Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 05:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy sales predictions & First week sales
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy sales predictions & First week sales  (Read 34213 times)
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2006, 10:22:43 AM »

i tjink in usa 5-7 million copies

yea... i'd say about 3 million copies in the first year... 5-7 million copies within 3 or 4 years (within the U.S.A.)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2006, 10:36:36 AM »

around 10 million worldwide. But if Slash was still there, probably around 20 million copies.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 10:48:05 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2006, 11:17:43 AM »

I hope it sells really well, Im guessing there will be an initial rush for everyone to buy it, but then level off.  I think what will make the difference in the US will be the haters and old fans coming around and seeing that the music is awesome in a different way.  Just wondering ... if they plan on releasing another album a year, year and a half after CD, how would that affect CD sales in the long haul?

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2006, 12:16:50 PM »

I'd say 3-5 million depending on word of mouth
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2006, 12:26:40 PM »

I'd say about 1 to 1.5 million US.  A whole lot more though worldwide.  Most people here in the US are still very bitter about the breakup of the old group.

madagas
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2006, 12:43:11 PM »

Thorazine, it will sell at least as much as Velvet and will be platinum within a month. First week sales should at least match Tool's 550,000 as well. Curiousity alone will push the record over 2 million(US) within a year or so . Hard to tell where it will go after that. Huh
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 12:50:57 PM by madagas » Logged
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2006, 12:52:41 PM »

around 10 million worldwide. But if Slash was still there, probably around 20 million copies.

so whydid slash snakepit and vrevolver don't sell 20 milions
I emailed billboard about great selling of ghits (more than 3 milions copyin usa),and said theydidn't remember whensome albumtake soo many weeks on chart

I have never seen so many tree
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2006, 01:03:30 PM »

Thorazine, it will sell at least as much as Velvet and will be platinum within a month. First week sales should at least match Tool's 550,000 as well. Curiousity alone will push the record over 2 million(US) within a year or so . Hard to tell where it will go after that. Huh

That's a possibility.  But if Axl pulls this attitude of showing up late to shows and not allowing the press to interview him enough then I can't see an opening week of over 250k.  US fans are very unforgiving.  Still, 250k is very impressive in one week.

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »

Us fans are unforgiving???
Well,i would buy new album to hear a good music,not for better selling!!!
So i don't understand youre point

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2006, 02:03:35 PM »

US=United States.

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2006, 02:16:23 PM »

US=United States.

i know that,but i want to tell that you would buy new album because it have a good music,so whetever if you are mad on axl or not you should buy ticket

I watched gnr in budapest,driving 7 hours from belgrade,and axl was lating and show started at 11.45,but who care i had a great time

sorry for bad english

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2006, 02:24:46 PM »

US=United States.

i know that,but i want to tell that you would buy new album because it have a good music,so whetever if you are mad on axl or not you should buy ticket

I watched gnr in budapest,driving 7 hours from belgrade,and axl was lating and show started at 11.45,but who care i had a great time

sorry for bad english

I have over 1800 posts on a GNR board, I think that qualifies me as a fan of GNR don't you think? Tongue

I'm referring to the average U.S. fan.? that doesn't know much about the new band, or who remembers the old band fondly.  Anyone here will tell you I'm a fan of GNR.

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2006, 02:31:55 PM »

US=United States.

sorry for bad english

I have over 1800 posts on a GNR board, I think that qualifies me as a fan of GNR don't you think? Tongue

I'm referring to the average U.S. fan.? that doesn't know much about the new band, or who remembers the old band fondly.? Anyone here will tell you I'm a fan of GNR.

I know you're a big gnr fan,as many people here...

Sorry, but you didn't understand my point,because ,my english sucks

btw you have much much posts then me and you're living in us,so your opinion are more valid then mine

I made prediction about billboard list

G n F n R
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2006, 02:51:06 PM »

He's been a cool guy so far. Cool
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2006, 03:08:31 PM »

Thorazine, it will sell at least as much as Velvet and will be platinum within a month. First week sales should at least match Tool's 550,000 as well.

Not only does GNR have loyal fans like tool does, but there are old fans and new fans that will be curious to buy.  Multiple generations here are interested.  Optimistically the comeback could be somewhat similar to Aerosmith's back in the day.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2006, 04:45:05 PM »

I say at least 3 million in the U.S, worldwide I have no idea.

If it doesn't outsell contraband in the u.s I think it will considered a failure by many. Personally I don't give a flying fuck... I just want new music.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2006, 07:17:08 PM »

CD won't outsell Contraband. For one, VR had the hype machine on overdrive before they released the album. They wre everywhere, and on two soundtracks.

I feel like CD will be far too complex for most people to really grasp on to, and sales will probably reflect that. Seriously, expecting more than a couple million in the first year is probably wishing for the stars.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2006, 08:53:26 AM »

CD won't outsell Contraband. For one, VR had the hype machine on overdrive before they released the album. They wre everywhere, and on two soundtracks.

I feel like CD will be far too complex for most people to really grasp on to, and sales will probably reflect that. Seriously, expecting more than a couple million in the first year is probably wishing for the stars.

I think CD will sell better in Europe / Japan than here in the states as there will be the benefit of a full slate of concert dates rather than 4 shows in NYC, as good as they were.  Perhaps if they were to release a single in the summer that may help wet people's appetite hear in the states
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2006, 12:21:47 AM »

It all depends on how they go about promoting Chinese Democracy.. obviously us hardcore GNR fans will go pick it up when it comes out but all the skeptical fans who dislike this new GNR won't want to give it a chance. As many people have speculated they could play at the VMA's in August, play a few of the new songs and maybe announce the release date of CD(if they hadn't by then already)

IMO it will sell pretty well when it first comes out, and as they tour the country and play more shows to get exposure and show how great the music is more and more people will go pick the CD up... this is probably one of the more anticipated albums ever and i'm sure the sales will prove that yes

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2006, 08:20:24 AM »

itll sell a few copies, its the most anticipated album yet to be released!!

i think itl sell around 8 million worldwide

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: