Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:32:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is bucketheads solo gone from madagascar??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: is bucketheads solo gone from madagascar??  (Read 32723 times)
Brendan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2006, 04:47:03 AM »

If Buckethead's solos are removed from the album, it will be very disappointing for me personally.

Me too!

As much as I like Ron, his take on Buckethead final solo in TWAT is REALLY not as good as "the original". The same goes for Nightrain!

To be fair, Ron was only in the band a number of weeks for the two times they did play TWAT live, with him only being there over a week or so the first time it was played in NY. Also if I recall he said he only got to listen to the tracks on headphones by record management or something. He's been in the band over 6 months now so maybe he's mastered it. But it would be unfortunate if Buckethead's solo isn't in TWAT. It's fantastic.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2006, 08:39:21 AM »

Personally, I prefer Ron's Nightrain solo over Bucket's. There is a fantastic vid of Bucket doing the Nightrain solo in Albany, but overall I prefer mr Bumblefoot.
same here, i prefer Ron's Nightrain solo over Bucket's. I prefer Ron over Bucket too. Smiley

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2006, 08:46:01 AM »

"Axl won't buckethead parts on new album"? ?

I don't know whether you mean Axl wants BH parts on the album or what but I'll ask again. Can somebody find me a quote by someone (GNR involved) where they say Axl wants BH on the album, or something similar to the supposed quote above.

I'd be dissappointed if the solo has gone from Madagascar because it sounds great, it looks like just Richards half of the solo is left now, I'm not sure why they don't ask Ron to do it instead though because the song sounds so much fuller and complete with the BH solo in it.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2006, 09:28:48 AM »

If I could ask only on thing, is that GNR dont replace Buckethead's parts in TWAT. They can replace it all if they want, but BH's solo in TWAT is one of the best and most wonderful things I've heard in a lot of time.

damn, I like Bumblefoot a lot, but I still miss BigB.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2006, 11:30:35 AM »

when I listen to the new bootlegs of this new tour it sounds like its gone.. maybe its just the mix and its low down

hopefully all of his shit is gone...great guitar player...but he is a fuckin clown...made GNR look like a parody of itself a few years back...THIS is the band my friends....2006 GNR owns all....
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2006, 12:24:27 PM »

when I listen to the new bootlegs of this new tour it sounds like its gone.. maybe its just the mix and its low down

hopefully all of his shit is gone...great guitar player...but he is a fuckin clown...made GNR look like a parody of itself a few years back...THIS is the band my friends....2006 GNR owns all....

Yeah, most of the media flap about this new band in 2002 mentioned his chicken bucket wearing in a condescending tone, probably wasn't taken seriously enough for his guitar skill

BTW, does anybody know or think that any solos in "Better" are from Bucket, I know the second one is Robin

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2006, 12:58:55 PM »

Like his image means shit if he isn't in the band. If he's on the CD, no one's gonna see him, just hear him. If he was such a clown, how come Axl tried to get him back in the band so many times. It's cool you like the new band, I do too. They sound great, but to diminsh Bucket because of his image is stupid. Especially when GNR fans had to defend Axl's image for so long. Pretty hypocritical.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2006, 01:05:50 PM »

Like his image means shit if he isn't in the band. If he's on the CD, no one's gonna see him, just hear him. If he was such a clown, how come Axl tried to get him back in the band so many times. It's cool you like the new band, I do too. They sound great, but to diminsh Bucket because of his image is stupid. Especially when GNR fans had to defend Axl's image for so long. Pretty hypocritical.

once again people judge bands on their image.... Buckethead is an AMAZING guitarist...
madagas
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2006, 01:21:24 PM »

The simple fact is that we have no idea who is going to be on the record. Just think about it-3 drummers (Freese, Brain, Frank), 6 guitarists (Bucket, Finck, Thal, Fortus, Huge, May), 2 keyboard players, Axl, and Tommy have all recorded stuff since 1998. Who knows what the final credits will be and who played what on the final tracklisting. Nobody knows except Axl and the man mixing the album.... ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2006, 01:27:30 PM »

Personally, I prefer Ron's Nightrain solo over Bucket's. There is a fantastic vid of Bucket doing the Nightrain solo in Albany, but overall I prefer mr Bumblefoot.

Ron's solo is good but Bucket seriously redefined the outro. To hear Big B shred his way through the end of that song is breathtaking.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2006, 01:40:07 PM »

The simple fact is that we have no idea who is going to be on the record. Just think about it-3 drummers (Freese, Brain, Frank), 6 guitarists (Bucket, Finck, Thal, Fortus, Huge, May), 2 keyboard players, Axl, and Tommy have all recorded stuff since 1998. Who knows what the final credits will be and who played what on the final tracklisting. Nobody knows except Axl and the man mixing the album.... ok

even Axl doesn't know.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »

im not judging buckethead soley on his image..but it is a part of it....Guns N Roses used to be called "the most dangerous band in the world" how can people say that with that moron running around on stage with his silly rain coat and mask... This is rock n roll...not rocket science...i know he is a great player but this is not dream theater....Ron Thal is MORE than capable to play the old stuff and the new stuff that we have heard so far...the GREATS didnt need some gimmick like buckethead, they just went out and played...Randy Rhoads, Jimmy Page, Zakk Wylde, Jimi Hendrix,Slash and Brian May are all better musicians than Buckethead..just because you play fast doesnt mean you have any sense of emotion..he was like a machine...that is why i love the 2006 band so much, they just go out and deliver it......with tons of emotion and heart....
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2006, 02:55:38 PM »

.just because you play fast doesnt mean you have any sense of emotion..he was like a machine.

Thanks for saying that. You've proved you know nothing about Bucket. I don't have to argue with you any more.

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2006, 03:01:51 PM »

GNR music has alwasy been about heart and emotion .

2006 they have a heart and a soul. Seeing them live you can feel and see there emotion. And that is what it is all about.

Playing like and sounding like a machine is not GNR.

Clown costumes belong to the insane clown posse not GNR.

I'm not into pretend stuff so BH gone from the mix is ok by me.

BBF is more than capable.

BH may be the best guitar player in the world but no need for him to be in GNR.

Maybe Axl wanted him back before, well that is in the past I would bet AXL does not want him back now and old BBF is replacing all his shit. Count on it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 03:03:40 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2006, 03:02:43 PM »

.just because you play fast doesnt mean you have any sense of emotion..he was like a machine.

Thanks for saying that. You've proved you know nothing about Bucket. I don't have to argue with you any more.

Yeah its hard to argue with someone who doesn't hear the emotion in Bucket's playing.  I first heard he was in the band in 2000 and immediately went out and purchased "Colma."  Hearing the beauty and emotion that poured out of the speakers changed my whole perception of what a guitar could sound like.  No one else sounds like him and GNR was lucky to have him while they did.  His music is therapy and it brings something beautiful to this fucked up world.  Kinda like Axl and the boys.......

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2006, 03:05:36 PM »

Sounding like a machine and pretend starwars horse shit may be craptacular to you but GNR is rock, not numchuck twirling

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Saboteur
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2006, 03:09:35 PM »

GNR music has alwasy been about heart and emotion .

2006 they have a heart and a soul. Seeing them live you can feel and see there emotion. And that is what it is all about.

Playing like and sounding like a machine is not GNR.

Clown costumes belong to the insane clown posse not GNR.

I'm not into pretend stuff so BH gone from the mix is ok by me.

BBF is more than capable.

BH may be the best guitar player in the world but no need for him to be in GNR.

Maybe Axl wanted him back before, well that is in the past I would bet AXL does not want him back now and old BBF is replacing all his shit. Count on it.

If Bucket looks like clown how do you will call them

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=41462.msg838021#msg838021
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »

Sounding like a machine and pretend starwars horse shit may be craptacular to you but GNR is rock, not numchuck twirling
You're still bitching and moaning after I sent you Transmutation? Did you even download it? confused

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2006, 03:19:46 PM »

Hey what is with this still bithcing shit....

I made 2 post here and 2 post elsewhere on the subject.

You have been nonstop lobbying for the masked man for months everywhere. He is not in the band and it is apparent as of now he is not coming back.

And as I said elsewhere he might be the best guitar player in the world, to ME he does not fit GNR.

His solo stuff might be greatest. I'm not doubting that at all.

Well............................................................

And where did you send me something, i will look on other board.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2006, 03:40:15 PM »

I am not talking about his solo albums...I am talking about the way he played GUNS stuff live!!!! he just stood there like a statue and shredded away...it was like having a robot onstage...are you going to argue that!?! if you do, you obviously didnt go to any of the 2002 shows like i did...That was ALWAYS the knock on Buckethead...he played with no feeling...The only time he showed an ounce of passion was when he was playing his star wars bullshit in between songs..you can talk about his solo records all you want...I am talking about the GNR material..you know..the stuff people actually care about
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: