Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 03:45:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Catcher In The Rye" - Discussions
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Catcher In The Rye" - Discussions  (Read 154120 times)
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1280 on: February 27, 2007, 06:32:08 PM »

I find these lines tie it too Lennon as well

On an ordinary day, not in an ordinary way
All at once the song I heard, no longer would it play
For anybody, or anyone

I love this song...I hope to hell it is on the album. It is a classic already. I dig the Lennon/Queen 70's feel to it.

See, I guess I took those lines to mean that out of no where he decided to remove himself from the public eye, hording the music he created and not playing it for anyone.? Like Salinger whose house is supposedly filled with giant safes that in turn are filled with manuscripts, screenplays, novels etc... That he wants no one to read until he dies.? His daughter even said they have notes on them like "this can be changed" or "publish as is" etc...

I totally get the Lennon message too, and i might be clouded as I have always thought there was a lot in common between axl and salinger.

yeah, there could be at least four perspectives that morph into each other: axl, holden/salinger, lennon, chapman.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #1281 on: February 28, 2007, 11:51:37 AM »

For anybody, or anyone

I love this song...I hope to hell it is on the album. It is a classic already. I dig the Lennon/Queen 70's feel to it.

See, I guess I took those lines to mean that out of no where he decided to remove himself from the public eye, hording the music he created and not playing it for anyone.? Like Salinger whose house is supposedly filled with giant safes that in turn are filled with manuscripts, screenplays, novels etc... That he wants no one to read until he dies.? His daughter even said they have notes on them like "this can be changed" or "publish as is" etc...

I totally get the Lennon message too, and i might be clouded as I have always thought there was a lot in common between axl and salinger.

yeah, there could be at least four perspectives that morph into each other: axl, holden/salinger, lennon, chapman.

Very cool posts guy's... this is what makes this song so awsome and to me (I love the others too) makes this one so interesting.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1282 on: February 28, 2007, 12:25:44 PM »

For anybody, or anyone

Very cool posts guy's... this is what makes this song so awsome and to me (I love the others too) makes this one so interesting.

nice you appreciate our posts; and citr is really interesting, as you have stated... it's the real thing.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1283 on: February 28, 2007, 12:46:55 PM »

CITR is great, but is it about Axl's court date with his girlfriend or John Lennon.  It's either Oklahoma or CITR that Axl wrote the song after his court hearing...not sure which one, but CITR is great.  Not as good as the other leaks, but very nice.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1284 on: February 28, 2007, 12:47:40 PM »

I love this song and also hope it's on the album!!  ok
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1285 on: February 28, 2007, 02:08:38 PM »

CITR is great, but is it about Axl's court date with his girlfriend or John Lennon.  It's either Oklahoma or CITR that Axl wrote the song after his court hearing...not sure which one, but CITR is great.  Not as good as the other leaks, but very nice.
That was Oklahoma.

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1286 on: February 28, 2007, 02:15:58 PM »

I'm really not gettin CITR....I've tried but i'm not feelin the vibe.  no
ForeverGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1287 on: February 28, 2007, 02:23:44 PM »

I got one for this song:

drool drool drool drool drool drool

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #1288 on: February 28, 2007, 03:18:33 PM »

catcher in the rye is my favorite gn'r song
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1289 on: February 28, 2007, 07:50:38 PM »

Best new-gn'r song in my opinion... Brian May confirmed that he played on this tune a while ago in his web page... a lot of classic rock Queen-Beatles inluenced... it sounds a lot like John Lennon's "Jealous Guy"... I think Axl said that this song is dedicated to Lennon... "Catcher In The Rye" was the book that Chapman was readin' while he shooted Lennon...
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #1290 on: March 02, 2007, 09:34:15 AM »

Best new-gn'r song in my opinion... Brian May confirmed that he played on this tune a while ago in his web page... a lot of classic rock Queen-Beatles inluenced... it sounds a lot like John Lennon's "Jealous Guy"... I think Axl said that this song is dedicated to Lennon... "Catcher In The Rye" was the book that Chapman was readin' while he shooted Lennon...
But wasn?t Chapman suppossed to kill Lennon because he wasn?t liked by the government, because he was considerd a bad and dangerous influence because of his ideas?. With this you make it look like this Chapman dude was a disturbed fan. Ups, I?ve gone off topic,sorry.

On topic,of all the new songs this is the one I like most, it?s this kind of songs you like since the first time you hear them love. I love it.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1291 on: March 02, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »

But wasn?t Chapman suppossed to kill Lennon because he wasn?t liked by the government, because he was considerd a bad and dangerous influence because of his ideas?. With this you make it look like this Chapman dude was a disturbed fan. Ups, I?ve gone off topic,sorry.

You're right man... I just mentioned how the Salinger's book CITR was related to Lennon's death... n' yes Chapman was really disturbed  hihi anyway,,, that's off topic
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1292 on: March 04, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »

chapman did'nt kill lennon because the government did'nt like him-  he killed him because the gargoyles outside lennons hotel told him too-  eventho the little people in his head told him not to do it,  but he felt he had too cause lennon was such a 'phony'....    NUTBALL!!

anyways i hope this song is included in the movie about the shooting,  it would almost be wrong if it was'nt  - is there a way to pettition the studio to persue the song rights?
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #1293 on: March 04, 2007, 11:52:03 PM »

no idea Undecided

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1294 on: March 07, 2007, 09:59:31 AM »

Im really digging this song..it has grown on me a lot over the past month or so

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #1295 on: March 07, 2007, 11:45:29 AM »

I've loved it since the first listen Smiley

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1296 on: March 07, 2007, 11:59:55 AM »

I've loved it since the first listen Smiley
same here Smiley

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1297 on: March 07, 2007, 02:25:19 PM »

by far the best ive heard from the new material  peace ok

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #1298 on: March 07, 2007, 02:32:47 PM »

chapman did'nt kill lennon because the government did'nt like him-? he killed him because the gargoyles outside lennons hotel told him too-? eventho the little people in his head told him not to do it,? but he felt he had too cause lennon was such a 'phony'....? ? NUTBALL!!

anyways i hope this song is included in the movie about the shooting,? it would almost be wrong if it was'nt? - is there a way to pettition the studio to persue the song rights?

Yeah CITR for 1st single on the movie soundtrack!!! Tho I've no idea when the film's out. Or a single. Or the album  hihi

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #1299 on: March 07, 2007, 11:55:20 PM »

Axl's voice is very unique in this song. probably my least favorite of the new songs, but its still good.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: