Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:08:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Variety in Future Live Shows...the 'next level'???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Variety in Future Live Shows...the 'next level'???  (Read 1121 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« on: January 25, 2007, 08:38:38 AM »

I got to thinking the other day about remarks that have been made from some of the band members regarding the various different styles they've been arranging/performing their new material. I believe it was Dizzy who said that there were several different versions of many of the songs slated for the new album(s). In fact, we've even seen a little bit of that, I think, in the subtle differences in 'Chinese Democracy' and 'The Blues' from the '02 to '06 tours. Whether these subtle changes constitute different 'versions', I don't know. But I think we can all agree that the style KOHD has been played in recent years is a far cry from their version in the early 90's. I believe 'I.R.S.' and 'The Blues' were also played at the acoustic shows in NYC and London.

My point is, IF there are, in fact, clearly different versions of all the forthcoming material (ie: album version, single version, acoustic stripped down version, orchestral/synth version etc.) perhaps their live shows over the years will become something even more special...meaning, not only could they pull from a wider catalogue, but you could hear one of maybe 3 or 4 different versions of a song, potentially making each show unique. Even if they stuck to a limited setlist as on recent tours, you could potentially hear/see a completely different show from one night to the next.

If I'm right, I think this could be a really magical thing. I don't know of many bands that play 3 to 4 different versions of their own material live. Sure, changes are made, intros are added, solos extended, etc....but if we use the two versions of KOHD as an example, I think GN'R could be among the first bands to do this.

Could this be the supposed 'next level' Axl was referring to back in his '04 press release (I think it was '04 anyway)?

What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:40:37 AM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:12:16 PM »

i also think that is what will make buying the singles... imagine when 'the blues' is a single. there can be 4 or 5 versions included as well as a b-side. this isn't like electronic/club music single where you get different versions that are all basically the same (you know a version thats just the bassline, one thats a DJ mix, a dub mix ect...). the only thing that could be the same here is the lyrics. i think that could be pretty interesting. much debate could follow (for fans) as to which version they like best.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: