Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:14:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoucement for new show(s)..will it include a final release date?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoucement for new show(s)..will it include a final release date?  (Read 4768 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: February 03, 2007, 02:42:14 AM »

The thing that got me the most excited about GN'R getting back on the road again is not that they're playing, but the possibility of another letter letting us know the status of CD.  I'm pretty sure we'll get a concrete statement on the album before more shows are announced, kind of like a bunch of annoucements at once.  I mean who knows with GN'R, but hopefully the next letter from Axl/GN'R will contain not only the FINAL release date and album info. but future world tour plans.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 02:49:11 AM »

Yea I got excited hearing that their playing in South Africa that got me thinking that something big is coming up hopefully.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 02:56:03 AM »

I'm just hoping GN'R is preparing a press release for the album release date along with new world tour plans.  Anyone else think this is going to happen or is it just wishful thinking?
elmir
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 03:00:19 AM »

well, if he says anything at these shows, you'll be the first to know. hihi
although it would be nice if they said something beforehand.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 03:13:26 AM »

hmm, lets hope we get some nice boots of the shows in South Africa...

Does anybody know if south Africa is a bootleg country like usa and europe etC?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 04:05:31 AM »

Im really curious of what the setlist for the SA shows are gonna be.  I don't think Axl would go back to the same setlist as last year im pretty sure about that but I think they might incoporate 9 out of the 13 tracks from Chinese Democracy and then play some of their classic stuff.  It will be intresting to see this is really exciting.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 04:43:32 AM »

Im really curious of what the setlist for the SA shows are gonna be.  I don't think Axl would go back to the same setlist as last year im pretty sure about that but I think they might incoporate 9 out of the 13 tracks from Chinese Democracy and then play some of their classic stuff.  It will be intresting to see this is really exciting.

They have never played in south africa.  I would imagine they are getting the traditional setlist, which is probably what most people would want anyways.   but we'll see i guess.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 07:28:14 AM »

hmm, lets hope we get some nice boots of the shows in South Africa...

Does anybody know if south Africa is a bootleg country like usa and europe etC?

Metallica played there last year and nothing came about , as far as bootlegs
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 07:36:54 AM »

Essentially i think they are going to do South America, Australia, Asia - tour those areas of the world until the Summer roles around. It doesnt make any sense buisness wise to tour those areas of the world upon the release of a 14 year in the making album. Once that half of the tour is up, they will have some downtime, say between June and September. Heavy promo will be done during those months in N America and Europe, possibly a mini tour, release, then a major tour probably kicking off around Europe for the summer festivals in July, then back to the US, then the world.

March is definitly not going to happen, a major ball would have started rolling weeks ago.

Jonx

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 08:10:30 AM »

Essentially i think they are going to do South America, Australia, Asia - tour those areas of the world until the Summer roles around. It doesnt make any sense buisness wise to tour those areas of the world upon the release of a 14 year in the making album. Once that half of the tour is up, they will have some downtime, say between June and September. Heavy promo will be done during those months in N America and Europe, possibly a mini tour, release, then a major tour probably kicking off around Europe for the summer festivals in July, then back to the US, then the world.

March is definitly not going to happen, a major ball would have started rolling weeks ago.

Jonx

i actually dont think they will start tour again before the album is released, or near released.. so i think that late March early April is a good shoot! Looks like things are getting toghether now! The first tourdates etc. I feel the announcement is getting closer, cloooser!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 08:12:19 AM »

What excites me the most about new dates being announced is the ASSUMPTION that CD must be done, or at least wrapping up.  If the band cancelled the Jan. dates to make sure the album could be finished, I can't see them announcing new dates unless work on the album has been completed.  For that reason alone, I see any announcement about upcoming shows as spectacular news.
madagas
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 08:14:17 AM »

NYTunz, I love you buddy, but how many times can you say "they can't start a tour without an album?" ?hihi rofl They have done it before and can do it again.....remember, throw logic out the door! beer That being said, I bet they get paid a nice chunk of change to do these shows. ?ok
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 08:20:21 AM »

NYTunz, I love you buddy, but how many times can you say "they can't start a tour without an album?" ?hihi rofl They have done it before and can do it again.....remember, throw logic out the door! beer That being said, I bet they get paid a nice chunk of change to do these shows. ?ok

haha.. yeah, i know.. the history isnt that bright when it comes to touring for a new album. Overthinking overanalyzing seperates the body from the mind  rofl
Im just livin my positiv role in this forum.. But like someone above said, since they cancelled the last 4 dates to finish the album, it kinda makes a littlebit sence too  Wink  ok smoking

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 08:25:03 AM »

I believe that these South African shows, and possibly the shows in Brazil will primarily be played as warmup shows for the band to shake off the thin layer of dust since the end of last year's tour, with Chinese Democracy, and hopefully a big North American tour soon to follow.. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:30:01 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 08:37:01 AM »

I'm just hoping GN'R is preparing a press release for the album release date along with new world tour plans.? Anyone else think this is going to happen or is it just wishful thinking?

I think so

What excites me the most about new dates being announced is the ASSUMPTION that CD must be done, or at least wrapping up. If the band cancelled the Jan. dates to make sure the album could be finished, I can't see them announcing new dates unless work on the album has been completed. For that reason alone, I see any announcement about upcoming shows as spectacular news.

My thoughts exactly, they cancelled the Jan dates to finish the album and the scheduling of new dates must mean the album is finished or will be finished by the April date. I suspect promo to start shortly before the April shows, use those shows as a warm up then tour the world. Love to at those shows.  Grin

"to live with fortune and fame"
madagas
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 08:37:30 AM »

Tunz, got Lateralus on in the car right now....still kicks my ass every time. Quite frankly, my wait for a new Gnr record has been eased because I got in to Tool. Still haven't seen them live but hopefully it will be this year. peace
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 08:56:25 AM »

Wow, thats all exciting. South Africa, United States, Brazil, Europe, Asia... maybe they're planning a world tour  Shocked

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 11:31:32 AM »

It would be a slap in the face to all of us if the band went to Africa without a release date set for the CD. Axl says the last few dates of the U.S. tour needed to be cancelled so he could make final preparations on 'Chinese Democracy'. There should be no excuses.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
EFISH
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 11:33:11 AM »

I'm just hoping GN'R is preparing a press release for the album release date along with new world tour plans.  Anyone else think this is going to happen or is it just wishful thinking?
Yeah.

They'll probably give the real announement for the CD and then what theyre planning on doing for 2007.........but I doubt theyve booked many shows yet, but I'm sure they have a good idea where they're going. Smiley
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »

Well this is it....or is it?

? I'm not quoting but in Axls letter he mentioned that he only agreed to do the 2006 tour if it would not interfere with the release of the album. I guess these shows in RSA could be proof that CD? is in fact done and has been/will be handed over (very soon) to the record company. And packed up for release in 8 weeks time.

? I think they can play anywhere in the world during the release of the album... wouldn't a Hong Kong show on the release date be just amazing - even better if it was broadcast on the net or MTV. I don't know the travelling is killer If this is not a one off trip you would think from Africa they could go on to Asia and you would think they would want to hit as many places they could, Mainland, Japan, Australia. If they were to go that route it could be a while till they get back to the US.

? In? my opinion the music industry is much more "Global" than it was 15? years ago. You here about lots of bands doing quite alot of special events and shows overseas it's not always in the US. If you compare the Live 8 line ups the Philly show was by far the weakest.

? After doing the US and Canada and after being in Europe all summer maybe they want to go to other places and from a business standpoint maybe it makes more sense to play to 20-30000 people in Shanghai than it does trying to get 10000 to go in Ohio, Like many have said the band has played 5 shows in NYC this year alone, along with the Medowlands which is only a half hour away . I could see a second US tour coming together in the summer...hell that's not far away if they were to spend May in Asia/Australia come June maybe a second single? ok

And set the States on Fire till Christmas..... what would ther be to bitch about?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 12:19:51 PM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: