Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:34:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 408476 times)
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

I don't know if soon is the word...(FYI, IT'S NOT)

« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2002, 03:11:20 PM »

Werner, i'm disappointed in you, and all other Liverpool fans calling for Dudek's blood.

Last season he proved himself to be a really fantastic keeper.  Now this season he's going through a bad patch, and suddenly he's rubbish.  He can't be rubbish, because you can't fluke the season he had last year.  When David Seaman goes under fire for a bad season I defend him and hope that he gets his confidence back.  No way is he gonna get his confidence back if his own fans are against him.

In short:  I like Dudek, and I hope he gets through this.

...It was kinda funny though! [hihi]

I'm definately not calling for his blood. That rant was an expression of rage right after the final whistle. Jerzy was amazing last season and has had some bad moments this one, but I'm sure he'll be back on top soon again...and I can assure you, that it WASN'T funny Wink

So I send this song to the offended...
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2002, 04:34:06 PM »

FINALLY!! 2 years of waiting is finally over...

Fernando Redondo left Real Madrid for AC Milan 2 years ago, but hasn't played 1 game for Milan yet! The problems with his knees was so big that no-one knew if he ever was going to come back to the wonderful game of football, but the knee problems are now gone and he is in the Squad for tomorrows cup-match against Ancona of Serie B.

Welcome back Redondo!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2002, 04:34:54 PM by Werner » Logged

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2002, 05:53:36 PM »

FINALLY!! 2 years of waiting is finally over...

Fernando Redondo left Real Madrid for AC Milan 2 years ago, but hasn't played 1 game for Milan yet! The problems with his knees was so big that no-one knew if he ever was going to come back to the wonderful game of football, but the knee problems are now gone and he is in the Squad for tomorrows cup-match against Ancona of Serie B.

Welcome back Redondo!  Cheesy

Yes i echo that.

I think he gave the single greatest midfield display i have ever seen against Man Utd at Old Trafford when Real beat us 3-2 in the champions league..... do you remember the backheel round Berg and set up for Raul.... Simply stunning.

At his best he was the best midfielder in the world for me.... i doubt he will get back to that but still great to see him back [ok]

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2002, 06:35:07 PM »

I'm definately not calling for his blood.
Aah righty, my bad. [ok]

At his best he was the best midfielder in the world for me.... i doubt he will get back to that but still great to see him back
Hey you never know.  Ronaldo did it...

Ugh, silly prat Ash Cole has got himself in trouble.  He's got one heck of a lot of talent, but the boy really needs to grow up. Angry
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2002, 06:52:57 PM »

I'm definately not calling for his blood.
Aah righty, my bad. [ok]

No prob!  Smiley
BTW, what happened to Bellamy in the last CL-game? I missed it, only noticed that he got sent off after 6 mins, with 1 goal down!!
Not so smart, and when it's Bellamy that gets sent off, I guess he did something really un-neccesary, or?

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2002, 07:00:23 PM »

He punched some guy in the ribs.  Technically worthy of a red card, but the Italian dived like a mofo.  He was a stupid prat for punching out, so he can't really complain.

Has anyone seen Shearer's goal against Everton?  Sky News isn't showing it for some reason. Cry
GNRR2003
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2002, 07:06:58 PM »

He punched some guy in the ribs.  Technically worthy of a red card, but the Italian dived like a mofo.  He was a stupid prat for punching out, so he can't really complain.

Has anyone seen Shearer's goal against Everton?  Sky News isn't showing it for some reason. Cry

i have, obviously, i was there  Smiley

if you get to see it, it was a corker and guess who set it up, Shola  [rofl] he actually managed to head the ball down to shearer, dont know if he meant it, prolly not.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2002, 03:56:51 PM »

Yep Goal of the season already.... give him the trophy now.

[/color]

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2002, 04:32:44 PM »

Grr, I wanna see it!

Hopefully i'll be able to catch Football Focus on satarday.  Actually, I should be watching the Utd game then.  Dammit! Angry
GNRR2003
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2002, 04:46:54 PM »

congratulations to Sunderland for not making it through to the next round of the Mickey Mouse Cup. apparently it is six and a half hours since their '?25 million' strike force scored a goal. not bad looks like Wilko was the one to turn it 'round after all!

seriously, DTH make sure you see Shearers goal, its a fuckin peach.
Scat
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Headliner

I like my sugar with coffee and cream

« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2002, 04:54:49 PM »

congratulations to Sunderland for not making it through to the next round of the Mickey Mouse Cup. apparently it is six and a half hours since their '?25 million' strike force scored a goal. not bad looks like Wilko was the one to turn it 'round after all!

seriously, DTH make sure you see Shearers goal, its a fuckin peach.

He has been a god all season.

The free kick against Manchester was vintage Shearer.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2002, 05:40:13 PM »

Yes, another brilliant peformance, showing Howards excellent managerial skills.  [no]

GNRR2003, have u got a season ticket at st james's, you seem to be there an awfull lot.  My uncle used to have a season ticket at roker park and at st james's  [nervous].  I think him and his mate must have been the only two people ever to do that, he got rid of it when they got kicked out of their seats to make way for the V.I.P.s. cos newcastle suck.  mwuhahaha, this whole post was just so i could say newcastle suck.  [ok]

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2002, 06:12:18 PM »

I think Sunderland going out id the best thing that could happen to you.

I mean Sunderland suck more than most teams i have ever seen and although HW is doing ok i think he is a shit manager.

I think Sunderland will survive by one place this year

[/color]

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2002, 06:41:21 PM »

I mean Sunderland suck more than most teams i have ever seen

Thanks man, its good to know you think highly of us.
I think we're gonna go down this season, and i also think man u will win the league and the worthington cup, and the champions league, cos they're evil.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2002, 07:34:45 PM »

I mean Sunderland suck more than most teams i have ever seen

Thanks man, its good to know you think highly of us.
I think we're gonna go down this season, and i also think man u will win the league and the worthington cup, and the champions league, cos they're evil.

You won't go down for my money..... but you do suck!

I mean its gotta hurt with Newcastle in the champs league and you struggling.

Ok so it looks like West Brom will be relegated and i think Bolton will go also.... i think it will be between Sunderland, Birmingham and Charlton for the last spot.

I also think Portsmouth will go up this year and stay up so I think sunderland have more chance of going down next year than this...... however if i was a sunderland fan i would want the assistant guy (his name escapes me now, Cotteral is it) in as quick as possible after this season as i think he has promise

[/color]

GNRR2003
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2002, 12:06:37 PM »

Yes, another brilliant peformance, showing Howards excellent managerial skills.  [no]

GNRR2003, have u got a season ticket at st james's, you seem to be there an awfull lot.  My uncle used to have a season ticket at roker park and at st james's  [nervous].  I think him and his mate must have been the only two people ever to do that, he got rid of it when they got kicked out of their seats to make way for the V.I.P.s. cos newcastle suck.  mwuhahaha, this whole post was just so i could say newcastle suck.  [ok]

yeah i have a season ticket, though i may have to give it up nrxt year cos i am hoping to move down south to do an MSc. even if i stay in the north i may still give it up cos my money situation isnt too good  Cry

anyway, i agree in part with the moving seats thing, but at the end of the day they were never going to have corporate hospitality up in the clouds, so someone had to go there, just unfortunate that it had to be genuine fans that made way for more well-off people. thats life i guess. no my seat isnt in the corporate area, its one of the cheapest and thats still ?415.

it wouldnt suprise me if Sunderland went down, it would be quite a waste of talent, they have some good players, certainly worthy of premiership football, but your manager is really quite unbeleivable, following every match he looks for excuses for underperforming. in a way he is a true Englishman, raised to beleive that it is ok to finish second, as long as you try, and that is his excuse all the time 'well the lads played well in spells, we have to take the positives' maybe he should eradicate the negatives first  Tongue anyway enjoy the 1st division AGAIN  [ok]
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2002, 05:59:08 AM »

Taken from www.liverpoolfc.tv

Houllier - Dudek backing was so emotional

Gerard Houllier said he will never forget the way the Anfield crowd backed Jerzy Dudek throughout Liverpool's Worthington Cup win over Ipswich.

Dudek's name was chanted throughout the night as the Reds set up a quarter-final tie at Aston Villa following a thrilling shoot-out victory.

And the Liverpool boss says the overriding memory of his side's triumph would forever be the backing his Polish goalkeeper received from the home fans.

Houllier said: "The fans deserve special credit tonight for the way they supported Jerzy. They were brilliant and I want to thank them. It was very emotional.

"Last year when I was recovering from illness I watched the Liverpool v Manchester United game on TV and I saw the mosaic on the Kop which is a moment I will never forget. One other moment I will always remember now is the way the fans welcomed Jerzy when he came on. They supported him and supported the whole team.

"I made the decision to play Jerzy on Sunday night after the United game. I even kept it away from my assistant Phil Thompson that I wanted to play Jerzy. The best way to recover from a bad patch is to play games. They say when you have a car crash for example the advice is to get back into the car as soon as possible and drive. I thought the best way was to play him tonight and he responded.

"He kept us in the game in the first half and if we had gone 2-0 down God knows what would have happened. He also made a great save in the second half. It was a bit of psychology playing Jerzy and he did very well."

Cheesy

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2002, 06:08:32 AM »

Forest beat Ipswich 2:1 with 90 minutes of football. [ok]

Well done the Pool though and go Jerzey! [yes]

Axlhogg
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2002, 12:10:21 PM »

That's really cool, Wern.  I was kinda disappointed that the Arsenal fans never really did that with Seaman, though they generally were very supportive.

Satarday's game is absolutely huge.  Just for the record:  I think Man U will win 2-1. [no]
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2002, 02:59:05 PM »

That's really cool, Wern.  I was kinda disappointed that the Arsenal fans never really did that with Seaman, though they generally were very supportive.

Satarday's game is absolutely huge.  Just for the record:  I think Man U will win 2-1. [no]

Be quiet DTH... you are the favourites.

When was the last time any team was favourite to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford in the league..... Answer May 1992 when Leeds came to Old Trafford.... But the bookies make Arsenal Favs for the match.

I think it has something to do with No Keane, Butt, Rio and Unlikely to Start Beckham and Blanc.

Arsenal will win 2-1 IMO and the title will be over.... although i think the first goal is very important so c'mon RUUD

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: