Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:05:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 408503 times)
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2002, 07:25:23 AM »

No idea how we can be favourites.  We won at Old trafford last year, but that was different, that was spur of the moment championship winning stuff.  We won't win, but we're capable of getting a draw.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2002, 10:34:08 AM »

No idea how we can be favourites.  We won at Old trafford last year, but that was different, that was spur of the moment championship winning stuff.  We won't win, but we're capable of getting a draw.

Sorry but have a look at these line ups and tell me Arsenal are not Favourites:

Man Utd (at the best it can possibly be)

Barthez

G. Neville
Blanc
Brown
Silvestre

Solskjaer
Fortune
Scholes
Giggs

Forlan
Van Nistelrooy

Bench (worth mentioning)

Beckham (50/50)
O'shea
Veron

Arsenal

Seamen

Luzhny
Campbell
Keown / Cygan
Cole

Pires
Ljungberg
Vieria
Gilberto Silva

Henry
Bergkamp

Bench:

Cygan / Keown
Wiltord
Kanu
Edu
Lauren
Parlour

Sorry you have the far superior team..... If we had Butt or Keane i would think we might be able to get a draw but no way will we even do that. The only way we may squeeze a draw is if we score first and hold out.

IMO Man Utd has the best midfield in the World i.e. Beckham, Keane, Scholes and Giggs.... with Veron, butt and Fortune to back them up...... but i think Arsenal have the third best midfield in the world and they are fully fit so we are screwed.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Scat
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Headliner

I like my sugar with coffee and cream

« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2002, 01:15:56 PM »

Why is old Oleg playing? I take it Lauren is KO'd ?
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

I don't know if soon is the word...(FYI, IT'S NOT)

« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2002, 04:30:53 PM »

Arsenal

Seamen

According to Swedish newspapers, Shaaban will be in goal tomorrow...

So I send this song to the offended...
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2002, 12:38:21 PM »

Told you. [no]

Fair enough I suppose, you stopped us playing completely.  Still, You're getting plenty of luck these days.  First Dudek's mistake, and then that hand ball early on.  Cunting Man U...
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2002, 12:40:46 PM »

[rant]

I don't feel like saying anymore...

1 win in the last 8 PL-games... Angry

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2002, 09:28:48 AM »

Told you. [no]

Fair enough I suppose, you stopped us playing completely.  Still, You're getting plenty of luck these days.  First Dudek's mistake, and then that hand ball early on.  Cunting Man U...

GNRFAN is happy this weekend.

You earn luck and lately we have been earning it.

We toatally deserved to win yesterday. I agree Van Nistelrooy handballed it but Scholes was not offside.

Keown should have gone for trying to KO RUUD..... he got what he deserved when he deflected Scholes shot in for the 2nd goal.

Barthez madea that great save from Pires.

Phil Neville was superb i thought and IMO we were phisically to much for Arsenal.... Pires was getting clattered every time he got the ball.... Ljungberg never really got going... and Gilberto and Vieria were out played by Scholes, Neville and Veron in particular.

For me Patrick Vieria did not stand up and be counted yesterday which suprised me coz i think he is world class.... but then he does that in big matches away from home i think.

We are now 3 points behind and to win the league IMO we can only afford to lose 1 more game this season.

I still think its arsenals title but the last two weeks have made it more interesting definatly.

OH yeah we stopped them scoring to which is like the first time in 40 matches or summin amybe even more.... So well done:

Brown
Silvestre
G. Neville
O'shea

[/color]

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2002, 01:47:35 PM »

[gritted teeth] Well done, you deserved it [/gritted teeth]

Nah seriously, it was clear to see who wanted to win that game more.  Arsenal only really play well when the other team thinks that the Arse are better than them, and Man Utd came into that game believing (knowing?) that they were the better team.  That was exactly how to beat Arsenal and, IMO, the game could have been played ten more times and we'd have had the same result every time.

I also think that if we'd had a Champions league game in midweek we might have done better.  We don't like having gaps between playing, it knocks us out of our stride (not that we have much stride these days).

I've just about given up hope of seeing Shearer's goal now.  Have ITV shown their goal of the month competition yet?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2002, 04:50:58 PM »

[gritted teeth] Well done, you deserved it [/gritted teeth]

Nah seriously, it was clear to see who wanted to win that game more.  Arsenal only really play well when the other team thinks that the Arse are better than them, and Man Utd came into that game believing (knowing?) that they were the better team.  That was exactly how to beat Arsenal and, IMO, the game could have been played ten more times and we'd have had the same result every time.

I also think that if we'd had a Champions league game in midweek we might have done better.  We don't like having gaps between playing, it knocks us out of our stride (not that we have much stride these days).

I've just about given up hope of seeing Shearer's goal now.  Have ITV shown their goal of the month competition yet?

Its funny coz i think all the top teams are having bad patches.... Man Utd and Arsenal have had theirs and Liverpool are having theirs now. But Chelsea just seem to be on a golden streak.

I think you are right Utd knew they had to win the game to have a shot at the title as where arsenal knew they could afford to lose it.... Utd wanted it more and it showed i mean even Veron and Phil Neville were tackling [wow]

[/color]

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2002, 06:29:57 PM »

Hmmm, if this carries on, we'll be playing forest next season  Lips Sealed.
Really i don't know what to say, except, fucking Howard fucking Wilkinson. Angry

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #190 on: December 09, 2002, 06:38:56 PM »

In all fairness, you were shit before Howard Wilkinson showed up...
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #191 on: December 09, 2002, 06:42:59 PM »

In all fairness, you were shit before Howard Wilkinson showed up...

Yep you were shit way before Howard go this way. Although he is just a shocking manager.

I mean sunderland have some good players i think:

Phillips
Flo
Stewart
Gray
McCann
Arca (where has he gone)
Sorenson (Hes a really good keeper)

All those players could help most premiership squads i know Man Utd could do with Gray and Phillips

Hey DTH did you see Shearers goal on Monday Night Football tonight?

[/color]

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #192 on: December 09, 2002, 06:56:33 PM »

Dammit, no I didn't think of that. [rant]

I'm guessing they've done the goal of the month competition already.  Have they shown the winner yet?  Cause if so maybe he'll win, and i'll get to see it then...
GNRR2003
« Reply #193 on: December 09, 2002, 07:05:14 PM »

the thing that still ammuses me is that the board allowed reid to spend ?10 million weeks before he left, now wilko can do nothing but watch his pathetic side slide down into division 1.

i dont think you'll be playing forest either, they will be moving in the oppsite direction.

haha just seen his post match interview, more bollocks again  Cheesy
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #194 on: December 09, 2002, 07:16:21 PM »

Yeah, some of our players are actually decent, but mostly they're injured.
Phillips (has lost all conifdence, and i dont think man u need him)
Flo (can be good, can be crap, a bit inconsistent, will leave when we go down)
Stewart (well, he's in the reserves, which i dont think he likes, wouldnt be at all surprised if he leaves before the end of the season)
Gray (one of our best players (used to play for man u youth team gnrfan) now hes playing on the wing instead of left back, he is doing much better)
McCann (still not fully recovered from injury)
Arca (hes still injured, which sucks, he is awesome)
Sorenson (Hes an amazing keeper, but lost his form after the world cup 'incident')

PS. FTM (i get annoyed with newcastle when we lose  Angry)

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
GNRR2003
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2002, 07:11:34 AM »

you all forgot to mention Reyna, imo sunderlands best player. i thought flo was a good signing as well, if a little bit panicked, yet he has failed to show his worth as well.

over 9 hours without a goal!

another interesting fact, on itv last night they were talking about the title contenders, apparently liverpool have not had the same team, in two consecutive games for two years, two bloody years. that is very suprising, but maybe this is why liverpool strugle to win  the championship.
Scat
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Headliner

I like my sugar with coffee and cream

« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2002, 12:17:45 PM »

I dont get Arsenal at all, they are playing shit - yet are top of the league.  I think its Wenger not signing a good keeper -

Taylor will never ammount to anything more than a good division 1 keeper

Seaman passed it years ago

Shaaban has been thrown in at the deep end, no experience at all. Does Wenger really expect a keeper from Swedish part timers to be able to smoothly transist into Champ League football? I think not, and he is another foreign player from outside the EU - which is not what they need.

In the summer they should have nabbed Carini while they had the chance.

Not looking forward to the Nou Camp match this week. Barca are average domestically, but in Europe are top draw. If the defence can contain them I will be surprised.
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2002, 01:49:33 PM »

Shaaban has been thrown in at the deep end, no experience at all. Does Wenger really expect a keeper from Swedish part timers to be able to smoothly transist into Champ League football? I think not, and he is another foreign player from outside the EU - which is not what they need.

Hmm...Shaaban is Swedish/Egypt...and we in Sweden are EU-members so...

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #198 on: December 10, 2002, 03:26:04 PM »

over 9 hours without a goal!

Yeah, you jealous?

Yeah reyna is one of our best players, i think arca has more potential though, and will in time be a better player, but reyna has a bit more experience and at the moment is a better player.

LMAO at liverpool  [hihi]

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2002, 05:56:29 PM »

Yeah, some of our players are actually decent, but mostly they're injured.
Phillips (has lost all conifdence, and i dont think man u need him)

Gray (one of our best players (used to play for man u youth team gnrfan) now hes playing on the wing instead of left back, he is doing much better)
McCann (still not fully recovered from injury)
Arca (hes still injured, which sucks, he is awesome)
Sorenson (Hes an amazing keeper, but lost his form after the world cup 'incident')

Man U don't Need them .... but could do with them in the squad.

Hey DTH.... I can't believe you asked whether it won Goal of the Month..... Close the book on goal of the season IMO... Trust me you will see it eventully.

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: