Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:04:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why Do You Think Axl Really Kept the Guns N' Roses name?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Do You Think Axl Really Kept the Guns N' Roses name?  (Read 12442 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 10:13:43 PM »

because the name Guns N' Roses is just so damn cool headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 02:12:05 AM »

Probably because GNR never broke up the way most bands do.  The Appetite lineup disbanded one member at a time over a span of many years.  Steven was kicked it, it was still GnR.  Izzy left, it was still GnR.  Slash left, it was still GnR.  Duff left and Matt quit/got kicked out, it was still GnR and still is because GnR never officially broke up and the man who owns the rights to the name is still in the band. 

I think that if Izzy, Slash, Duff and Matt all came together and quit the band at the same time then Axl wouldn't still be using the name.  But I think the reason that Axl has chosen to kept the name, regardless of what anyone else thinks, is because he doesn't feel like he should have to give up on something (Guns N Roses) he still believes in just because the old members all left the band over a 7-8 year period.  It's a pretty unique situation, although not unprecedented.  For example Ian Paice is the only person who's been in every version of Deep Purple
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 09:11:28 AM »

I think he'd have a better reputation had he just started another band, maybe some kind of super group, or just solo stuff.

agreed

absolutelytrue
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 11:26:21 AM »

Axl might have had a greater interest in the type of songs the other did not want to do that went on to be great hits.  He did mention that in the past.  Maybe a larger share in whole aside from the group as well?

No matter how you slice it.  Axl is the lead singer (frontman).  Eg.  If Mick Jaggger took the name Rolling Stones and brought in new players it would be the same thing.

Besides Guns n Roses is an established name why would he not want to use his own bands name  Undecided

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 07:40:52 AM »

No matter how you slice it.? Axl is the lead singer (frontman).? Eg.? If Mick Jaggger took the name Rolling Stones and brought in new players it would be the same thing.

Are you joking? Have you heard Mick's solo shit?

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 08:52:10 AM »

No matter how you slice it.? Axl is the lead singer (frontman).? Eg.? If Mick Jaggger took the name Rolling Stones and brought in new players it would be the same thing.

Are you joking? Have you heard Mick's solo shit?

Terrible isnt it!! Just uninspired rubbish.

absolute - Go on a Stones forum and argue that the Stones would still be the Stones if Keith and Charlie weren't in it. I'd love to see the responses you'd get.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
absolutelytrue
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:49 AM »

OK, you got me Roll Eyes

The point I was trying to make was that is most people associate the Stones with Mick!

Maybe I am wrong?  But I guess I am not an experienced music buff as you GnR folks Tongue

I think I will check out that Mick site!
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 10:43:12 AM »

The point I was trying to make was that is most people associate the Stones with Mick!
Maybe I am wrong? 
no, you aren't wrong. People associate Rolling Stones with Mick Jagger. At least where I live, the media where I live and the forums that I frequent associate Stones with mick. ok

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 10:52:51 AM »

Maybe I am wrong??
no, you aren't wrong. People associate Rolling Stones with Mick Jagger. At least where I live, the media where I live and the forums that I frequent associate Stones with mick. ok

Just Mick?

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 11:10:06 AM »

Maybe I am wrong? 

Just Mick?
yea... most of people here.  Roll Eyes

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 11:34:12 AM »

Maybe I am wrong??

Just Mick?
yea... most of people here.? Roll Eyes

Lol, ok. I dont really understand what you are on about? Sure people equate Mick with the Stones because he is in the Stones. But are you trying to say that Mick by himself is THE Rolling Stones? Go back to all these mythical sources and ask them what they'd think if Mick wanted to replace Keith Richards with a guy with a bucket on his head or with anyone else for that matter.

Next thread topic - Bruno argues that black is white....

Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 02:48:23 AM »

Maybe I am wrong? 

Just Mick?
yea... most of people here.  Roll Eyes

Well there all fukin wrong. Almost everyone i know thinks of fukin Keith when they think of the stones.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 02:53:24 AM »

Maybe I am wrong??

Just Mick?
yea... most of people here.? Roll Eyes

Well there all fukin wrong. Almost everyone i know thinks of fukin Keith when they think of the stones.

Hell yes! Dont worry about him stonerose, hes here everday with another poor argument.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 04:42:38 AM »

Probably because GNR never broke up the way most bands do.  The Appetite lineup disbanded one member at a time over a span of many years.  Steven was kicked it, it was still GnR.  Izzy left, it was still GnR.  Slash left, it was still GnR.  Duff left and Matt quit/got kicked out, it was still GnR and still is because GnR never officially broke up and the man who owns the rights to the name is still in the band. 

I think that if Izzy, Slash, Duff and Matt all came together and quit the band at the same time then Axl wouldn't still be using the name.  But I think the reason that Axl has chosen to kept the name, regardless of what anyone else thinks, is because he doesn't feel like he should have to give up on something (Guns N Roses) he still believes in just because the old members all left the band over a 7-8 year period.  It's a pretty unique situation, although not unprecedented.  For example Ian Paice is the only person who's been in every version of Deep Purple
Spot on mate.   Axl is a smart man indeed to have the rights to do what he's doing.   I commend him for carrying on GNR while others chose to abandon it.   
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 09:19:24 AM »

Lol, ok. I dont really understand what you are on about? Sure people equate Mick with the Stones because he is in the Stones. But are you trying to say that Mick by himself is THE Rolling Stones? Go back to all these mythical sources and ask them what they'd think if Mick wanted to replace Keith Richards with a guy with a bucket on his head or with anyone else for that matter.

Next thread topic - Bruno argues that black is white....
some people don't even know Keith Richards, lol. I never said that Mick is the rolling stones, but like people associate Axl Rose with Guns N' Roses, other people associate Mick with Rolling Stones.
If people think in another way they'll argue that black is white. Sure. Of course, I forgot you're the truth. You know all the truth and your opinion if all what matter. I'm really sorry.  ok

gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 04:22:04 PM »

umm during the illusions axl threatend to quit unless the other members signed over the band name. he a power hungry maniac and VR is better than the new guns

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 04:27:36 PM »

Why Do You Think Axl Really Kept the Guns N' Roses name?

erm... because:
Guns n'Roses is associated with 'Appetite for Destruction'
one of the best hard rock albums of all time ok

beer beer beer

« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:45:36 AM by redx » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 04:44:36 PM »

dont hotlink images dude.. especially when you are trolling GNR boards pretending its 1987.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 10:16:31 PM »

VR is better than the new guns

Not in terms of their live performances or the put on or the music they're currently making  hihi

You say Axl is a power hungry maniac but you are forgetting that Slash and Duff were annihilated off booze and heroin on a regular basis at that point in time.  Ever think that their version of the events may not be the most accurate?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:20:32 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2007, 11:43:52 AM »

dont hotlink images dude.. especially when you are trolling GNR boards pretending its 1987.
The theme of the thread is: Why Do You Think Axl Really Kept the Guns N' Roses name? and I gave my reply.
Why you don't you try staying on topic and stop being offended by my anwsers.
Maybe you have difficulty dealing with the facts  peace
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:47:12 AM by redx » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: