Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:53:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Killers
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Killers  (Read 29391 times)
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2006, 02:57:05 AM »

Thanks for the download, i hadn't been able to hear the entire thing yet, but wow, great song!  better the best on the last album, i think.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2006, 09:30:23 AM »

I agree...it *is* a  great song, and it's gotten me rather anxious to buy the album next month.  I thought the first album was strong, but only really liked about half the songs - I'm still surprised that "Jenny was a friend of mine," the first track, never was a single.  After their VMA performance - the only one worth watching, I thought - I'm looking forward to the album and tour.  Funny, as they're a band I never imagined myself liking based on their first "hit..."
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2006, 10:06:56 AM »

Yeah same here......when they first came out to radio with "Somebody Told Me".......I wasn't into it.? I still to this day don't like that song, but when I heard "Smile Like You Mean It" from a friend's ipod then I totally fell in love.? "Mr. Brightside" came out and was great too....I also like "Change Your Mind".? Great stuff and the new album is going to be one of the highlights of the year as with Dylan's new album and hopefully that one band that's supposed to put out an album this year? yes who's name is currently perplexing me.

PS FUCK YEAH........Big props to Brandon Flowers for sporting the mustache.  It makes us people trying to bring the stache back look good.  God bless us all and Mike Ditka.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 01:10:38 PM by bill213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2006, 04:33:18 PM »

I think "When You Were Young" is a pretty cool song, but I don't think it quite lives up to the greatness of the first 5 tracks on Hot Fuss (particularly "Somebody Told Me," "Mr. Brightside," and "All These Things That I've Done." I completely agree with y'all that The Killers (along with Axl and OK Go) was the only thing worth seeing from the VMA's this year. 
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2006, 02:52:21 PM »

not really Gn'R related, although i just thought i would mention that The Killers are on Friday Night with
Jonathan Ross (tonight). Knowing that Jonathan likes to be down to earth with guests, him just might pop the question, what was it like meeting Mr Rose, and may hint at Axl appearing on the show at some point. Then again, Axl might not get a mention  peace

Friday Night with Jonathan Ross
A mix of music and celebrity chat with Jonathan Ross. Guests include Ricky Gervais, Julie Walters and Pete and Nikki from Big Brother, with music from The Killers.

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=13&broadcastType=1&searchDate=08/09/2006&searchTime=21:30&jspGridLocation=/jsp/tv_listings_grid.jsp&jspListLocation=/jsp/tv_listings_single.jsp&jspError=/jsp/error.jsp&listingsFormat=G
Steel_Angel
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2006, 02:56:44 PM »

I dont think axl will show up.. and the killers arent so great. maybe this should be in the.. off topic section  Tongue
Origen
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2006, 02:56:52 PM »

Why not just post it here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=9.0
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2006, 02:56:57 PM »

not really Gn'R related, although i just thought i would mention that The Killers are on Friday Night with
Jonathan Ross (tonight). Knowing that Jonathan likes to be down to earth with guests, him just might pop the question, what was it like meeting Mr Rose, and may hint at Axl appearing on the show at some point. Then again, Axl might not get a mention? peace

Friday Night with Jonathan Ross
A mix of music and celebrity chat with Jonathan Ross. Guests include Ricky Gervais, Julie Walters and Pete and Nikki from Big Brother, with music from The Killers.

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=13&broadcastType=1&searchDate=08/09/2006&searchTime=21:30&jspGridLocation=/jsp/tv_listings_grid.jsp&jspListLocation=/jsp/tv_listings_single.jsp&jspError=/jsp/error.jsp&listingsFormat=G

Axl will not get a mention nor is there any chance of him appearing. Why would you post this here?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Steel_Angel
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2006, 02:57:33 PM »

beat me to it.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2006, 05:04:37 PM »

Don't like The Killers, just like I can't stand the recent wave of shit indie bands from the UK  Undecided

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2006, 06:33:06 PM »

I dont get why you would waste your time posting about how you hate a band in a thread.

Wow you don't like them good for you, now stop posting.

Its really fucking ridiculous that some people would waste time posting about a band they don't know two shits about.

For the record they are from Laz Vegas, Nevada USA not the U.K.

Fuck All Y'all
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2006, 07:18:54 PM »

At the VMA's what was the song Brandon played a little bit of at the piano before they launched into "When You Were Young"? I loved the melody it was so catchy any Killer fans here help me out. I am assuming its on their new record
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2006, 07:23:34 PM »

Haha ok got a pm its called Enterlude and its a greta song everyone should check the new record out
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2006, 07:45:22 AM »

Haha ok got a pm its called Enterlude and its a greta song everyone should check the new record out

Yeah the new album is great it came early today from Play.com. Surley illegal but hey. The enterlude is before when you were young but its a bit shorter than what he played live.

As far as the album goes. It sounds good. I think its more of a grower than Hot Fuss but sound like Springsteen to me and sound alot more mature music.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2006, 10:10:07 PM »

when is it released?
Bono
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2006, 10:17:23 PM »

when is it released?

I think it came out on Tuesday. I'm gonna go and see if I can buy it tomorrow.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2006, 11:00:51 PM »

it comes out this tuesday, october 3rd.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2006, 11:10:05 PM »

who to believe? must be the 3rd, i know its October.

I'll probably go out to buy some CDs tommorow, i'd get it if its out, but i'm after a good Skid Row CD
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2006, 12:18:27 AM »

Yeah, it comes out on Tues, Oct 3rd. Best Buy has 2 bonus tracks if you buy it there.  peace
Bono
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2006, 12:34:34 AM »

Nice!! I knew it was in October but for some reason today I thought it was already out. Oh yeah because in the Top 3 albums of the year thread someone included it on thier list Huh I'm buying it on Tuesday. headbanger
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: