Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:00:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Look At Your Game Girl not "hidden" anymore?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Look At Your Game Girl not "hidden" anymore?  (Read 3253 times)
MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« on: March 08, 2007, 05:05:38 AM »

I bought "The Spaghetti Incident?" at Best Buy today and was surprised to find that the CD contained 13 tracks instead of 12. Instead of being "hidden" after I Don't Care About You, Look At Your Game Girl had its own track on the album. How long ago was this change made? Sorry in advance if this question has been asked before. I did a search and couldn't find the answer.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 05:16:36 AM »

Well that's something new tome too Huh

I had to purchase the album again a few weeks ago because the other one I had was damaged. And Look ... was still hidden after I Don't ...

I bought it in Belgium.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 05:44:46 AM »

any one has the guitar chords for "look at your game girl"......great great sooooonnngggggg!!!

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 05:45:29 AM »

It was about time. It is my favourite song on that record.
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 06:35:05 AM »

I bought "The Spaghetti Incident?" at Best Buy today and was surprised to find that the CD contained 13 tracks instead of 12. Instead of being "hidden" after I Don't Care About You, Look At Your Game Girl had its own track on the album. How long ago was this change made? Sorry in advance if this question has been asked before. I did a search and couldn't find the answer.

Do you mind sending a picture of this, as thats very interesting, as Axl always sore that song would be buried because the media didnt understand his infatuation with Manson...I mean he sacrificed his cover of Hanoi Rock's Rock N Roll Cigarettes for it, and we never got that even through bootleg!

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 06:40:14 AM »

I had that album a few months before i even realised that song was on there.
Great song though yes
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 07:16:04 AM »

It?s the first time I hear it. I read in the past the song was a hidden track to avoid controversy and for something related to  the copyrights.And since it?s been a long time and there?s no controversy about it anymore, maybe that is the reason why the track isn?t hidden now. IMO.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 07:36:37 AM »

Do you mind sending a picture of this, as thats very interesting, as Axl always sore that song would be buried because the media didnt understand his infatuation with Manson...I mean he sacrificed his cover of Hanoi Rock's Rock N Roll Cigarettes for it, and we never got that even through bootleg!

Axl sacrificed that cover coz of a Hanoi Rocks song because he didnt want Andy McCoy to get any royalties over an incident with Erin Everly.

MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 08:25:24 AM »

What is it exactly that you want a picture of? The song is not listed on the artwork. The artwork claims 12 songs as usual, but the CD definitely has 13 tracks. The cover art also seems a little darker than I remember it being.

Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 08:34:24 AM »

you said that look at your game was included on the list of songs on the back

12.I don't care about you
13. look at your game girl

or did you mean that when you play the cd that it goes up to 13?

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 09:36:03 AM »

I thought there has always been 13 tracks on it?
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 09:44:16 AM »

Yes.Look at your game girl was always on it.In his first post he said that it was also on the tracklist then changed his statement and claimed its just the 13th track instead of a hidden one.

who knows..whatever hihi

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 11:28:57 AM »

Which ever it is... Didnt Axl say some years ago, that Lies & "TSI?", would both be re released... Both excluding the final tracks??
MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 11:52:34 AM »

Ganja4Life wrote:

Read my post again. I never said the song was listed on the back. I said it had its own track on the album, which it does. Originally, the song was "hidden" at the end of track 12, but now it is track 13.

justynius wrote:

There have always been 13 songs, but at least originally, there were only 12 tracks.

TheMole
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 11:53:42 AM »

Which ever it is... Didnt Axl say some years ago, that Lies & "TSI?", would both be re released... Both excluding the final tracks??

Lies has a hidden track??? I've only ever owned that on cassette  Embarrassed
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 01:05:07 PM »

Lies has a hidden track??? I've only ever owned that on cassette Embarrassed

He said final track, meaning "One in a Million".  yes
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 01:29:07 PM »

I was wondering the same thing.? Don't think it was going to be a re-release though. These tracks would just be left off of future pressings. Every copy of "Lies" I see in stores still has One in a Million listed and apparently Look at Your Game hasn't disappeared either.? Maybe this change never came to be?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 02:26:22 PM »

I was wondering the same thing.  Don't think it was going to be a re-release though. These tracks would just be left off of future pressings. Every copy of "Lies" I see in stores still has One in a Million listed and apparently Look at Your Game hasn't disappeared either.  Maybe this change never came to be?

It's been about 8 years since Axl had said that, so I really doubt that it's going to happen. I think it would be stupid to remove those tracks because they're both great songs. Lies without One in a Million would really be sad to see.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 03:00:14 PM »

Ganja4Life wrote:

Read my post again. I never said the song was listed on the back. I said it had its own track on the album, which it does. Originally, the song was "hidden" at the end of track 12, but now it is track 13.

justynius wrote:

There have always been 13 songs, but at least originally, there were only 12 tracks.

alright man..just tryin to clear things up..thats why I asked if what you just stated is what you meant!  Smiley

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 03:34:20 PM »

TSI? was re-released a few years ago as part of the "Geffen Goldline" series - and I believe that certain copies of TSI? do have LAYGG on its own track instead of tacked on to IDCAY.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: