Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:48:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  English band named after Guns N' Roses classic...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: English band named after Guns N' Roses classic...  (Read 11291 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« on: March 09, 2007, 09:44:16 PM »

Saw this...found it amusing:

Estranged no more - Hard rock band enjoying new lease on life with Itu Kamu
by Chew Wan Ying
The local English music scene is, without a doubt, abundant with promising talents. 

As for its up-andcoming acts, it?s only a matter of time before they get the recognition and credit they deserve.

Five-piece band Estranged is one such act.

The little-known band (familiar, perhaps, only to local independent /fringe music buffs), has been getting increasingly wide Press coverage and exposure, thanks to their winning the Best Rock Song and Best Video awards at the HITZ.

FM Motorola Malaysian English Top 10 Awards 2006.

Most importantly, this new-found attention from the mainstream media can be attributed to the success of its latest single, Itu Kamu.

The group was founded in 2001 by college mates Richael L Gimbang and Solihuddin Hormat who named their band after a Guns N? Roses classic.

The duo was later joined by drummer Azwin Andy Malik, guitarist Nor HanafiNoor Hadi and bassist Chow Ken Chung.

After honing their skills in the underground scene, they released their debut album In Hating Memory in 2005.

The album generated a modest response among music listeners who nevertheless acknowledged the talent and potential of the new band.

?We had received phone calls and e-mails from people asking where they could get a copy of In Hating Memory,? said the 23-year-old drummer Andy.

A stream of similar requests from their newfound fan base led the band to produce a repackaged version of the album, complete with new sleeve design and the new song, Itu Kamu.

?The look and layout are totally different from the original album,? Andy explained.

?The cover design is, no doubt, more professionallooking.

Contentwise, it?s still the same songs, with an extra single.

Commenting on their decision to record and release a Malay song, the band said they wanted to explore new territories.

?We decided to try something new.

To us, the Malay segment is a brand new market,? Andy said.

?So far, from the response, we learn that people like Itu Kamu.

So we?ll continue to learn how to write Malay songs.?

With this first Malay attempt receiving rave reviews, Estranged promises to churn out more Malay compositions in future albums.

However, this does not mean they will ever stray from their English roots and launch an all-Malay album.

?We will maintain Estranged?s identity in every album.

After all, we started off as an English band and we will stay as one,? explained Solihuddin, adding that they had previously rejected an offer by a local label requiring them to come out with a full Malay album.

?We might include a number of Malay tracks in future albums.

We might have a mix of both languages, with Malay songs comprising 30 percent of the album.?

As for their style of music, die-hard fans can continue to expect hard rock from Estranged.

?Hard rock will always be our main focus.

As you know, there are so many genres in rock and we hope that we can properly explore them.?

As for their immediate future, the band revealed that they?re working on their second album, having penned close to eight to 10 songs, though have not commenced the recording and are still finetuning the compositions.

What?s in store for fans? Hard-rocking, explosive sounds, coupled with a handful of chill songs, the promised.

Fans can expect the sophomore late this year or early next year, with the quintet promising fans greater stuff than what showcased in In Hating Memory.

?Throughout these past two years, we have gained so much experience in everything, be it musically or in terms of performing styles.

Therefore, we will offer listeners something greater than In Hating Memory.

We can assure you that every single track in our next album will be great,? said Solihuddin.

And Richael?s participation in Akademi Fantasia 4 had helped the band in opening up new opportunities.

The experience, according to the frontman, was invaluable.

?It helped me to establish a connection with people who have been in the industry longer than we have, people who may be able to support us and give us musical advice.?

Most importantly, the quintet finally gets the recognition they deserve, with more and more people from different parts of the nation now familiar with their music.

On the state of the local music scene, Estranged, who grew up listening to Nirvana and Metallica, thinks that the industry is filled with great talents offering unique sounds.

They named a few favourites: Butterfingers and of course, Pop Shuvit, whose member Rudy, is Andy?s elder brother.

The band is even mulling the possibility of collaborating with Pop Shuvit on a future project.

The local English music scene is, without a doubt, abundant with promising talents.

As for its up-andcoming acts, it?s only a matter of time before they get the recognition and credit they deserve.

Five-piece band Estranged is one such act.

The little-known band (familiar, perhaps, only to local independent /fringe music buffs), has been getting increasingly wide Press coverage and exposure, thanks to their winning the Best Rock Song and Best Video awards at the HITZ.

FM Motorola Malaysian English Top 10 Awards 2006.

Most importantly, this new-found attention from the mainstream media can be attributed to the success of its latest single, Itu Kamu.

The group was founded in 2001 by college mates Richael L Gimbang and Solihuddin Hormat who named their band after a Guns N? Roses classic.

The duo was later joined by drummer Azwin Andy Malik, guitarist Nor HanafiNoor Hadi and bassist Chow Ken Chung.

After honing their skills in the underground scene, they released their debut album In Hating Memory in 2005.

The album generated a modest response among music listeners who nevertheless acknowledged the talent and potential of the new band.

?We had received phone calls and e-mails from people asking where they could get a copy of In Hating Memory,? said the 23-year-old drummer Andy.

A stream of similar requests from their newfound fan base led the band to produce a repackaged version of the album, complete with new sleeve design and the new song, Itu Kamu.

?The look and layout are totally different from the original album,? Andy explained.

?The cover design is, no doubt, more professionallooking.

Contentwise, it?s still the same songs, with an extra single.

Commenting on their decision to record and release a Malay song, the band said they wanted to explore new territories.

?We decided to try something new.

To us, the Malay segment is a brand new market,? Andy said.

?So far, from the response, we learn that people like Itu Kamu.

So we?ll continue to learn how to write Malay songs.?

With this first Malay attempt receiving rave reviews, Estranged promises to churn out more Malay compositions in future albums.

However, this does not mean they will ever stray from their English roots and launch an all-Malay album.

?We will maintain Estranged?s identity in every album.

After all, we started off as an English band and we will stay as one,? explained Solihuddin, adding that they had previously rejected an offer by a local label requiring them to come out with a full Malay album.

?We might include a number of Malay tracks in future albums.

We might have a mix of both languages, with Malay songs comprising 30 percent of the album.?

As for their style of music, die-hard fans can continue to expect hard rock from Estranged.

?Hard rock will always be our main focus.

As you know, there are so many genres in rock and we hope that we can properly explore them.?

As for their immediate future, the band revealed that they?re working on their second album, having penned close to eight to 10 songs, though have not commenced the recording and are still finetuning the compositions.

What?s in store for fans? Hard-rocking, explosive sounds, coupled with a handful of chill songs, the promised.

Fans can expect the sophomore late this year or early next year, with the quintet promising fans greater stuff than what showcased in In Hating Memory.

?Throughout these past two years, we have gained so much experience in everything, be it musically or in terms of performing styles.

Therefore, we will offer listeners something greater than In Hating Memory.

We can assure you that every single track in our next album will be great,? said Solihuddin.

And Richael?s participation in Akademi Fantasia 4 had helped the band in opening up new opportunities.

The experience, according to the frontman, was invaluable.

?It helped me to establish a connection with people who have been in the industry longer than we have, people who may be able to support us and give us musical advice.?

Most importantly, the quintet finally gets the recognition they deserve, with more and more people from different parts of the nation now familiar with their music.

On the state of the local music scene, Estranged, who grew up listening to Nirvana and Metallica, thinks that the industry is filled with great talents offering unique sounds.

They named a few favourites: Butterfingers and of course, Pop Shuvit, whose member Rudy, is Andy?s elder brother.

The band is even mulling the possibility of collaborating with Pop Shuvit on a future project.

http://www.mmail.com.my/Current_News/mm/Weekend/WeekBuzz/20070310090052/Article/index_html

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Mom
Headliner

Well ya know something Gene...

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 10:03:48 PM »

Awseome, I was expecting they would be named after a more famous song/album. Good to see Estranged getting some long overdue respect.

11/10/06!
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 10:32:09 PM »

Estranged>November Rain  yes peace

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 06:57:44 AM »

Estranged > all   Cool ok
smugolo
Headliner

"I don't worry about nothin', no..."

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 07:03:57 AM »

'Perfect Crime' would be a good band name

GN'R 2006 - Dublin 9th June - Sheffield 18th July - Manchester 23rd July
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 09:26:04 AM »

there's also a band called crash diet

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 09:31:05 AM »

'Perfect Crime' would be a good band name
IIRC there's a GN'R tribute band with that name..

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 12:38:59 PM »

Estranged>November Rain? yes peace

No!

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 12:44:39 PM »

It's a shit song, so it must be a shit band.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 01:42:57 PM »

It's a shit song, so it must be a shit band.

And so you must be...
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 02:17:45 PM »

A poster who dislikes Estranged?
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »

Awesome name.  When my band was still around our name was "mindfuct".  It was based on Slash in one of the makin videos, something along the lines of "and I was just mindfucked" or something to that extent.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 05:25:33 PM »

I'm indifferent about Estranged.  I love it and think it's a great song and that it's underrated because it never became a hit and even if you're a Gn'R fan, unless you have UYI2 you probably don't know it...

... but when people say things like "Estranged > all" it makes me realize the song is overrated by a lot of people too because it's not the best Gn'R song (IMHO of course).

It almost seems like it's the cool thing to do for a Gn'R fan to say that Estranged is their favorite song or the best Gn'R song... eh, it's a great song tho.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 05:41:35 PM »

CRASHDIET, are one of the best bands of this decade to play rock.

html sucks
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 12:53:09 PM »

they're ok, a bit too glam and 80's sounding...

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »

thats whats great about them, hardly anyone has done it for years...

html sucks
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 06:59:58 PM »

i thought they were just a gnr cover band? thats why i have never checked them out
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 03:40:07 PM »

I like hanoi rocks Tongue

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »

I like hanoi rocks Tongue

They sound nothing like hanoi rocks lol!

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 03:48:02 PM »

i thought they were just a gnr cover band? thats why i have never checked them out

nah they are an original material band.

www.crashdiet.org

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: