Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 08:05:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Killers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Killers  (Read 29176 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2006, 06:12:27 PM »

Personally, I really like it.  Does anyone know where I can purchase the MP3?  All I can find is audio streams right now, and I want it on my ipod...
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2006, 06:55:12 PM »

Ha I like it too....you can download it off soulseek......but yeah it's getting a bad rap already.  But that's just people who bought the first album to be cool and now have gone on to like cooler emo music like Fall Out Boy.  I think it's a decent tune.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2006, 07:26:43 PM »

Ha I like it too....you can download it off soulseek......but yeah it's getting a bad rap already.? But that's just people who bought the first album to be cool and now have gone on to like cooler emo music like Fall Out Boy.? I think it's a decent tune.

Never heard of soulseek.  Thanks, I'll check it out...
Gordi
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2006, 08:56:40 AM »

Oh i think it's brilliant. I've always liked that band. When's that new album of their's out? September?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2006, 10:25:49 AM »

October.  "Sam's Town," isn't that the title?
Mom
Headliner

Well ya know something Gene...

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2006, 10:58:45 PM »

I've heard lots of people bash it, but i dig it. 70's Springsteen w/ synths.

11/10/06!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2006, 07:58:20 AM »

I loved Mr. Brightside, All These Things I've Done and Smile Like You Mean It. But why are they releasing a new album so fast?? Wasn't the previous one released like last year?

I'm not complaining or anything, maybe I'm not used to fast releases with the other bands I like lol.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2006, 01:08:04 PM »

I loved Mr. Brightside, All These Things I've Done and Smile Like You Mean It. But why are they releasing a new album so fast?? Wasn't the previous one released like last year?

I'm not complaining or anything, maybe I'm not used to fast releases with the other bands I like lol.

"Hot Fuss" was out in 2004.  I think they wrote most of the new album while touring, and were ready to move in some different directions.   Given how different the first single sounds - and I  mean that in a good way - I'm glad they're getting new material out so soon...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2006, 01:49:02 PM »

yeah i loved mr brightside too.. their last record was released in 2004 ok
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2006, 04:23:33 AM »

I didn't know it was released in 2004, only heard about them last year! Thanks for the heads up.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2006, 03:38:37 PM »

I've heard lots of people bash it, but i dig it. 70's Springsteen w/ synths.

Yeah, that was my first impression of it, as well.  I really like it.  You can almost hear the xylophone in it, a la Born to Run.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2006, 04:08:21 PM »

The Killers will always be fast releasing new albums, unless something strange happens

It's just the way they work
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2006, 09:29:01 PM »

The Killers will always be fast releasing new albums, unless something strange happens

It's just the way they work

I suppose two years between albums is pretty fast, but they're far from alone in that respect.  Many bands can or try to follow up a hit album rather quickly, but it's typically more of the same, and usually a bit worse.

What I think *is* rare is to show change like they have on "Young."  Personally, I will be surprised if they're creative, prolific, and ambitious enough to keep new material coming out at such a pace that actually builds upon previous efforts, rather than simlply mimicing past success.  Here's hoping, though.   Looking forward to "Sam's Town..."
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2006, 11:50:44 PM »

I heard the new single too.. and I really like it. I was a fan of their first album, I still think Mr. Brightside is a great song

for those who said it sounds like Springsteen.. well, it's supposed to sound like it cuz Brandon inspired a lot from him for this new album, cuz some time between the end of their tour last year and the recording of the album he became a huge fan of the boss hehe hihi

someone that listened to their album in a listening party said the best song is Read My Mind which also happens to be one of Brandon's favorites, so look out for it when the album hits the stores in October

one last thing, The Killers are scheduled to be performing at the VMAs this year (they were at the VMAs last year also), so look out for that as well ok they will play their new single, When You Were Young and the video for it should be in rotation at MTV for around that time too.. they filmed it in Mexico

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2006, 07:46:09 PM »

I think it's great to see all the positive comments for the Killers.  They seem to get a lot of shit from the "diehard" rock n rollers who think they're crap, but I think they do actually put decent music out.  Hot Fuss was my favorite album of 2004 and a good part of 2005.  I'm 25 and into more harder stuff, but I really like the album.  I also like the b-sides and stuff that weren't released like "Under The Gun" and their cover of Morrissey's "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself" which I think is better than the original.  The new album should be great and so far I'm very pleased with it.  Maybe they'll shed some of those teeny bopper fans who support the band because "BRANDON IZ KEWL AND CUTE" and such like that.  I think the Killers will be around for a while thank god.  Probably the best new band out there if you ask me.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2006, 11:35:21 AM »

Does anyone have a good quality mp3 of this song? The one I downloaded from Soulseek is pretty bad.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2006, 02:21:57 PM »

I have a good mp3 of WYWY but I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here? Huh

I agree that The Killers seem to separate themselves from all the other crappy bands out there today... and I hope they keep on doing good music and get to be around for a long time, I think they can do it, definitely

I also like their cover of Morrisey's song and the cover they did live of Moonage Daydream by Bowie is pretty good too ok

TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2006, 06:59:41 PM »

They have a perfect quality version you can listen to at myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/thekillers 

I love this band   peace    Reminds me of austin, texas.... long story.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2006, 10:32:18 PM »

Thanks! Didn't realize they had a myspace.  Embarrassed
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2006, 02:06:29 AM »

anyone know if they have a dvd out anywhere?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: