Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 04:11:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will we hear something this week?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will we hear something this week?  (Read 7697 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 09:53:04 AM »

Not this week...patience...think single in 3 weeks or so.? If February 6th comes and goes and you have heard nothing, you can officially whine again.

Agreed.  While I'm glad we have a release date, I still consider March 6 more of a target than anything else.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 10:03:37 AM »

I would be happy to see a video with the single out there...

"...It don't really matter..."
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 10:37:47 AM »

I'm a *bit concerned that no new manager has been announced. Usually a manager would be part of the negotiation/detail stuff with wrapping up an album and I would hope they would be heavily involved in the promotion etc.....  if there is no new manager then who's covering that part of the workload?

Also, once CD is handed to the record company expect leaks pretty damn fast. Not to mention the official promotion machine starting up and a single as part of that of course. We should see all of that weeks before the album officially drops. (Think mid Feb)

If there is no buzz started or leaks of finished material by mid Feb then I wouldn't count on a March date at all.

The other thing is, if they miss that window they might not just throw it out the next week/month - we're heading into a dry season for buying shortly after this window so missing that might mean that, even if finished, they hold it for a summer release.

ANyway, those are my thoughts, six weeks from now if there is no promotion/buzz/single and/or leaks then I'll not count on March release. Of course, Axl isn't going to warn us beforehand even if he knows they are missing the date. If they miss it expect something posted by GNR the same week of March 6th and without any new specific date as it will have a lot to do with what the record company sees as the best drop date in that scenario-

Random thoughts, all could be wrong of course.

~sHiNe oN~
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 10:51:49 AM »

Guys (and gals),

9 times out 10, all singles are released six to eight weeks at the bare minimum before the album is released.  In several cases, a single is released 12 weeks before the album is due (think Killers, Coldplay, Chilli Peppers).  As mentioned, there are exceptions.  As Axl seems keen on giving the album its proper release, don't expect a single 3 weeks before the album.  Moreover, when a single is released, expect a 'firm' release date to be given in conjunction.  I remember this was done last year with Pearl Jam's latest.

Also consider the four remaining tour dates were canceled for the primary reason of getting all matters Chinese Democracy sewn up.  I wouldn't expect a single until whatever 'minor' issues that were left outstanding are dealt with.  So if you factor in the six to eight week separation between single and album, along with minor issues being ironed out, I think March 6 is a little ambitious.  I hope for March 6th, but I'm realistically expecting late March, early Spring.  I seem to think that March 6 is something Axl and the band are shooting for; in effect, getting everything moving - but not essential or absolute.  By finally speaking of a release date, Axl has put everyone involved on notice - something that hasn't really been done before (with a slight exception to the 'late fall' 2006 remarks).  And if it's not out then, well, I look forward to reading Axl's next letter to us fans.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 11:57:40 AM »

Guys (and gals),

9 times out 10, all singles are released six to eight weeks at the bare minimum before the album is released.
Cheers,

Andrew

i've seen quite a few first singles from an album released a week before the album itself. there is no standard time for a single to be released.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 11:59:59 AM »

The earliest we'll hear any news is early Feb. 

Axl may complete his end of the bargain and get the album in by the necessary time for a March 6th release, but who knows what the label will in turn do with it.  I'm guessing if anything, we should at least hear a new single by March 6.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 01:40:23 PM »

I hope we don't hear anything until its been handed over to Universal, and then only to notify us that is the case. The last quarter of 06 was mad, bad and down right ugly at times, I just want to hear of facts from within the camp.  Until then the bullshit mongers will continue to have field-day and I can't be bothered with speculation anymore...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 09:44:09 AM »

The earliest we'll hear any news is early Feb.?

Axl may complete his end of the bargain and get the album in by the necessary time for a March 6th release, but who knows what the label will in turn do with it.? I'm guessing if anything, we should at least hear a new single by March 6.
Axl said: "It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company." So that means the record has to be finished within the next couple of days. Wouldn't Axl wanna let us fans know the record has been handed over and things are up to the record company? Don't lots of bands do that? (of course...it's GNR we're talking about? ok)

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 11:19:59 AM »

"Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. " yes

Will we hear something this week?

Happy New Year! Cheesy
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »

I seem to think that March 6 is something Axl and the band are shooting for; in effect, getting everything moving - but not essential or absolute.

Call me Captain Obvious, but he explicitly used the word TENTATIVE. 

March 6th IS what they're shooting for and not absolute.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 11:47:25 AM »

omg, I can't wait anymore I'm going to cryogenically freeze myself just like cartman did because he couldn't stand the wait for the wii, then unfreeze me and chinese democracy in my face!
Just be patient its not like we don't have a date, fuck its more than we've ever had in the endless years of silence.

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2007, 01:42:54 PM »

In theory, we should start hearing more next Tuesday, given that according to Axl, "It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company."  If March 6th is the date, he's handing it over on January 9th.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
axlnyc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 02:11:31 PM »

:-\I don't think we should get into any speculation phase, it's too risky.  Lets just go with a calm wait and see, like zoning out with good chronic!

81688-NJ
61791-LI, NY
120991-MSG
121391-MSG
71892-NJ
72992-NJ
30693-CT
120502-MSG
51206-NYC
51506-NYC
51706-NYC
110506-NJ
111006-MSG
111711-NJ
111911-CT
112611-NJ
2/10/12-NYC
2/12/12-
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 06:57:42 PM »

Just as an aside, the band Type O Negative dispersed a press release today with a track listing and artwork for their album, due out on March 13, a week before Uncle Ax.  We should know by next week if all cylinders are firing.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2007, 05:02:46 AM »

Not wanting to fan the fire, but all Axl said in his letter to the fans is that it will take Approx 8 weeks.  Now don't go all heavy on me but isn't 7-9 weeks Approx 8 weeks.

This Album once in the hands of Universal will get the Royal treatment, it is the BIG ONE.

Nobody at Universal is going to leave this baby sitting in the in-tray are they. If the date is pushed back to the 20th (as mentioned by Merck) then so be it, approx 8 weeks from the time Universal get it, if there is a delay pre-hand over.

Axl stated clearly that this wasn't a definate date and as such no-body should be holding Axl to the 6th March.  Just one other thing, I really hope that the next official announcement of sorts is just to comfirm the status of the release date.  I really do want to enjoy the post announcemnt Chinese Democracy hype in Gn'R mode not bullshit rumour mode as of 2006...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
sla5h
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2007, 05:06:12 AM »

I'm thinking the week after next week. yes

the same here. we'll never hear anything during the present week, only the week after  hihi
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2007, 05:13:49 AM »

the same here. we'll never hear anything during the present week, only the week after? hihi

there are only a certain number of tuesdays left in 2007  rofl
sla5h
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2007, 05:19:09 AM »

the same here. we'll never hear anything during the present week, only the week after? hihi

there are only a certain number of tuesdays left in 2007? rofl

yeah, not many Tuesdays left to go now  Grin
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2007, 06:56:42 AM »

soon is the word..... Wink

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »

The album will have to be turned in next week in order to get the March 6th or 5th release.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: