Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:12:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Leaks
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Leaks  (Read 8656 times)
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

i think i am the only GN'R fan out there who hasn't downloaded the leaks.
i don't want to take what isn't mine, plus i am looking forward to hearing the songs for the first time when i buy CD.

i did listen to the live webcast of Inland Invasion though, and that is the only way i have heard any of the new material.

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 02:38:56 PM »

i don't want to take what isn't mine
Once you take it, it's yours.
I know "they" try to call downloading theft but if the original stays exactly where it is, what have you stolen?

Besides, I'm sure all will be forgiven when you buy three or four copies of the album.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 02:44:26 PM »

i don't want to take what isn't mine
Once you take it, it's yours.
I know "they" try to call downloading theft but if the original stays exactly where it is, what have you stolen?

Besides, I'm sure all will be forgiven when you buy three or four copies of the album.

what i meant is, if i download a leak, i haven't paid for it, and the $ doesn't go to the artist.? therefore, i don't want to do it.  i am an old-fashioned rock chick.

and i will buy 3 copies of CD, as soon as i can.? 1 for myself, 2 more for others.

Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »

I would actually listen to both versions, trying to figure out what changes they made.

It's interesting Smiley
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 03:08:00 PM »

what i meant is, if i download a leak, i haven't paid for it, and the $ doesn't go to the artist.
But by the same logic, when you do buy the album only a tiny percentage of the money you pay for it goes to the artist. If paying your financial dues is the motivating factor behind your actions then the best strategy would seem to be to download everything and send GNR a check for $1 per song. It'll cost you about the same amount as an album, you'll have a clear conscience and the band would make about 15 times as much money from you per song than from the record buying public.

I guess what I'm saying is, you know, downloading the leaks might be the only way you get to hear the demos anyway, and nothing's stopping your from buying a bunch of GNR merch as penance.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2006, 03:20:53 PM »

i think i am the only GN'R fan out there who hasn't downloaded the leaks.
i don't want to take what isn't mine, plus i am looking forward to hearing the songs for the first time when i buy CD.

i did listen to the live webcast of Inland Invasion though, and that is the only way i have heard any of the new material.

The way that I look at is, as long as I buy the CD when it's available then it's all somewhat OK....   somewhat..  lol.   Help me sleep at night. Wink   

I guess there are those that will JUST buy the CD
Those that will download it when it leaks (which it will) and then buy the CD
Those that will download only the already leaked tracks and then buy the CD
Those that will download the leak(s) and NOT buy the CD.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 05:33:29 PM »

Besides, those are not the final cuts but mostly early demos. like the nr acoustic version. for a music fan who is definitely buying the final product, it would be hard to resist the rare items not for sale and getting all hyped up by the strength in them.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 05:35:45 PM »

I don't see the problem with die hard fans, who contribute to the band a 100 times more than the average consumer, downloading a few demos.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2006, 05:36:34 PM »

i tried, but i cant. drool

Same here drool drool

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 05:43:11 PM »

I don't see the problem with die hard fans, who contribute to the band a 100 times more than the average consumer, downloading a few demos.

I don't think she is accusing the downloading mofos. So each to their own. Wink
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2006, 05:44:28 PM »

I'm just talking in general. Nobody can come and tell me that what I'm doing is morally wrong.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2006, 05:52:29 PM »

i tried also but after a few days something makes me want to listen to them again

the brightside is that more so than with any other song i never get tired of the leaks, i need just a few days maybe at the most and they are fresh once again for me love

but this time i'm seriously gonna try not to listen to any of them anymore, cuz i'm afraid i might get too used to the demos and don't like the studio versions once they are out.. i'm certain that won't be the case but i don't want to risk it hehe

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 06:03:29 PM »

I'll keep listening regularly up until Feb...after that, it's time to let the anticipation build.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 07:30:31 PM »

Now that we're nearing a release date for Chi Dem (tentatively March 6th), are you putting away the leaked tracks?? ?Make the material sound a bit "fresher" when you finally have the CD in your hot little hands?

Wait a minute ...

you're telling us that some songs have leaked?   Shocked

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2006, 07:32:36 PM »

I'll keep listening to them until we have an OFFICIAL release date.
GeraldFord
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2006, 09:15:37 PM »

I hadn't listened to them for a while, but after the 3/6 tent. date I've been giving them another spin.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2006, 09:41:37 PM »

yeah, exactly. i am not condemning anyone for downloading unreleased stuff. it's just my personal choice not to do so.   peace

Casey Shelton
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2006, 10:57:36 PM »

Now that we're nearing a release date for Chi Dem (tentatively March 6th), are you putting away the leaked tracks?? ?Make the material sound a bit "fresher" when you finally have the CD in your hot little hands?

I stopped listening to them in October for that very same reason thinking that the album would be out in November.  Since its coming out in a couple months I'll keep the leaks on the shelf.  I can wait another 70 days.  It will be about 5 months since I last heard them.  It will be just as exciting to hear the studio versions as it was to first hear the leaks.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2006, 11:31:11 PM »

i'm hoping for more leaks.. i don't see what the big deal is.. i'll buy the album anyways just to have the album.. so i don't think downloading the leaks is wrong.. as long as you buy the album..   then again.. i'm not on gnr's payroll.. so i could really careless if anyones else downloaded leaks..
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2006, 12:06:44 AM »

I stopped listening to them in October for that very same reason thinking that the album would be out in November. Since its coming out in a couple months I'll keep the leaks on the shelf. I can wait another 70 days. It will be about 5 months since I last heard them. It will be just as exciting to hear the studio versions as it was to first hear the leaks.

Same here... Around the time I got concert tickets I stopped listening to GN'R completely.  I haven't touched the new tracks since around September or October.  The letter and some of the discussions have made me want to put them on a couple of times, but I think I can last until the album comes out.  I'm sure I'll really be into that first spin of the CD.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: