Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 03:42:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Official Rob Zombie's Halloween Thread(with new pic of michael myers)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official Rob Zombie's Halloween Thread(with new pic of michael myers)  (Read 14116 times)
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2007, 11:36:13 PM »

I downloaded this off of torrent. (May 15th version) and i have to say the beginning sucks ass. The young Micheal Myers is a hyper ADD kid who talks way too much. Im about a half hour in.

yeah but isnt that just a rough uncut version or something? the theatrical release will be different i think than the one that leaked.

I dont know but Zombie didnt do a decent job on Myer's childhood.

damn...

well i'd love to hear ur opinion  when its over. i hope it gets better.

oh and warn us if u include spoilers lol .

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2007, 12:40:53 AM »

yeah those are two diffrent prints. The leak is from a test screening ...... They went and shot some new stuff in june I think to fix things ...

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2007, 02:05:13 AM »

Cant wait for tomorrow  ok
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2007, 02:22:59 PM »

The escape scene i have a hard time believing it makes theatres so it could be a much different film i am watching, but it does start to pick up after Micheal leaves the hospital.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2007, 10:47:18 PM »

Anytime a movie has reshoots u know it sucks.

This movie was ok but the Original Destroys it.

The kid scenes were nicely done in some ways but The movie was garbage once he became a grown up.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2007, 03:23:18 AM »

Anytime a movie has reshoots u know it sucks.

This movie was ok but the Original Destroys it.

The kid scenes were nicely done in some ways but The movie was garbage once he became a grown up.

*Spoilers*

So in the escape scene...did the security guards bring in a teenage patient and start banging her in Micheals cell? (hey Michael...come get some PUSSY!!!) Then micheal gets pissed off at all the commotion and kills everyone. Thats what happened on the version i DL'd.

He also slits a nurses throat as a child while at the hospital which was laughably bad.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 03:27:59 AM by jabba2 » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2007, 10:05:51 AM »

Reviews from Yahoo Users seem to be pretty decent:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809784517/user

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2007, 10:38:52 AM »

Let me start by saying I am a huge fan of the Halloween series and horror films in general and I really loved Rob's first 2 movies. Understandably I have been insanely excited about this movie for about a year. While it wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, I have to say I really was incredibly disappointed. This film has absoltely nothing on either of the first 2 films. It probably ranks somewhere in the much lesser films like 4 or 5. There is nothing scary about it. It goes more for gore and violence than ever actually building any kind of suspense or actually fear. Rob made Michael Myers way to human. The first half of the film is devoted to him as a child and is kind of boring. Towards the end of the movie I honestly was kind of waiting for it to end. I always liked the mystique surrounding Michael, never hearing him speak and stuff like "Samhain" on the chalkboard in II lets you draw your own conclusions about what made him Michael Myers. I for one always enjoyed thinking of him as some sort of demon born onto earth instead of just thinking of him as a run o' the mill psycho, which is how he is made to be in this latest version. It's worth waiting for video.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2007, 11:58:37 AM »

Let me start by saying I am a huge fan of the Halloween series and horror films in general and I really loved Rob's first 2 movies. Understandably I have been insanely excited about this movie for about a year. While it wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, I have to say I really was incredibly disappointed. This film has absoltely nothing on either of the first 2 films. It probably ranks somewhere in the much lesser films like 4 or 5. There is nothing scary about it. It goes more for gore and violence than ever actually building any kind of suspense or actually fear. Rob made Michael Myers way to human. The first half of the film is devoted to him as a child and is kind of boring. Towards the end of the movie I honestly was kind of waiting for it to end. I always liked the mystique surrounding Michael, never hearing him speak and stuff like "Samhain" on the chalkboard in II lets you draw your own conclusions about what made him Michael Myers. I for one always enjoyed thinking of him as some sort of demon born onto earth instead of just thinking of him as a run o' the mill psycho, which is how he is made to be in this latest version. It's worth waiting for video.

wow, these were my thoughts exactly, i cringed when they played "love hurts." it was so disappointing, i thought if anyone could do the original justice, it would be zombie. there was also no character development for laurie, he spent too much time on mikes childhood and sort of rushed through act 2 to get to the dragged out ending...the original will always rule all!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 12:29:33 PM by GNRslave » Logged

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2007, 02:49:30 PM »

And again my shit ass theatre dosent get a movie I want to see  rant

I'll see it in a month  Roll Eyes
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »

I saw this shitbomb last night......Let me once again reiterate my point to Mr. Zombie:

DO NOT, Quit your day job!!!

Stick to the singing bub, because your movies suck ass.

This makes strike three and a total of about $30 that Mr. Zombie has stolen from me, plus six hours of life after watching his movies.  I did some justice by coming directly home and watching the original Halloween. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2007, 10:48:33 AM »

wow, these were my thoughts exactly, i cringed when they played "love hurts." it was so disappointing, i thought if anyone could do the original justice, it would be zombie. there was also no character development for laurie, he spent too much time on mikes childhood and sort of rushed through act 2 to get to the dragged out ending...the original will always rule all!!

Yeah I agree 100%, he did rush through Laurie. And is it just me or did he do a poor job in making her even somewhat likeable? She came off as really obnoxious to me. The original will always rule alll!!!! It's way better than any of the freddies or jasons or anything else. Hellraiser gets closest but still can't touch the original Halloween.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2007, 10:04:17 PM »

While I "enjoyed" this movie, I honestly don't think it's nearly as good as the original Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: