Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 408462 times)
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2002, 04:58:35 PM »

Oh well Man Utd's win was better
Yeah, cause you won 3-1 away from home, whereas we...oh wait. [smoking]

Annoyingly, dad just managed to fix the digital box.  Like, two minutes after the game finished!

We got to watch the match commentary though.  Great, great goals from Henry.  Bellamy did seem to hit the guy in the stomach, so I guess he deserved to be sent off (though there didn't seem to be much in it).  If Viera had done that elbow thing Shearer did he would have been sent off in a second, but whatever.

Unlucky, Newcastle fans. [no]
GNRR2003
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2002, 05:23:06 PM »

I wonder where GNRR2003 is [rofl].

i am now at home, just got back, i was at the match.

dont know why the fuck i need to answer to you cos you shit excuse of a premeirship relegation team cant even qualify for europe, nevermind the champs league or indeed the second phase, now fuck off and worry about your own sorry excuse of a team.  Lips Sealed

[rant] [rant] [rant]bellamy, what i lying little bastard. two weeks ago he said he had learned his lesson, two weeks later he is proving what a fucking tit end he really is. he thinks we should accept it cos its the way he is, well i'd rather we sell him than put up with this shit. by the end of the second phase, newcastle will have played 12 CL games, bellamy will have been banned for 6. he cant justify that, considering he was wanking on for months in the summer telling the whole world how it was great to be in the CL cos his sorry excuse for a sheep shagging nation has no chance of doing anything in world football, and he could now prove himself, prove what exactly? that he is a total fuckin cock.  [rant] [rant] [rant]

ps Miz sorry for the abuse, cant be arsed to delete it  Kiss
GNRR2003
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2002, 05:28:09 PM »

ok i have just seen the 'sending off' offence on tv. what a typical example of continental football. a true profetional in every sence of the game, all over the striker, striker reacts, defender jump, dive drop and roll. that is the italian game, cheating bastards. i still think the poisoned welsh dwarf should have been sent off cos he shouldnt have reacted. he cried as he left the pitch  [rofl]

i hope he gets some abuse in town this week.
GNRR2003
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2002, 05:29:17 PM »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Angry
« Last Edit: November 27, 2002, 05:30:12 PM by GNRR2003 » Logged
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2002, 05:30:52 PM »

Love you too  Kiss

Us mackems get on great with the geordies.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
GNRR2003
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2002, 05:38:41 PM »

Love you too  Kiss

Us mackems get on great with the geordies.

ok this is turning to the dark side, that is very bad.....

anyway dont have anything against mackems, many of my freinds are like you - stupid, inbred idiots aka mackems  Tongue

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh   Cry Cry
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2002, 05:54:12 PM »

anyway dont have anything against mackems, many of my freinds are like you - stupid, inbred idiots aka mackems  Tongue
 Angry

Anyway, i sympathise with you, the italians are all cheats, but to be fair, shearer does have a habit of jumbing for headers, with his elbow moving in the direction of the nearest defender.  Tongue

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2002, 06:52:11 PM »

I just saw the bellamy incident, thats disgusting, he should never have been sent off, dirty fucking italians.

Although, shearer should have been  Wink

GNRR2003
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2002, 04:26:23 AM »

i think to send someone off that early in the game, the referee should have been absolutely sure, as he didnt see it how could he be, he spoke to the assistant for no more than about 5-10 seconds, all he could have said was 'send him off'. the italian blatently smack bells in the chest, ok it was a bit of a bitch slap but so what.

ah italians french germans, there all the same, its not gamesmanship its cheating, football isnt about provokin the other team, its about skill. given the skill of teams such as inter, it amazes me that they have to resort to such tactics. i guess if it allows them to progress into the knockout stage they wont give a fuck.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2002, 04:37:26 AM »

Bloody right.

I'm unsure whether Bellamy should have gone (in one camera angle it does look like he actually properly punched the guy in the ribs).  The other guy definately should haveat least been booked; dirty fucking cheats.  I think they should start sending players off for diving, see how keen they are to try it out there. Angry
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2002, 04:50:18 AM »

Slightly off the current debate.....

Nottingham Forest 3 VS 2 Brighton HA

Yeah, 3rd in the league baby......

Bit sloppy though. It should of been 3:0.

Bellamy's sending off was a fucking joke, yeah he retaliated which was wrong, but i have to say not out of character.

But that early in the game is farcical, ive seen far worse than that early on in a football game with two footed tackles which can end careers and nothing done?

Theres no consistency from referees at all.

I do have to agree with Bobby Robson, it was unproffesional for the retaliation.

Axlhogg
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2002, 04:56:01 AM »

Didn't Henry get sent off after about ten minutes in the World Cup for a two-footed tackle?  There's no consistency in referees because they're not all the same person.  Some have balls, some don't.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2002, 10:30:23 AM »

Did anybody happen to catch Birindelli's goal against RC Deportivo La Coru?as....

It was one of the most amazing shot's I've ever seen...

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Scat
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Headliner

I like my sugar with coffee and cream

« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2002, 11:20:36 AM »

Basically we were battered yesterday, but I have this too say:

If that Whiny fag had kept his arse on the pitch all night, we could have taken the game to them.  Too many times this season or last he has let the team down by 'trying to be a lad' or whatever he calls it.  Yes the Italians are slimy cheating cunts, but look at it this way. Whenever they play English teams they must be scared about how the violent English teams play.  But Bellamy is experienced enough to know whats right.

And crying in the tunnel shows what a brat he can be. I would like Bobby to drop him to give him a lesson. But the next strikers on offer are shit, either Carl Cort gets fit and on form soon , or Bozza needs a new striker.

Dabizas is crap, slides around like a snail on speed.

I feel sorry for Shearer, having to hold the line on his own.

Arsenal in my books are one of the faves for the cup. These days you just dont go to Italy and win with a hat rick
GNRR2003
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2002, 11:25:27 AM »

it is on bbc website that Shearer will be reviewed tommorrow, if guilty he will be banned for 2-4 matches. its looking good for us then  Roll Eyes

Dabizas is crap, slides around like a snail on speed.

our only good defender is Griffin, i have thought this for ages, and last night proved it. hughes might be a good centre back, but as Bobby insists on playing him left full back i guess we'll never know. sorry but unless Bobby sorts out the defence he may as well leave at the end of the season cos we wont get any where, just like keegan exciting stuff going forward, but questions have to be asked when one of the worst teams in the top flight, scumderland, have a better defence than ours.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2002, 11:33:14 AM by GNRR2003 » Logged
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2002, 04:09:41 PM »

Yeah, but we've only scored about 8 goals all season, so i think you're doing slightly better than us.

Scat
Headliner

« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2002, 05:24:24 PM »

Old Keegan tactics  'if they score 9 we'll get 10'

Nah I've heard some fairy tales about Bobby going to buy Stam and Gallas when the transfer window opens again. I wish, that would be a miracle.

Sunderland are poor, face it  [smoking] Nah, things can get better, its not as if they could get worse!
GNRR2003
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2002, 06:14:09 PM »

sunderland are shit, i'm not saying they're not, my point is, if we had there attacking 'flair' or lack of it, we would be in a lot lot worse position than they are right now, in fact i dont think we'd have one any game so far this season, because that is how shit our defence is. not sure on all our results this season but i dont think we have one many one nillers, if any, you can only get them results if you have agood defence, we havent so we end up getting slaughtered if we dont score, that is wrong and you dont win league competitions with tactics like that.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2002, 06:15:04 PM by GNRR2003 » Logged
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2002, 07:32:54 AM »

Ok going back to the bellamy thing

I think by the rules the descion was right however Matterazzi should have been at least booked as he hit bellamy in the stomach first.

Ok i have a view on this sending off thing:

I think like Rugby there should be a Sin Bin.... Given the referees the power to put a player in it for 15mins or 30 mins.

I think this would be great as yesterday bellamy getting sent off ruined the game.... a game which the Newcastle fans deserved to see be contested 11 on 11.

I still think that Bookings and Sending Off's can be used by refs at their desgression.... I mean if a player hits someone in the face or a ridiculaous high tackle then they should go but.... What Bellamy did did not hurt the player and 30mins in a sin bin as well as a booking would have been more than punishment to Bellamy and Newcastle.

What you think if that?

P.S. i hear that Shearer has been banned too now.... So newcastle must go to the Nou Camp with no Bellamy and No Shearer..... That must make Robson furious especially Shearer who should know better

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Scat
Headliner

« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2002, 09:57:42 AM »

P.S. i hear that Shearer has been banned too now.... So newcastle must go to the Nou Camp with no Bellamy and No Shearer..... That must make Robson furious especially Shearer who should know better

We'll get battered then at the Nou Camp

Think about it;

Kluivert and Saviola VS the power of Shola Ameobi and Lua Lua !!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: