Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:10:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Leaks
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Leaks  (Read 8643 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« on: December 18, 2006, 12:08:16 PM »

Now that we're nearing a release date for Chi Dem (tentatively March 6th), are you putting away the leaked tracks?   Make the material sound a bit "fresher" when you finally have the CD in your hot little hands?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »

I hadn't listened to the leaks for a couple of months before the letter, I've listened to them daily since.

Freshness be damned. I'm not worried about the novelty wearing out any time soon, a good song is a good song no matter how many times you hear it.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 12:15:25 PM »

Thats exactly what I am doing. This weekend was the last time I'm going to listen to any new songs until the record is released, excluding the single obviously when it comes out.

I did this before also, but when I started to think the record didnt really have chance of coming out this year, I listened to them for a little while. But now they are away again.

Not that the novelty is wearing off, I just dont want to be expecting something on the album that might not be there. We know that the songs have undergone minor changes so I just dont want to expect something that might not be there.
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 12:16:50 PM »

i tried, but i cant. drool

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 12:17:07 PM »

If it comes out on March 6th, then I won't listen to what I have from March 1st on lol. 6 days without anything new will make it fresh for me.
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 12:18:14 PM »

trying... haven't listened since the letter.  but, i told myself i was going to stop like 5 times before and i just didn't have the will power!  lasted like 1 day.  it'll definitely be interesting to listen to the leaks after the release though, interesting peek into the creative process.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 12:19:25 PM »

Havent listened to the leaks for awhile. Im sure the final versions will be different than the leaks.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
guns_n_motley
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 12:21:48 PM »

Only problem I think ill have is that Ive listened to the leaks/live stuff soo much ill be used to those versions of the songs..
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 12:23:48 PM »

Only problem I think ill have is that Ive listened to the leaks/live stuff soo much ill be used to those versions of the songs..

Same here, I listen almost daily but don't want to put them away as they're so good.  They'll be put away once the CD arrives. Need my daily fix.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 12:38:01 PM »

What leaks?  hihi
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

I listen to them every day or so, to tell the truth I've been listening to live versions of the songs and bootlegs a lot more recently.  peace
guns_n_motley
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 12:53:48 PM »

Same here, I listen almost daily but don't want to put them away as they're so good.? They'll be put away once the CD arrives. Need my daily fix.

I cant wait to hear a mixed/mastered IRS imagine how heavy/massive thats going to sound Shocked
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 12:57:36 PM »

Couldn't stop even if I wanted to. The music is just tooooooo good. Very interested in the finished product. Can't wait to hear Axl's vocals more clearly.

There's a lot goin on here.....
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 01:09:03 PM »

Yeah, that's what I'm doing..but every now and then I have the urge to throw on Better lol

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 01:21:46 PM »

I listen to Better in a daily basis and i cant / wont stop.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 01:24:42 PM »

You downloading motherfuckers...  rofl

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 01:38:47 PM »

if the album leaks before the release, i don't know if i can manage not to d/l it. but if i do, hopefully i only listen to the already known tracks.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 01:45:17 PM »

I hear what you're saying, but I usually bury them for a couple of weeks and then play the shit out of them for a few days.  If I bury them before the album, within a week of the official release date, I'd probably be bringing them out again just because of the excitement -
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 01:46:16 PM »

Now that we're nearing a release date for Chi Dem (tentatively March 6th), are you putting away the leaked tracks?   Make the material sound a bit "fresher" when you finally have the CD in your hot little hands?

I continue to listen to them regularly ever since I got them. I love them. I continue to turn new people on the them constantly and they just aren't getting old at all.

Hell, my band plays Better and we practice it at least once a week and I can't get sick of it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

That they aren't getting old is quite strange but true. peculiar to this band.
I usually get bored with songs pretty quickly (like even before I learn the lyrics).

You downloading motherfuckers...  rofl

" Cheesy we dedicate this next song to all you downloading *beepmotherfuckersbeep*. It's all your fault you know,  hihi you're the ones who're responsible for putting us on this gig you downloading sons of bitches.  Angry that's a fact. that's a fact, yea?   Tongue  that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ♪♪♪♪♪♪no one ever told me when I was alone......"

Same here, I listen almost daily but don't want to put them away as they're so good.  They'll be put away once the CD arrives. Need my daily fix.

I cant wait to hear a mixed/mastered IRS imagine how heavy/massive thats going to sound Shocked

hear hear, ah Awe-inspiringly!

While reading the threads here I often feel like I'm hearing IRS or better, or OMG sometimes.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: