Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is bucketheads solo gone from madagascar??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: is bucketheads solo gone from madagascar??  (Read 33240 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 07:11:53 PM »

How could anyone outside the GNR camp be able to answer this? ?Roll Eyes

This is just some kinda wanna-be "versus" thread! ?Angry

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 07:15:07 PM »

Bucket, I think, is unfortunately gone. Too bad, because he has a unique and modern sound that doesn't sound like anything on radio nowadays. His playing would definitely attract some attention. Most people haven't heard the types of sounds he can make on mainstream radio or MTV. Oh, well.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 07:28:25 PM »

I love what BH brought to the band in terms of "mystique" and pure talent.  However, I wouldn't want to release a "new" album featuring band members who came and went over the past 5-10 years...I would want the current lineup to be represented on the album.   I'll miss Bucket's parts...I've gotten so used to hearing them on bootlegs, the leaks, etc., but I'll be glad if Ron & Frank are represented on Democracy...
benchiefjr
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 07:34:52 PM »

uh, I can't tell the difference between Buckethead's solo and Fortus' solo in this song....or at least it isn't bad.

Oh my god.....
ok, let me rephrase...I can tell the difference (i saw it live), but Fortus' solo is fine by me.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 07:37:19 PM »

I love what BH brought to the band in terms of "mystique" and pure talent.? However, I wouldn't want to release a "new" album featuring band members who came and went over the past 5-10 years...I would want the current lineup to be represented on the album.? ?I'll miss Bucket's parts...I've gotten so used to hearing them on bootlegs, the leaks, etc., but I'll be glad if Ron & Frank are represented on Democracy...

Well, what if Bumblefoot decides GNR just isn't for him? What then? Scrap his stuff? Find a new guitarist? What if Brain wants to be a full-time dad? Re-do all the drum tracks?

That's the problem with erasing everything that past members contributed. If people keep leaving, the CD will never be out.

jbuch
Headliner

Detroit: 2002, 2006, and now 2016

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 07:41:07 PM »

everybodys heard "Axl won't buckethead parts on new album"? ?axl said it himself
I think he's said those exact words multiple times.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 07:42:24 PM »

I love what BH brought to the band in terms of "mystique" and pure talent.? However, I wouldn't want to release a "new" album featuring band members who came and went over the past 5-10 years...I would want the current lineup to be represented on the album.? ?I'll miss Bucket's parts...I've gotten so used to hearing them on bootlegs, the leaks, etc., but I'll be glad if Ron & Frank are represented on Democracy...

Well, what if Bumblefoot decides GNR just isn't for him? What then? Scrap his stuff? Find a new guitarist? What if Brain wants to be a full-time dad? Re-do all the drum tracks?

That's the problem with erasing everything that past members contributed. If people keep leaving, the CD will never be out.

I get the point, and I don't really disagree. ? At this point, whatever it takes to get the album out is fine by me. ?Hopefully, this lineup will remain intact for a long time...or at least until CD is out. ? And I suppose that's why I said I hope Ron & Frank are represented on the album. ?I don't necessarily think everyone else should be erased from the album as much as current members should be invested in the recording of the record if possible.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 07:42:32 PM »

uh, I can't tell the difference between Buckethead's solo and Fortus' solo in this song....or at least it isn't bad.

Oh my god.....
ok, let me rephrase...I can tell the difference (i saw it live), but Fortus' solo is fine by me.

Yeah I've heard both Buckethead and Richard play this solo live (Tacoma '02 and Portland, Everett '06) and Richard does it just fine.  He's definitely covering Bucket but he does it well. 

I do hope at least some of Bucket's stuff is still on CD and I hope they work again in the future.  Additionally I love Ron and what he's brought to the band.  He killed it at the 2 shows I saw this year. 

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
guns_n_motley
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2006, 07:43:44 PM »

everybodys heard "Axl won't buckethead parts on new album"? ?axl said it himself
I think he's said those exact words multiple times.

axl wont bucketheads parts??? do you mean want??
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2006, 07:53:40 PM »

Bucket solos are more understandable than Ron solos i've noticed that overall in better's solo. But first I want to listen to the CD before giving my definetely oppinion Ron kick's ass as well....
benchiefjr
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 08:08:07 PM »

I love what BH brought to the band in terms of "mystique" and pure talent.  However, I wouldn't want to release a "new" album featuring band members who came and went over the past 5-10 years...I would want the current lineup to be represented on the album.   I'll miss Bucket's parts...I've gotten so used to hearing them on bootlegs, the leaks, etc., but I'll be glad if Ron & Frank are represented on Democracy...

isn't Frank going to do that
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2006, 08:34:32 PM »

It was my understanding that Frank is recording on CD...what isn't clear is if he's adding parts or re-recording parts.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2006, 08:51:54 PM »

isn't Frank going to do that

If Brain is still in the band, why redo all of them?

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 09:00:09 PM »

Check out what I wrote above.   Frank very well might not be re-recording anything...

Then again, he might be.  Who the f**k knows?      beer
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 11:04:07 PM »

Fortus is such an underrated force in GnR, he can tear it up when he wants to. In my opinion he is the best combination of feel and technique as far as guitarists are concerned in the new band.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2006, 03:11:35 AM »

If Buckethead's solos are removed from the album, it will be very disappointing for me personally.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2006, 03:23:11 AM »

If there should be any doubt, this is what we call Madagascar: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oJ-uwrmHx8o

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2006, 03:42:06 AM »

Fortus is such an underrated force in GnR, he can tear it up when he wants to. In my opinion he is the best combination of feel and technique as far as guitarists are concerned in the new band.

maybe but he lacks creativity that Robin and Bucket bring to the table and that is a lot more important in terms of writing hit songs. Have to see how much Richard was involved in creating CD my guess he didnt write anything just added a few licks here and there
axleu
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2006, 04:02:07 AM »

If Buckethead's solos are removed from the album, it will be very disappointing for me personally.

Me too!

As much as I like Ron, his take on Buckethead final solo in TWAT is REALLY not as good as "the original". The same goes for Nightrain!
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2006, 04:37:05 AM »

Personally, I prefer Ron's Nightrain solo over Bucket's. There is a fantastic vid of Bucket doing the Nightrain solo in Albany, but overall I prefer mr Bumblefoot.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: