when we played. He got there about 30 minutes after we got done playing"
Hughes claims that his tour manager then received a call later that night from Rose's management apologising for the singer's actions and he asked them to return for the remaining dates of Guns n' Roses' three-week tour.
"It was like a total mutiny on the part of his band and everyone. I could hear screaming in the dressing room, 'Those are our friends and you've insulted our friends'. Then at 4am in the morning our tour manager gets a phone call which essentially amounted to: 'Axl's thought about it, he thought you guys were a band getting shoved on his tour from the label. He's really sorry and you're more than welcome to finish the tour'.
Regardless if this is true or not its NEW news regarding the incident! It should still be included here without being deleted. Do you want to talk about Axl's braids, his attire, spend time guessing release dates, or do you want to read something a little more interesting and relevant?

Don't get me wrong dude Axl's one of a kind, but if anyone is really full of shit here it likely to be him more so than Jesse Hughes.
anythinggoes
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 02:03:05 PM »

The interesting parts of the story have nothing to do with throwing of bass guitars.

"He wasn't even there when we played. He got there about 30 minutes after we got done playing"
Hughes claims that his tour manager then received a call later that night from Rose's management apologising for the singer's actions and he asked them to return for the remaining dates of Guns n' Roses' three-week tour.
"It was like a total mutiny on the part of his band and everyone. I could hear screaming in the dressing room, 'Those are our friends and you've insulted our friends'. Then at 4am in the morning our tour manager gets a phone call which essentially amounted to: 'Axl's thought about it, he thought you guys were a band getting shoved on his tour from the label. He's really sorry and you're more than welcome to finish the tour'.
Regardless if this is true or not its NEW news regarding the incident! It should still be included here without being deleted. Do you want to talk about Axl's braids, his attire, spend time guessing release dates, or do you want to read something a little more interesting and relevant?

Don't get me wrong dude Axl's one of a kind, but if anyone is really full of shit here it likely to be him more so than Jesse Hughes.

ok sorry but that scrolling is fucking annoying why do it
Transcona
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 02:03:39 PM »

I agree with ya, my mistake
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 02:14:43 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I am a GNR fan, I read this site daily...

lately, I've seen many people start their posts this way...
And I think it's a shame that it came to that,
because every time someone makes a slightly diferent post than the mainstream, he gets bashed by 50 mindless motherfuckers who are only browsing the forum to attack.

I personally believe that there's some truth to the EODM statement,
and I dont see why people are not allowed to discuss it.
the deletion/censoring only adds to the mystery, and makes EODM more credable, since the censoring
can be interpreted as GNR trying to hide something, burry the evidence,...

edit:
and when/why did I get my 3rd bad karma?!

I havent posted a single thing today except in this thread + EODM thread that got deleted in 5 seconds!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 02:17:23 PM by Lucky » Logged

Transcona
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 02:21:34 PM »

Thank you Lucky, you my friend get it!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 02:47:50 PM »

Thank you Lucky, you my friend get it!

Don't worry you're not alone on this, alot of people on the board feel this way
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 03:24:08 PM »

Something many of you freedom of speech advocates don't understand:

This ia a GN'R fan message board. We like and support the band

When somebody posts a thread with negative content about the band and/or its members, we get a thread with a bunch of people saying "what a dumbass" and some who say "it must be true!" because they'll agree with anything bad written about the band (since their fav members left ten years ago).

It doesn't matter if you keep saying "this article is bullshit", we still get those "supporters" claiming we're being lied to and the article is in fact the correct truth. According to them, the ones lying all the time is the band. Everybody else are always telling the truth about GN'R.

If you keep repeating a lie enough times, chances are these so called fans will convince other people the lies are in fact the truth. So, thanks to your freedom of speech, we've made sure more people believe the bullshit written about the band.

Lastly, what kind of fan would like to come to a fan site to read thread after thread about how much their favorite band sucks and how everybody hates them?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: