Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 56056 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2007, 01:44:54 PM »

I am as big an Axlite as there is on this site. I originally got in to GNR because of Axl and a little bit Izzy. However, honestly, I really don't trust anything Axl says in regards to the album. You can spin the shit anyway you like-read what you want to read. He has led his fans down the primrose path since 2000 with multiple well documented references to imminent release of the album. Tentative is tentative and is no different to normal people than saying the album will be out in Fall 2006-"definitely". Definitely is more positive than tentative-correct? So, you guys can continue to spin spin away, but reality is, there is no release date set. Kiss

Well, here's to hoping that you are wrong.    no

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
madagas
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2007, 01:50:28 PM »

No, here is to hoping that he does what he says he's going to do. It has nothing to do with me. ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2007, 01:51:51 PM »

It all boils down to the fact that Axl said it takes eight weeks, it's now eight weeks before March 6th, do you think he'll make it? 

That remains to be seen.

The reason why I think it's "just" a tentative release date and not a definite one is because, if you read the letter again, it mentions various things that need to be sorted out before the release.

When the letter was written, those things weren't done.

So when he says: "With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date.", I think he means it.

March 6th isn't a promise, but they're gonna do everything possible to get it out then.

Obviously if it's out on March 7th, some will call him a liar....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2007, 01:53:19 PM »

what we should be sure is that they are doing their best to stick to the date.
If you don't feel the determination, you're not a fan but a denier, I'm afraid.

We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date.
CMY
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2007, 02:03:42 PM »

Just my $0.02, I think we're looking at April-May. I'd like to see it in March but the time frame is just too tight at this point.

At least I definitely know '07 is "the year". I'd love to say why but that would probably just start another shit storm on here.  confused
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2007, 02:08:03 PM »

i think everyone needs to relax. things are obviously in motion, Axl said we would be notified if theres any delays. when march comes and we havent heard anything, then we should start bitching.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2007, 02:09:55 PM »

Just my $0.02, I think we're looking at April-May. I'd like to see it in March but the time frame is just too tight at this point.

At least I definitely know '07 is "the year". I'd love to say why but that would probably just start another shit storm on here.  confused

Why does anyone think March is impossible at this point? It's not even February yet, there's still all sorts of time for a single and whatnot.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2007, 02:18:23 PM »

What a fan can do is to hope for the smooth progress for the band. ok Yeah all the best!
CMY
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2007, 02:25:29 PM »

Why does anyone think March is impossible at this point? It's not even February yet, there's still all sorts of time for a single and whatnot.

I don't think it's impossible.. but this album has been a long time in the making and they're still working on it. Combine that with the need to actually (physically) produce the final product and the fact that we're already under the 8 week mark... doesn't look good.

Also, I'd hope that we're going to get a spectacular final cut and not just a release that is 'so-so' and dictated by the need to get it out ASAP.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 02:27:39 PM by CMY » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2007, 02:27:59 PM »

Let's not forget the fact that a tentative release date is still much better than "it could just show up in the stores one day".

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2007, 02:40:41 PM »

I know I said I was done but this was just to hypocrytical for me to let it stand. Would you like me to dig up your posts from 3-4 months ago Jarmo? I thought it was coming in November? If we want to talk about people who have no involvment with the band yet speak as if it's the truth, you're a prime example? Grin

I might not know what's going on, but at least I don't make shit up in order to make myself feel better like you seem to do.

ok

/jarmo

You're so right Jarmo!!! Just read my posts and you'll see that everything I said was one big lie!!!  rofl
Sorry for lying to everybody here, Chinese Democracy is in stores right now!! Jarmo's right, I just said we don't have the album so that I could feel better about myself  Grin Axl did not lie to us and Beta/Merck did not help Axl draft the letter he gave us.
And on the topic of feeling better about ourselves by making stuff up; I bet you felt amazing after November came and went  peace

"Hey, Axl, put the thing out- it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver"
~Rolling Stone Magazine
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2007, 02:48:25 PM »

And where did jarmo say Chinese Democracy is in stores right now? Roll Eyes

I don't think it's impossible.. but this album has been a long time in the making and they're still working on it. Combine that with the need to actually (physically) produce the final product and the fact that we're already under the 8 week mark... doesn't look good.

Well To me, who's a sort that would try the best till the very last minute... and guess what, Id ever get better marks than those who stop writing and leave the exam room early, it just looks good. yes
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2007, 02:48:52 PM »

Counting back 8 weeks from March 6th, in order to determine an intermediate deadline in which to extract yet another press release from Axl is f*cking unreasonable.

We got our tenative release date . . . and sometime between now and then Axl will say something - "It's coming" or "it's not coming". You are not going to get daily updates.

Anyone that can't deal with that, should take a vacation from GNR.

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2007, 02:49:49 PM »

Also, I'd hope that we're going to get a spectacular final cut and not just a release that is 'so-so' and dictated by the need to get it out ASAP.

I dont think you have to worry about us getting a "so-so" final cut ??

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
CMY
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2007, 02:53:51 PM »

I dont think you have to worry about us getting a "so-so" final cut ??
My point is that if there is something that Axl wants to do he should do it (and not worry about meeting that early March date). A few more months won't kill anyone. Smiley 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2007, 02:55:45 PM »

Axl did not lie to us and Beta/Merck did not help Axl draft the letter he gave us.

Funny, last time you didn't use the word "draft". You said the letter was written by his assistant:

It doesn't mean I feel like it's okay to excuse all the lies by Axl and managment and kiss Axl's ass because his personal assistant wrote us a letter.

You can't even keep up with your own bullshit anymore.

And on the topic of feeling better about ourselves by making stuff up; I bet you felt amazing after November came and went

November was one of the highlights of the year for me. So yes....  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2007, 02:58:17 PM »

My point is that if there is something that Axl wants to do he should do it (and not worry about meeting that early March date). A few more months won't kill anyone. Smiley 

I'd rather it will kill some stalkers. Tongue
anythinggoes
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2007, 03:00:08 PM »

And on the topic of feeling better about ourselves by making stuff up; I bet you felt amazing after November came and went? peace

so when did Axl Management or anyone associated with the band say that the album will be out in November because i sure as hell missed that bombshell
EFISH
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2007, 03:01:22 PM »

Obviously if it's out on March 7th, some will call him a liar....

/jarmo
Which is why I think that even if they lose a few weeks of promotion to get to March 6th, I think they'd want to keep that date because it'd look real good to get it out on that very date he announced. So, even if we get an announcement in 3 weeks, I think unless it's impossible to get it out then.....March 6th will be the day.  beer
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2007, 03:03:11 PM »

Axl did not lie to us and Beta/Merck did not help Axl draft the letter he gave us.

Funny, last time you didn't use the word "draft". You said the letter was written by his assistant:

It doesn't mean I feel like it's okay to excuse all the lies by Axl and managment and kiss Axl's ass because his personal assistant wrote us a letter.

You can't even keep up with your own bullshit anymore.

And on the topic of feeling better about ourselves by making stuff up; I bet you felt amazing after November came and went

November was one of the highlights of the year for me. So yes....? peace

/jarmo

I used draft as verb Jarmo, meaning to write. Which in that case would mean exactly what I posted before. You are really an extremely intelligent person!!!
Before you refute something I say, next time learn the difference between a verb and a noun ?Tongue Seems like you're the one who can't keep up with my "bullshit" ?peace

/vince  rofl

"Hey, Axl, put the thing out- it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver"
~Rolling Stone Magazine
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: