Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:45:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  finck: not the studio guy?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: finck: not the studio guy?  (Read 20987 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2007, 01:26:12 PM »

that quote is a strange 1 from axl. he said he wanted to make a more trad Appetite type thing, but didnt slash say in an interview that he wanted to do summat hard and fast with very few ballads, but that axl wanted to go a different way?

see what im sayin? it seems they both claim to have wanted the same thing. but also diferent things. or am i makin a mistake in timing, as i know minds change over time sometimes. especially axls. he has been called fickle for that, but i just think he wants to do a lot, so its hard to focus.

If you read the whole interview you can see Axl may have a slightly different idea on what Appetite is than Slash.

Still to this day he claims to have made a GN'R record, and as he says;AFD is the GN'R record. I doubt Slash would consider I.R.S and Madagascar something inspired by Appetite. But apparently Axl does.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2007, 01:28:46 PM »

I know he said "slash" but he didn't say he had been trying to find a guitarist that could replicate Slash's sound as far as I can remember.

Well, if you know what article I'm talkin about, go and read it. It's been awhile since I have. But, I do know that Axl did comment on Slash's distinct sound and he always knew that trying to replicate that same sound would be difficult. Those ARE NOT exact words but it is right along those lines.

/bringbackadler

well...  if i remember correctly, it was something along the lines of not being able to work with slash anymore and after him leaving trying to find an equal replacement or something like that.

that means a gifted guitarist, not someone copying slash

edit:  thanks polluxlm ok

I was not implying Axl was looking for a Slash copy. Unfortunately, that is not possible. If that was in fact what you were implying.

/bringbackadler

To replicate something is to copy it innit? Huh

Also I thought there were many copy bands with guitarists that replicate slash's sound pretty well available if he wanted.

thanks polluxlm for the quote.  Tongue
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2007, 02:07:20 PM »

that quote is a strange 1 from axl. he said he wanted to make a more trad Appetite type thing, but didnt slash say in an interview that he wanted to do summat hard and fast with very few ballads, but that axl wanted to go a different way?

see what im sayin? it seems they both claim to have wanted the same thing. but also diferent things. or am i makin a mistake in timing, as i know minds change over time sometimes. especially axls. he has been called fickle for that, but i just think he wants to do a lot, so its hard to focus.

If you read the whole interview you can see Axl may have a slightly different idea on what Appetite is than Slash.

Still to this day he claims to have made a GN'R record, and as he says;AFD is the GN'R record. I doubt Slash would consider I.R.S and Madagascar something inspired by Appetite. But apparently Axl does.

i dont think he explicitly linked the CD sound to the AFD sound did he? he just said cd is a gnr album. which it is. but probably one that has more in common with UYI 1&2 than AFD.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2007, 02:09:01 PM »

I know he said "slash" but he didn't say he had been trying to find a guitarist that could replicate Slash's sound as far as I can remember.

Well, if you know what article I'm talkin about, go and read it. It's been awhile since I have. But, I do know that Axl did comment on Slash's distinct sound and he always knew that trying to replicate that same sound would be difficult. Those ARE NOT exact words but it is right along those lines.

/bringbackadler

well...? if i remember correctly, it was something along the lines of not being able to work with slash anymore and after him leaving trying to find an equal replacement or something like that.

that means a gifted guitarist, not someone copying slash

edit:? thanks polluxlm ok

I was not implying Axl was looking for a Slash copy. Unfortunately, that is not possible. If that was in fact what you were implying.

/bringbackadler

To replicate something is to copy it innit? Huh

Also I thought there were many copy bands with guitarists that replicate slash's sound pretty well available if he wanted.

thanks polluxlm for the quote.? Tongue

I'm sorry that you can't understand me, ppbebe ?

Rose: Well, not really.... Not to make a true Guns record. It's kind of like, I don't know, if you know somebody has a relationship, and there's difficulties in that, and Mr. or Mrs. Right doesn't kind of just stumble into their path, or they don't stumble across that person, they can't really get on with things. Somebody didn't come into my radar that would have really replaced Slash in a proper way.

According to Axl's quote, I suppose there WEREN' T many "copy band guitarists" that would do Slash justice in Axl's opinion. ? Tongue

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2007, 02:23:06 PM »

Or maybe you don't understand axl, bringbackadler?

You keep contradicting yourself.
Didn't you just say Axl wasn't looking for a Slash copy in the earlier post? Huh
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2007, 02:43:45 PM »

Didn't you just say Axl wasn't looking for a Slash copy in the earlier post? Huh

I'm sorry again ppbebe that you are failing to understand this.

Let me try a little harder for you. I never stated Axl was looking for a Slash copy.

I was simply trying to state that Axl acknowledged Slash's departure as a reason for the hold up on the album. Understand ? Yes, I did use the word replicate, and like I said, those were not exact words. It was simply something in that direction.

I suppose that you are just angry that polluxlm posted the interview and it bothers you what Axl said.
Whether you agree or disagree, I personally care less. If you would like to continue w/ this, I suppose the dead horse is the place. I'm just trying to save Jarmo's finger from having to type it.

/bringbackadler

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 04:06:09 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2007, 03:02:19 PM »

Robin seems to have novel ideas. mm maybe axl-robin-chris have been quite studio bound?
I expect every members input to be heard on cd and its followers.? yes

Axl has stated in a past interview (2000, 2001. I believe) that one one? the major hold-ups with the album was trying to find a guitarist that could replicate Slash's sound

Where did he say that?? Huh

You know, I hate when someone is unable to provide a source. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people at the moment. I BELIEVE (all aplogies if I'm wrong) Axl said it to Kurt Koder during an interview around 2000-2001. The question was "So, what's the holdup." Axl responded, "Slash !"

Can anyone help me on this one. I'd appreciate it. Even the way he said "Slash !!" was funny.

/bringbackadler

I actually think what he said was that he knew no one could replicate Slash's sound, so he was having trouble finding someone who could successfully replace Slash without replicating Slash's sound.  Like Dave Navarro... just as good as Slash, but with a completely different sound which would work just as well in the context of Guns N' Roses.
Basically, he didn't want someone who played the same style as Slash, because he couldn't get anyone as good.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2007, 03:59:14 PM »

i dont think he explicitly linked the CD sound to the AFD sound did he? he just said cd is a gnr album. which it is. but probably one that has more in common with UYI 1&2 than AFD.

He mentions how he thinks UYI is the sound of a dying band. Therefore he wanted to recreate Appetite by bringing in different styles and working on it long enough to sound right. That's the summary.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2007, 04:05:50 PM »

Let me try a little harder for you. I never stated Axl was looking for a Slash copy.

I was simply trying to state that Axl acknowledged Slash's departure as a reason for the hold up on the album. Understand ? Yes, I did use the word replicate and like I said, those were not exact words, it was simply something in that direction.

I suppose that you are just angry that polluxlm posted the interview and it bothers you what Axl said.
Whether you agree or disagree, I personally care less. If you would like to continue w/ this, I suppose the dead horse is the place. I'm just trying to save Jarmo's finger from having to type it.

/bringbackadler

Why should I be angry about the article that clearly proves my point that Axl didn't state that he was trying to find a guitarist that could replicate Slash's sound.  Roll Eyes
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2007, 04:08:43 PM »

I was simply trying to state that Axl acknowledged Slash's departure as a reason for the hold up on the album. Understand ? Yes, I did use the word replicate and like I said, those were not exact words, it was simply something in that direction.

/bringbackadler

Why should I be angry about the article that clearly proves my point that Axl didn't state that he was trying to find a guitarist that could replicate Slash's sound.? Roll Eyes

It's funny how YOU were the only person that seems to have failed to understand this. I guess my parents were right. That degree did come in handy.   ok

chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2007, 04:22:17 PM »

He mentions how he thinks UYI is the sound of a dying band. Therefore he wanted to recreate Appetite by bringing in different styles and working on it long enough to sound right. That's the summary.

I think he mentioned the sound of a band dying regarding Sympathy of the Devil....not the UYI set. And that was from that behind the music Axl bashing at it's finest. Whatever...The thread is about FINCK

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2007, 04:29:01 PM »

? I think he mentioned the sound of a band dying regarding Sympathy of the Devil....not the UYI set. And that was from that behind the music Axl bashing at it's finest. Whatever...The thread is about FINCK

It was UYI, read it.

And the sound of CD is Finck related.

green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2007, 06:02:36 PM »

Some pople really try hard to act that they know what Axl is thinking about Cd and band members but atlast bottomline is that you mofo don't know shit about it.So why don't you do a favor and stop making your own story like"Oh Axl thinks........".cuz this is ridiculous.
THANKYOU
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »

Some pople really try hard to act that they know what Axl is thinking about Cd and band members but atlast bottomline is that you mofo don't know shit about it.So why don't you do a favor and stop making your own story like"Oh Axl thinks........".cuz this is ridiculous.
THANKYOU

No. Thank YOU.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: