Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:07:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 17th Gibson Amphitheatre (Updates, Discussion etc...)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 17th Gibson Amphitheatre (Updates, Discussion etc...)  (Read 52234 times)
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2006, 10:20:59 AM »

Izzy solo! Yes! Would sure like to hear that!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2006, 10:22:55 AM »

I heard "Think About You" on the radio over the weekend and thought to myself, "it's been awhile since they played that song."  At least the summer I wanna say.  Low and behold, it returns.  It is an Izzy song, so it makes sense.  Nice to see it return.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2006, 10:41:05 AM »

How big was this ampitheater?  How many does it seat? 
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2006, 11:28:58 AM »

and what exactly did axl say about people being negative?

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2006, 11:39:49 AM »

ok, maybe my angle of ron was not the best....forget what i said, i appologize......don't worry about him......he did play perfectly all his stuff.....and he was FINE in the mix this time..just as loud as the others.
of course, izzy didn't talk to me about silk worms.....you people crazy  Grin  Shocked
please, do not overanalyze sth that is not new info at all.....back in the summer a fan wrote a review where they talked about silk worms and what's happening with this song as given by the source itself.....i just got a confirmation of that...nothing new.....it won't be on CD, (no change there as of now) but we'll see it and it'll kick major ass....call me whatever, mock me, but.....i love the song - that's the only reason i even talk about it.
this venue is just friggin' awesome!! i wish every one of you can see a show there....any show.....the acoustics is great.
it was completely sold out : 6,200+
and I didn't see a single person leaving after nightrain....everyone seemed to stick to the end of paradise..

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2006, 11:43:24 AM »

and what exactly did axl say about people being negative?

he said sth like despite all the negativity, all the obstacles and difficulties, despite all the critisizm, he'll deliver the album and do it his way or sth......i don't remember the exact words any more, so forgive me if missing sth but that's what i thought he meant....and he sounded very very determined saying it.....

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2006, 11:44:39 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/18/AR2006121800133.html

Izzy Stradlin Joins Axl at Guns Show in L.A

By Dean Goodman
Reuters
Monday, December 18, 2006; 7:08 AM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose gave fans an early Christmas gift on Sunday, when he brought out former bandmate Izzy Stradlin for five songs during the rock group's concert in Los Angeles.

Stradlin, who quit Guns N' Roses in November 1991 and has lived a fairly reclusive existence ever since, looked like a Blues Brother, decked out in dark suit, fedora and shades. He played guitar and contributed harmonies to "Think About You," "Used to Love Her," "Patience" and "Nightrain," and returned for the final tune, "Paradise City."

Stradlin has made a handful of surprise appearances at Guns shows this year, beginning last May in New York, and continuing during the European swing over the summer. Until this year, he had not played with the band since 1993, when he briefly subbed for his injured replacement, Gilby Clarke.

The other former Gunners, guitarist Slash, bass player Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum (a 1990 replacement for the fired Steven Adler), left during the mid 1990s after giving up hope that the increasingly tyrannical Rose would ever record a follow-up to 1991's two-volume set "Use Your Illusion." In 2003, they started their own group, Velvet Revolver.

Stradlin saw the writing on the wall during sessions for "Use Your Illusions" when he became increasingly estranged from Rose, his old Indiana buddy. He wrote or co-wrote a dozen tracks, including "You Could Be Mine" and "Don't Cry," and got out just as the albums were released.

Sunday's concert at the Gibson Amphitheatre near Hollywood was the first of three at the venue. The final performance, on Wednesday, will also mark the end of a two-month North American tour for Rose and his largely unknown bandmates. Rose will then focus on getting the long-awaited "Chinese Democracy" album out in stores by his target date of March 6.

Reuters
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2006, 11:45:13 AM »

i hope he comes through...but what has happened in the past doesn't give me much hope....somebody needs to lock them all in the studio for a month or until they are done hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2006, 11:52:48 AM »

of course, izzy didn't talk to me about silk worms.....you people crazy  Grin  Shocked
please, do not overanalyze sth that is not new info at all.....back in the summer a fan wrote a review where they
I'm not overanalysing at all. just because of the way you wrote, I asked who said that. I remember dizzy talking to that effect but it's nevertheless good news that it hasn't changed.
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2006, 11:55:31 AM »

I was in the 2nd row on Ron's side last night.

Having been to Inland Invasion, this one was about 100x more well-received by the audience. They were actually on time for their standards! I know Del James says he doesn't believe in the word 'late', but I'm talking in terms of length between Bach's and GN'R's set. At Inland Invasion, there was a 100 minute wait between AIC and GN'R...last night it was 25 minutes between Bach and GN'R, and the audience seemed much more alive this time - even though Inland Invasion's set started at 11 and this show started at quarter to midnight. The pacing of this show I felt was much smoother. Ron's solo was cut probably to make room for Izzy's tunes.

They literally blew the roof off the place. At Inland Invasion, over half the crowd was gone by the encore. Last night, I saw no empty seats until the show was over.

Congrats to Axl and co. for a fantastic performance last night. I'll see them again on Wednesday. I could've gotten front row to Tuesday's show, but it's my second week at this new job and I think walking in like a zombie twice in one week will be more than enough.

Highlights for me: Jungle (that enterance never gets old, why would he ever open with anything else?), My Michelle, Used To Love Her...Better was solid and well-received. Actually, all the new tunes sounded a lot better than I remembered from last time.

Only complaint: Robin Finck should really think twice about coming out onstage with a top hat. I'm sorry, that's just not cool. Show would've been a 10/10, but I'll give it a 9.5/10 for that minor offense.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 12:01:44 PM by SterileEyes » Logged

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2006, 12:08:46 PM »

coming out onstage with a top hat.

did he? Maybe a light heated joke, but silk hats are traditionally formal dress for gentlemen.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2006, 12:09:48 PM »

coming out onstage with a top hat.

did he? Maybe a light heated joke, but silk hats are traditionally formal dress for gentlemen.

technically it's a bowler hat, like the kind they wear in the clockwork orange no?

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2006, 12:15:54 PM »

Only complaint: Robin Finck should really think twice about coming out onstage with a top hat. I'm sorry, that's just not cool. Show would've been a 10/10, but I'll give it a 9.5/10 for that minor offense.

Roll Eyes

Robin Finck should really come out onstage with whatever he wants on his head...
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2006, 12:22:08 PM »

Roll Eyes

Robin Finck should really come out onstage with whatever he wants on his head...

And SterileEyes should be free to express his opinion about a show that he paid money to see... Roll Eyes

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2006, 12:22:57 PM »

Finck Rules.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2006, 12:25:20 PM »

Roll Eyes

And SterileEyes should be free to express his opinion about a show that he paid money to see... Roll Eyes

Of course you are, as I am free to express my opinion of what I think of it  ok ... anyway, thanks for the review  beer
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2006, 12:26:55 PM »

Finck Rules.

Yes, he does. He doesn't need a top hat similar to what the 'last guy' wore as his trade mark to prove it either  peace

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2006, 12:29:03 PM »

it has been copied by English gentlemen and public school kids since...the 19th century?

technically it's a bowler hat, like the kind they wear in the clockwork orange no?

So maybe it's not a top hat after all? regardless,  I wanna see pics of robin with the whatever hat.

EFISH
« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2006, 12:32:56 PM »

Finck wore a top hat?

HAHAHA dude Im at school and laughing my ass off. rofl
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2006, 12:35:21 PM »

Robin always (as far as I know on this tour) comes out for Jungle wearing a dark jacket, sunglasses and a hat. Why are you even discussing this as if it's something new? And what the hell does that have to do with his playing???
His solo was a killer - at least 5 min......First, he jammed on something that somebody said was a Zeppelin song. I can't confirm that but the tune did sound familiar and I hadn't heard it before played by him. Then he went into his bluesy solo before Sweet Child. Again, that was the longest Robin solo I've heard this year and it got very good response from the crowd......
All of the above maybe a little subjective since Robin is my favorite new gunner. ?Grin
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 12:37:59 PM by leatherebel » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: