Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:15:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Question to Jarmo (Slash related)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question to Jarmo (Slash related)  (Read 18182 times)
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2007, 11:30:56 AM »

What I don't understand is how people consider Slash putting his hands in some cement important news.

yeah funny, would you be saying the same if it was axl?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2007, 11:39:03 AM »

What I don't understand is how people consider Slash putting his hands in some cement important news.

Cause of what it means. It's not just cement. Get a clue.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2007, 11:40:11 AM »

It means he's getting credited for something by something I've never heard of?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2007, 11:47:30 AM »

So if you haven't heard about it why comment?

www.rosesofvelvet.com
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2007, 12:08:38 PM »

Because I don't understand what the huge deal is because I haven't even heard of this amazing honour.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2007, 12:16:53 PM »

I kind of see where they're coming from, but I still agree. Even though the forum would be going apeshit if it was Axl putting his hands in some cement. hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2007, 12:19:55 PM »

Getting over the classic band's break-up has nothing to do with having problems when very_important_Slash news don't make the first page.

Maybe I didn't think it was really important? I don't know if I heard of this thing before.....

Maybe I had other things on my mind?

Maybe you're only assuming things without actually knowing shit?

It's great that a lot of things happened last year in the current GN'R's world (although some of the major things were censored, like Merck's open letter) and it's normal, it's obvious that a Guns N' Roses Fan Site focus mainly on the current Guns N' Roses.

Censored?

I didn't censor the letter. I chose not to post it.

But this site wouldn't be here without Slash&Co so they deserve respect and publicity.

They get plenty of respect. That's why they're mentioned all over the site.

I think when something important is happenin' with the guys who are no longer in the band but made major contributions (to name them: Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt and Steven) it has to be on the first page.

Unfortunately for you, you don't run the site.

When a band that has 3 of the important ex-members make blogs on their official site which contains new stuff, it has to be on the first page.

No it doesn't.

It's a new band. They're trying hard to make it about that band and not based on them being former GN'R members.

And since right now nothing much happenin' in the world of the current GN'R, at least not much for the public, there is enough room for the bigger ex-member news. (I don't get the 'too much happenin' with GN'R right now, there is no place for ex-members' thing though.)

Get used to seeing less VR news on this site as long as GN'R is active.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2007, 12:40:27 PM »

It means he's getting credited for something by something I've never heard of?

here it is: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42143.0 
That?s just normal you didn?t know about this, if you don?t go often to the VR part of the board... that?s why this whole thread started... Cos nowhere, but in the VR section, was this news posted (now is is in the homepage though http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1754   Smiley).         

Balance?

I think that's an utopia. You can't please everybody.

It's 2007 and if the band is as active this year as they were last year, the focus will be on the current band on this board. It's natural.

I'm not gonna start telling people to post more about the old band when people are excited about a show or some other current news, just to keep the so called balance.

I was a fan back when the original line up was around, I remember the days of UYI and "TSI?". That doesn't mean I can't move on and be excited about the current band.

To me it seems like many people haven't gotten over what happened over ten years ago.

/jarmo

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question... I know you got more to do but I just think this is important stuff that needs to be discussed. I understand your point of view, really... It?s just  that sometimes I think fans like me (who are very excited about the new band, and CD, and the tour and all that, but keep having the old band in their hearts, never forgetting it) kinda don?t have space on this board... It?s just a weird feeling... That?s why I mentioned the balance thing, so we could all feel good here. But I know it?s impossible to please everybody and all that, but it was already good we got to discuss this... really. ok

Just to finish, I noticed many posts here that sound kinda hypocrite like "Slash who?" and others that make me wonder if you really think that way or just post that stuff to sound cool or other shit like that... It?s just sady anyway... no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2007, 01:04:34 PM »

That?s just normal you didn?t know about this, if you don?t go often to the VR part of the board... that?s why this whole thread started... Cos nowhere, but in the VR section, was this news posted (now is is in the homepage though http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1754   Smiley).         

I saw the thread ages ago, I read pretty much everything.

I just meant, the "LA Rockwalk" or whatever doesn't sound particuarly prestigious or exciting considering I've never heard of it and that he was inducted with Dio and a drummer I've never heard of.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »

ok... my bad then  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2007, 02:05:52 PM »

Maybe I didn't think it was really important? I don't know if I heard of this thing before.....
Alot of people in america know of this. And we'd like to hear about it

Alot of people think its important. I do! This site is about Guns N' Roses. Including Old Members and New.
Thats whats cool ablout sites like these. We include everything about GN'R, New or Old. You know there is more Gn'R material (Music, Articles, Pictures and Info.) About the old band On the net, Than there is about the new one anyway. If Axl got the "new stuff" rolling it might change. But So far it hasn't, other than some live shows.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2007, 02:08:35 PM »

I just meant, the "LA Rockwalk" or whatever doesn't sound particuarly prestigious or exciting considering I've never heard of it and that he was inducted with Dio and a drummer I've never heard of.

honestly, i'd never heard of it either up until this whole slash fiasco and all these whiners complaining that tommy stinson gets more preference than slash on a guns n roses site. 

some should find a slash site or a velvet revolver site or something.    its not about disrespecting the ex-members,  I respect all of them and everything they did in the band.   but this is not really not about them anymore, as most of them chose to leave for other projects.   
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2007, 02:09:15 PM »

You don't have TSI Will?

I do, but I only really like Ain't It Fun, which is on GH...Wink As for Lies, all of them (acoustic part) are on my Live Unplugged CD which is also on my MP3 player.

I think there's a balance here on the board. People can talk about Slash and co. in their section, I don't know what we can do more.

Oh, okay. I pretty much agree with u there.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
EstrangedReality
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2007, 02:34:04 PM »

No offense, but I don't think the value or importance of an honour should be decided by whether or not you have personally heard of it before.

No disrespect meant. It just seems like odd reasoning to me.

And I'm not saying the news should be featured on the main page of the site, that's up to Jarmo.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2007, 03:02:29 PM »

honestly, i'd never heard of it either up until this whole slash fiasco and all these whiners complaining that tommy stinson gets more preference than slash on a guns n roses site. 

some should find a slash site or a velvet revolver site or something.    its not about disrespecting the ex-members,  I respect all of them and everything they did in the band.   but this is not really not about them anymore, as most of them chose to leave for other projects.   

I'm all for Tommy having news on the site or any other current member. I just think if something like this comes up it should be featured for any member past or present.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2007, 03:35:55 AM »

As Slash got that award for the work he did in Guns n' Roses, I personally think it is Gn'R-news. But anyway it's not a big deal.. Jarmo runs this site so it's his decision, it doesn't mean he doesn't respect the guy. There's alot going on right now so I kinda understand why it's not posted on frontpage, but maybe two years back it would've been. Blaaeeh. Dead Horse.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2007, 10:13:59 AM »

the hatred for the old band is a bit disturbing at times considering that GnR got all their fame from the orig members not just Axl, and IMO certain members should give credit where credit is due...but they won't an such is life...i get over it

ALSO ...this site has evolved into more of a place for Axl and the new band to be discussed...its not really surprising to me that Slash news isn't reported on the main page...anybody that cares about Slash news reads the VR section anyway peace

the rock walk is a pretty big deal lots of inductees on it check out their list of hand prints http://www.rockwalk.com/inductees/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 10:16:33 AM by Neemo » Logged

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2007, 10:49:43 AM »

ALSO ...this site has evolved into more of a place for Axl and the new band to be discussed...

Quite normal, since this is a GN'R site. And GN'R is not a dead band from the past, it's alive and well, and it's out there. (Btw, this is not aimed at you Neemo, I just quoted you for this particular sentence ok).

Regarding the fact that this Slash news should or should not be posted on the main page of HTGTH, I think it shouldn't.

Because Slash isn't in the band anymore (I'm so tired of writing that down, I think it's the 10,000,000th time).

I mean, I know what the fuck he did for the band, I've been a fan since the end of the 80's, but it is as a GN'R fan that I don't want to see his name on the news of the front page. (This is no paradox).

As a GN'R fan, the GN'R from early 80's till nowadays, I want news regarding the band nowadays. So no Slash, thankx.

I don't want no VR news, I don't follow that band, and this ain't a VR site.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2007, 11:10:01 AM »

ALSO ...this site has evolved into more of a place for Axl and the new band to be discussed...

Quite normal, since this is a GN'R site. And GN'R is not a dead band from the past, it's alive and well, and it's out there. (Btw, this is not aimed at you Neemo, I just quoted you for this particular sentence ok).

Its all cool...

Regarding the fact that this Slash news should or should not be posted on the main page of HTGTH, I think it shouldn't.

i agree ... if its VR news but....

As a GN'R fan, the GN'R from early 80's till nowadays, I want news regarding the band nowadays. So no Slash, thankx.

I don't want no VR news, I don't follow that band, and this ain't a VR site.

he was inducted mainly for his contributions to GnR in the 80's and 90's thus honoring AFD and UYI's...that should be of at least passing interest to any GnR fan IMO peace

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2007, 11:41:36 AM »

he was inducted mainly for his contributions to GnR in the 80's and 90's thus honoring AFD and UYI's...that should be of at least passing interest to any GnR fan IMO peace

I would agree if it had happened while he was still in the band, but he hasn't been for over 10 years.

So what you're saying is, if any of the ex members get any little award, no matter how small it is for the stuff they did while they were in gnr they should get mentioned? Don't you think the site would be cluttered with that shit then?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: