Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 07:53:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sad reading for proper Guns N Roses fans
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sad reading for proper Guns N Roses fans  (Read 10094 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« on: December 04, 2006, 02:06:32 PM »

Some of the recent media from journalists and half arsed rock bands (EODM) is very sad reading for me and I am sure it is the same for other true Guns N Roses fans. To me it is nothing other than a cheap shot at Axl so that they can get a couple of minutes in the limelight. What are Guns N Roses doing that is so bad at the moment? They have completed a very successful European tour and are half way through an American tour that is getting really good reviews from the proper credible journalists who actually know a bit about music. If this is a bad thing then I really am missing something. These people who are writing some awful articles about the band and Axl are doing a pretty cowardly thing by taking pot shots at the band and more specifically Axl. We are talking about one of the most successful bands ever here. They know exactly what they are doing with regards to the album, when it will come out and what the marketing strategy will be. What right does some pathetic journalist who writes shit just to get a bit notice in the american media know about the band and their plans? Now when the album comes out and they want to slate it (which I doubt they will be able to anyway) then thats their fucking perogitive because they will actually be able to base it on something that is there to make comments on and discuss. At the moment they are just taking shots at things that a ten year old child may do, things like; Axl's hair or his plastic surgery. It's so fucking pathetic, if I had trained to be a journalist I sure as hell would want to write my articles on fact based subjects to get a good reputation, and not just make shit up to try and make a fast buck and look cool amoungst all the other sheep out there in the media world. These people are parasites! Me being just a nobody 30 year old from England sure as hell isnt going to have the power to make them stop writing this shit, but I just hope they feel pretty fucking stupid when this album comes out and Axl and the rest of the band show us what they are all about. I also hope that certain people who use this board who also jump on the negative bandwagon like these journalists can look at things in a postive light, and not go down the route that these fucking pricks who call themselves journalits have. You particular people are meant to be Guns N Roses fans come what may! So lets all stick together and wait for the album and then watch it all go mental, when it does come out. Meanwhile those journalists will be back writing about some grandma having her shopping stolen or a cat being stuck in a tree! Here's to the new album and to these wankers two minutes in the limelight being over! Mike

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 02:12:10 PM »

that is what makes them so strong.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 02:18:59 PM »

axl rose is technically and coldly proving the world that he, and only him, represents integrity.

the fact that people are writing hundreds of articles about how ridiculous he is, shows only one thing : axl wins.

he has been doing what he wants for 10 years now.
and that blows any criticism you could ever write about his botoxed face.

you see. that's pretty much like the sex pistols.
you cannot attack the sex pistols.
you cannot say anything about the sex pistols. they do what they want, because what they do is doing what they want.
and axl rose is there, safe, just like the pistols were.

that is how high axl is now. he is above any criticism. it's an interesting state. that everybody should reach. being above criticism.

a few people here should learn from it.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 02:23:56 PM »

He's not there yet, but if he continues this act and release a great album he would no doubt reach it. Axl may be the only artist that in theory could take GN'R one step further. I wouldn't be surprised to see him touring when he's 50 and mostly playing new songs. If he releases 3 good albums the old band will be forgotten. Not in the sense that they never existed, but in the sense that nobody will bring them up anymore. Axl is doing his own thing, and he's doing it good.

At least that's what I hope.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Edward Rose
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 02:27:24 PM »

axl rose is technically and coldly proving the world that he, and only him, represents integrity.

the fact that people are writing hundreds of articles about how ridiculous he is, shows only one thing : axl wins.

you cannot say anything about the sex pistols. they do what they want, because what they do is doing what they want.

that is how high axl is now. he is above any criticism. it's an interesting state. that everybody should reach. being above criticism.

I like to think that most people reading the b.s. recognize this. And all it does is remind people that Guns is out there kicking ass.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 02:35:22 PM »

Tremendous post, amazing man, and you're SO right  ok

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 02:58:50 PM »

He's not there yet, but if he continues this act and release a great album he would no doubt reach it. Axl may be the only artist that in theory could take GN'R one step further. I wouldn't be surprised to see him touring when he's 50 and mostly playing new songs. If he releases 3 good albums the old band will be forgotten. Not in the sense that they never existed, but in the sense that nobody will bring them up anymore.

like the beatles early days and the latter beatles. Or the yardbirds and zep.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 03:09:36 PM »

dude the sex pistols were a formulated commercial gimmick. they did what they were told my malcom and made a fucking fortune pretending to not want to make a fortune.

the sex pistols had no musical integrity, vicious was a hack he couldn't play bass and was hired only for his image.

they are the exact opposite of what they were advertised as standing for.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 03:38:26 PM »

It's more like once every couple of years at the earliest in my area.. of course, GnR aren't coming to Phoenix, so I'm thankful I saw them in California..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 03:38:48 PM »

dude the sex pistols were a formulated commercial gimmick. they did what they were told my malcom and made a fucking fortune pretending to not want to make a fortune.

the sex pistols had no musical integrity, vicious was a hack he couldn't play bass and was hired only for his image.

Get your facts straight.

Everybody made money out of The Sex Pistols. Everybody except the guys in the band that is...
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 03:44:22 PM »

As a journalist you should not have a bias.

Thats one thing that is being taught to us in my journalism program...

HOWEVER....

If its an opinion piece obviously you can have a bias, and you have to also take in to account the paper that you are working for swing on issues. Some papers are conservative while some are more liberal.

In the end you shouldn't write an article based on bullshit.

However to say Axl Rose still hasnt released an album that has been the talk of since 1999 would not be a pot shot.

Anyhow difference between opinion based articles and well reporting on something.

You can't really report on Guns besides they have a tour blah blah, anyhow soft news sucks.

Fuck All Y'all
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 03:51:57 PM »

Being a GNR fan is a little like being in an abusive relationship.  They keep doing things to drive you away: riots, show cancellations, albums that never arrive.  You know you should leave.  But you can't.  Because the sex is SOOO fuckin' good hihi

In other words, it ain't eay being a GNR fan.  But when it hits the highs, there's not a better band in the world, and I'm willing to take the beatings that come with it.  If you don't think it's worth it to commit yourself to something like this, if you just can't take the pain of waiting and occasional disappointment, then you need to distance yourself as a fan.  If your love of GNR drives you to hate them because of the wait, then you should realize your life would be better were you not constantly on message boards talking about GNR.  It's just fuel on a fire, my friends.  I'm here because I'm anxious, and I think we're close to getting the new album.  The negativity doesn't help anything.  If you can't stand it, then act like a hardcore fan anymore.  Ignore HTGTH and all other GNR forums and, when the album drops, be pleasantly surprised!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 03:56:33 PM »

Get your facts straight.

Everybody made money out of The Sex Pistols. Everybody except the guys in the band that is...

Is that how Johnny Rotten's now living in a multi-million pound mansion?  By not making any money?  Alan's right... it's you who should get your facts straight.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 04:03:01 PM »

Get your facts straight.

Is that how Johnny Rotten's now living in a multi-million pound mansion?? By not making any money?? Alan's right... it's you who should get your facts straight.

Johnny Rotten made his money after the Sex Pistols. Mainly through Pil, who were a very popular band.

What I said about the guys in the Pistols not making any money at the time - I was paraphrasing Johnny Rotten himself. My facts are straight.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 04:03:16 PM »

As a journalist you should not have a bias.

Thats one thing that is being taught to us in my journalism program...
This is more like a urban legend and I'm saying this because I am a journalist myself. It's virtually impossible to not be biased. This is a fact. The problem here is more when a "journalist" (I'm not sure if I can really call like this) lie.

In the end you shouldn't write an article based on bullshit.
Yeah, agreed.

You can't really report on Guns besides they have a tour blah blah, anyhow soft news sucks.
Well, that's the point. When the band speak, is barely "news". When something bad happens... Well, you got the point.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 04:06:39 PM »

THAT is exactly why you cannot touch the sex pistols.
because no matter what you say, they say fuck you.
you see, it's so far in the irony and the ridiculous, that it blows your mind and is free at the end.

no matter what they do, and how ridiculous they are, and how you can "obejctively" destroy them and argue agains their integrity, in the end, they win, cause they don't care and they're the sex pistols.
it's a cycle.
just like punk. punk is what ever you want. and fake punks, punk posers, are so punk yuo cannot even undertstand it.

and the more we try to prove the sex pistols didnt have integrity, the more they have it.

same with axl.
you cannot touch him.
why ?
cause he does not care. and these past 10 years have proven that.
i'm sick of waiting, it's annoying.
he is an asshole sometimes

but in the end, he did what he wanted to. and that's cool Smiley

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 04:11:19 PM »

Negativity and the critics are always more vocal than supporters and positive events.  For every "Boo hoo, poor me" on here, there are many more who are still in love with this band, the music, and the idea of getting this album in the near future.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 04:19:18 PM »

I mean if you post b.s. news I believe that is what we call yellow news?

correct me if i am wrong.

Fuck All Y'all
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »

Occasionally you do get a reviewer who knows nothing about music, but just because we love Guns N' Roses shows and then someone else thinks it sucks, that doesnt mean they are retarted. It just means they dont really like what we like. I can see from someone else's stand point not liking the shows. The solos are long, and axl is using the guns name with only the keyboard player left. Although I like the solos and I got into the new guns before the old gunners.

It's not sad though. We are enjoying a great tour from the greatest band ever. Let the critics say what they want, people that can understand a good show and give the band a chance will write a good review. Some asshole that needs to be in bed by midnight and is "Out ta get" the new band will not enjoy the show. These shows are great and its a good preview of chinese democracy. By the way the EODM stuff was funny.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »

Get your facts straight.

Is that how Johnny Rotten's now living in a multi-million pound mansion?  By not making any money?  Alan's right... it's you who should get your facts straight.

Johnny Rotten made his money after the Sex Pistols. Mainly through Pil, who were a very popular band.

What I said about the guys in the Pistols not making any money at the time - I was paraphrasing Johnny Rotten himself. My facts are straight.

i'll quote him directly

Lydon later recalled: "The first rehearsals with Sid were hellish. Everyone agreed he had the look. Sid tried real hard... but boy, he couldn't play guitar."

that just proves they weren't about the music, they were about image and had no integrity, just like all the manufactured shit today.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: