Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 01:04:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Anthrax
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anthrax  (Read 17606 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 01:55:19 AM »

Unless they should get John Bush back, I don't think I'll be tooo interested.

I think Corey should stick with Slipknot and Stone Sour.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2007, 01:56:28 PM »

ANTHRAX has abandoned plans to utilize the services of SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor on its next album due to scheduling conflicts with Taylor's other projects. ANTHRAX is said to be currently looking for a new singer to join the fold, although this has not yet been officially confirmed by the band or its management.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2007, 04:36:38 PM »

I'm not a fan of Corey Taylor anyway. I always liked John Bush but I was really looking forward to hearing new songs with Joey Belladonna. It's a real shame that didn't come to fruition.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2007, 05:17:09 PM »

It's a madhouse!!!!

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2007, 08:09:44 PM »

Fuck getting another new singer, they should get back the real deal - John Bush!

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2007, 08:20:09 PM »

Fuck getting another new singer, they should get back the real deal - John Bush!

They already tried Bush doesn't want to get back with them. Can't really blame him, I love charlie, scott, and frank but out of nowhere after all that time together to go and do the tour with joey was pretty cold.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
otgm
Opening Act

Personal text

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2009, 02:22:57 PM »

They already tried Bush doesn't want to get back with them. Can't really blame him, I love charlie, scott, and frank but out of nowhere after all that time together to go and do the tour with joey was pretty cold.

Yeah but I saw Anthrax here in Finland in 2006 with Joey and man did they rock! The best show I've ever attended, it was crazy from beginning to end. I don't care much for John Bush era Anthrax, though.

BTW, cool Bad Religion quote on your signature. You seem like a guy who likes good music   ok
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 02:25:26 PM by otgm » Logged

Been hidin' out and layin' low
It's nuthin' new ta me
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2010, 01:31:51 PM »

Announced today that Joey will rejoin the band at the upcoming shows this summer

can you guys reccommend 10 songs for me to check out? I got tickets for Sonisphere Sweden and I've only heard "in my world", "got the time" & "caught in a mosh"
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2010, 05:40:14 AM »

With Joey back in, I'm officially done with this band.

Joey's vocals are shite and I was only a fan of the John Bush era, and John is the better frontman anyway.
This decision is obviously because Joey is a last resort because John wasn't into it.

I wish them the best, but it didn't work out with Joey after their last reunion tour, and I don't see this lasting either.
And after they pretty much recently admitted that the 2005 reunion was only for money, and now they're back with him, they've lost me as a fan.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2010, 05:45:41 AM »

Announced today that Joey will rejoin the band at the upcoming shows this summer

can you guys reccommend 10 songs for me to check out? I got tickets for Sonisphere Sweden and I've only heard "in my world", "got the time" & "caught in a mosh"

Here's my pick from the Joey-era, which John Bush re-recorded with the band on this album - http://www.amazon.com/Greater-Two-Evils-Anthrax/dp/B00068CVLW

Deathrider
Metal Thrashing Mad
Caught In A Mosh
A.I.R
Among The Living
Keep It In The Family
Indians
Madhouse
Panic
I Am The Law
Belly Of The Beast
N.F.L.
Be All, End All

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2010, 02:34:37 PM »

Anthrax: 'New Album Is Going To Be A Combination Of Things'

Thrash metal titans Anthrax recently announced the return of vocalist Joey Belladonna, who sang on Anthrax?s breakthrough albums, such as 1985?s Spreading The Disease and 1990?s Persistence Of Time to the band?s fold. This marks the third time Belladonna has fronted the thrash-metal band during its 25 plus year run, having previously been replaced by Dan Nelson and John Bush.

For founding Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian, a new found sense of optimism has engulfed the band. So much so that the band plan to return to the road soon for a summer tour with the Big Four, and also return to the studio to re-track the album the band recorded with their former vocalist which they now hope to have out in 2011. While the band was in rehearsals for their upcoming tour, Joe Matera spoke to Scott Ian about all the latest happenings in his world and that of Anthrax.

UG: The big news for fans is the return of Joey Belladonna to the group. How does it feel to have Joey back?

Scott Ian: It feels great to have Joey back. It was something we started talking about initially when we heard about the possibility of these Big Four shows [tour with Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax] that was the catalyst for the whole thing. It is just really nice that for the first time in awhile in the world of Anthrax, something that we really wanted to happen, actually worked out positively for us.

It is true that the turmoil the group has been through in the past couple of years with the departure of Dan Nelson amongst other things, brought the group close to breaking up?

Well probably yes it was. If it wasn?t for the fact that last summer John [Bush] did step in after Dan had quit, and the fact that John came back and did the Sonicsphere shows with us, and did Japan and Australia with us too, he kind of stepped into a situation where we were really stuck. But for him it wasn?t a case of something that he was going to continue with, as it is not where he is in his life at the moment. During that time as well, that was when the Big Four thing went from being a rumor to a reality and that was when the first discussions between the band were like, ?maybe we should do this with Joey? because he was the guy that just seemed to make more sense you know.

"It is just really nice that for the first time in awhile in the world of Anthrax, something that we really wanted to happen, actually worked out positively for us."

What is the status with Worship Music the album you recorded with former vocalist Dan Nelson, are you planning to re-record it with Joey on vocals?

It is going to be a combination of things. The one thing I can say and the only positive about having this record basically shelved, was being able to live with it for over a year now. We have got the luxury of hindsight whereas the normal situation would be we?d just finish the record and put it out and go on tour for a year. But now that we?ve lived with the record and played the songs, we?re able to say, ?maybe this could have been different? or ?this could have been better?. So we?ve been living with this record for a year and it hasn?t come out and we?ve been able to look back on it and say, ?here?s the shit we really love? and ?here?s the stuff that could be better?. So there are five or six songs that I think Joey will sing on and of course his voice is different and his approach is going to be different too so that is going to change things or enable us to change things. And then there are a couple songs that we think need to be rearranged and reworked a little bit. We like parts of them but not the whole song and then there are also ideas for three or four new things on top of all that. So it is a combination of all of those things. It is going to be a lot of work but at the end of the day, this record is only going to be better at the end of it.

Continue here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/anthrax_new_album_is_going_to_be_a_combination_of_things.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2010, 01:09:10 PM »

From Scott Ian:

Posted: October 3

Carnage tour shaking up Montage

?They are both such integral parts of this band,? Ian says of his past and present singers. ?But, at this point, it doesn?t matter to me if it?s Joey or John. I?ve been doing this for so long that it just feels like Anthrax to me. The whole is greater than the individual parts.?

In a recent interview with a U.K. rock magazine, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich hinted at American gigs.

?It?s super exciting to hear Lars talking publicly about it. They?re the ones who will make it happen. They?re the ones who made it happen the first time around,? Ian says. ?The irony is that the four big U.S bands of thrash metal haven?t played a U.S. date yet. But we spent a lot of time together in Europe this summer, all four bands hanging out, and everybody is on the same page. Everybody wants to do more.?

http://www.timesleader.com/entertainment/Carnage_tour_shaking_up_Montage_10-03-2010.html

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2011, 11:56:55 AM »

'Big 4' metal bands Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax to perform April 23 in Indio
Empire Polo Club will be only U.S. stop for groups, Goldenvoice promoter says

Four of the world?s top heavy metal bands are tentatively scheduled to perform April 23 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio ? during the one dark Saturday between the Coachella and Stagecoach festivals, it was announced today.

The Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice company told The Desert Sun in an exclusive interview it won a bid last weekend to present the only United States concert by the lineup of Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax.

The concert promoters are scheduled to present a proposal to the Indio City Council at 5 p.m today for permission to stage the concert from around 4 to 11 p.m. Indio Mayor Lupe Ramos Watson said Monday she plans to attend the show if the council approves a permit.

?I grew up in the time of Metallica,? she said. ?It?s an enjoyable experience.?

The tickets would be $99 plus fees and go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday through Ticketmaster outlets.

Digitaldreamdoor.com ranks Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax as the four best thrash or speed metal bands, as distinguished from the broader genre of heavy metal bands such as Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. The foursome have been touring Europe as The Big 4 and were widely expected to perform a tour of the United States.

But Goldenvoice promoter Paul Tollett said this will be their only U.S. concert. He categorized winning the bid over other concert promoters as ?winning the lottery.?

Tollett was forced to move Stagecoach: California?s Country Music Festival back to April 30-May 1 because it would have ended on Easter Sunday if it had maintained its tradition of following the April 15-17 Coachella Music and Arts Festival at the polo field. It might have cost Goldenvoice millions of dollars to keep equipment rentals and security on the Empire Polo Club for three weeks, but now there will only have to be minor adjustments to sandwich a third major concert between the two festivals.

There won?t be camping and there probably will be fewer concertgoers for The Big 4.

Tollett refused to speculate how many people the metal bands might attract, but Metallica drew 50,000 people for its 2003 concert at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum with Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. Goldenvoice plans to run a shuttle service from four or five locations around Southern California to the polo club. It also will run shuttles to and from major hotels in the east valley.

Last year?s Coachella festival drew 225,000 people over three days, and Stagecoach attracted more than 100,000 over two days.

The festival will give Coachella Valley hotels major tourism events for five consecutive weeks with the Dinah Shore Weekend starting the celebrations March 30-April 3. The White Party in Palm Springs is scheduled the next weekend.

Watson said she won?t know how neighbors of the Empire Polo Club will feel about three major concerts on three consecutive weekends until they?ve had a chance to be heard at today?s City Council meeting, but she said past festivals have created ?a very positive experience for everyone who lives in the area.?

?My personal feelings are that the events held at the polo fields are a big boost to the economy for the Coachella Valley as a whole, not just the city of Indio,? she said. ?If you collectively count all the festivals that are held at the polo grounds, we have over a million visitors to our Coachella Valley annually and that brings with it disposable cash that gets spent in our community (and) creates job opportunities for our residents in the Coachella Valley. So I see it as a very important part of this CV?s economy.?

LINK: http://www.mydesert.com/article/20110125/LIFESTYLES0101/110125003/Metallica-Megadeth-Slayer-Anthrax-perform-Indio?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »

Scott Ian has posted a short video of Anthrax in the studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzf0qAScnyQ

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2011, 04:46:35 PM »

anyone check out Scott Ian's other band The Damned Things?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2011, 05:00:37 PM »

anyone check out Scott Ian's other band The Damned Things?

He posted some footage of them as well.

The Damned Things at The Joint at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya-S2MJqzsk

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2011, 07:54:15 PM »

The Big 4
EXCLUSIVE Interview: Why Anthrax's Scott Ian Hates Coachella and Loves the Big 4

By Steve Appleford, Thu., Apr. 21 2011

Guitarist Scott Ian has been metal's No. 1 fan ever since his first whiff of Kiss back in the '70s. He's also been the one constant in every lineup of Anthrax, now one of the "Big 4" originators of thrash-metal set to land on the site of Coachella in Indio this Saturday.

While Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth have their roots in Southern California, it was Anthrax that represented the New York contingent of thrash. Now based in Los Angeles himself, Ian tells the LA Weekly in an exclusive interview why thrash outlasted hair-metal and why he's no fan of that other festival in the desert:

What are your expectations for the show?

There's going to be 50,000 kids there for one reason - to see the greatest metal show ever put together in the United States. Nobody is going to disappoint. I predict some of the physically biggest moshpits that have ever been seen will happen on April 23. Kids who aren't in such good shape are going to be in trouble. [Laughs]

This is taking place on the site of Coachella. Have you ever been to that festival?

I've never been, and I would never ever go. This is our own show. We just happened to be playing the same field that hosts that Silver Lake festival in the desert.

You have a problem with Coachella?

I'm just not a big fan of the too-cool-for-school indie world. Metal bands have never been invited or been able to be part of the cool kids, and I like it that way. I don't want to have anything to do with you, I don't like your music, I don't like your scene, I don't like your ironic mustaches, and I don't like your stupid hats. So go have your Coachella and take your drugs and see a bunch of shitty bands. Good for you.

What is thrash?
Thrash is smart. There's a lot of intelligence in the music, in the lyrics, in the business of all four bands. You got a bunch of smart dudes. Maybe we don't look like the smartest dudes in the world, but every one of these four bands has some really smart people in it - creatively, professionally. We all had a very strong vision.

There's going to be a lot of people in Indio. Is it still underground?
Metallica is like Coca-Cola. Strangely enough, obviously they are mainstream, but at the same time they're still a thrash-metal band. As big as Metallica are, they're still not like a pop act. As big as they are, they're still not U2 or Lady Gaga. It's still underground. It's still 50,000 people coming to a show for a fuckin' bunch of dudes playing really fast non-commercial music.

Why is it that three of the four original bands are from Southern California?

They had a lot to be pissed off at. We didn't have the hair metal thing going on in New York like they did here in L.A. in the '80s. We didn't have to fight against that to get gigs, where all the clubs would book were those lady bands. Not that there was a thrash scene in New York. There was nothing going on. But at least didn't have that against us at the time. Maybe three of the thrash bands formed here because there was more to hate.

There was no hair-metal in New York?
Not like out here. I don't like to call it "hair-metal" because there is nothing metal about it. It's not glam, because real glam to me was David Bowie and the New York Dolls. That stuff you had here in the '80s with guys dressing like ladies, I don't know what to call that. Maybe that's truly crossover - cross-dressing.

Are you surprised that it's thrash that turned out to be the big one from that era?

To be completely honest, yeah. Nobody gets into a band and thinks they're going to have a 30-year career. Every year goes by, and I can't believe it. But at the same time, all four of us always worked. Even at times when it went up and down like a rollercoaster, we were always a constant even if we weren't always massive. We really did just outlast everything. Therefore there will always be an audience for it. It so happens the audience is a lot bigger now.

What makes this the "classic" version of Anthrax? You've had some high points with different lineups.
It's the band that people discovered Anthrax on in general. Granted, we have a lot of new fans that didn't get into the band until the 90s or the 2000s, but they all go back and get the catalog. You just see it from playing the songs live. No matter who's ever been in this band, the biggest songs in this band's career are off of [1987's] Among the Living. That's the album. That defines what this band is about.

What was the Big 4 tour like last year in Europe?
It was like a huge hang. It was like summer camp. We loved being there and the fucking crowds were losing their minds over it. Metallica are where they are for many reasons. One of them is that they run an extremely well-oiled ship. It's like a military operation. When they do something, they do it right.

What did you like about Metallica musically when you first met them in 1983?

They were like Motorhead-times-10. It was the most intense thing. There was nothing more intense than Metallica at that time.

You witnessed some dramatic moments when the band was in New York for the first time to record an album.
Everything back then looks so pretty when I look back now. Other than the accident with Cliff [Burton], there's no outstanding negativity when I think about those days. When I was in it, it wasn't like we were just out raging, having fun and drinking beer and killing posers every day. We were working our asses off and working jobs and rehearsing every night. We were doing everything we could to try and make it, looking at it from every angle and every possibility.

You were there when Dave Mustaine was suddenly out.
Anthrax rehearsed and then I was up in their room hanging out and watching them jam and went home. I came back the next day, and Cliff was standing out front smoking a cigarette. I said, "Hey, what's up, Cliff?" He goes, "Oh, not much. We fired Dave today. He's on a Greyhound bus on his way back to California." I go, "Yeah, right."   I go upstairs, and I see Lars [Ulrich] and James [Hetfield], and they said "It's true, we sent Dave home." I'm like, "Holy shit! What are we gonna do? We have gigs in two weeks!" We were playing some shows together, and they're, "We already have this guy Kirk from this band Exodus." Holy shit. Well, what happened? And they're, "Well, we woke him up before he could realize what was going on and we put him on a bus." It felt like their whole plan was to get him out of there before he realized what was going on. He would have been out of it and hung over.

When did you see Mustaine again?
It was our first tour of the states and we were playing the County Cub in Reseda in the summer of '84, and Mustaine and [David] Ellefson both came to the shows. Dave had demos for the Killing is My Business record and he was so excited to play them for me. We hadn't seen each other since he was fired from Metallica in late '83, so it was super-exciting to see him.
I remember sitting in somebody's car in the parking lot of the Country Club, and he was playing me the demos off that record, and I was blown away. He gets fired from this band, and Metallica weren't huge by any means in the summer of '84, but they were certainly off and running. And he had to start over again, and you could tell right away that he wasn't going to have any problem starting over again. He had already written a killer record.

How as doing "Am I Evil?" with the bands onstage together in Sofia, Bulgaria?

I'm still there. I never left. It really was a magical moment. It was a really amazingly intense, wonderful, fun, beautiful, heavy, crazy moment and culmination of all 30 years of work. It was really mindblowing to look to my left and see Dave [Mustaine], and look to my right and see James. I couldn't even feel my hands.

Will there be anything like that this time?
I hope so. Nobody has said anything yet. I've heard rumors.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/04/anthrax_guitarist_hates_coache.php

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2011, 03:16:02 PM »

ANTHRAX: 'Worship Music' Details Revealed - June 7, 2011

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159101

@scott_ian Charlie played us some new tunes at GW today. Heavy as fuck!! Album art is sick too...at least what I could see on the iPod...

19 hours ago via web

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 04:06:02 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159101

@scott_ian Charlie played us some new tunes at GW today. Heavy as fuck!! Album art is sick too...at least what I could see on the iPod...

19 hours ago via web

Who tweeted that?

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2011, 05:20:10 PM »

19 hours ago via web

Who tweeted that?

Ali

Sorry, Josh Hart, writer for Guitar World.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: