Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:52:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who is Axl closest to in the band as a everyday friend?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who is Axl closest to in the band as a everyday friend?  (Read 10440 times)
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 02:08:04 PM »

Liking GnR or Pitman doesn't mean I have to like every single distant planet in the Axl universe.? Sorry.

It doesn't.

But at the same time, I wouldn't comment on a person's job especially if I didn't know the person, never met him/her or didn't know the job he/she does.

/jarmo

Meh, I disagree.? There are plenty of people I don't know personally that I can have an opinion on.

I don't like President Bush, though I've never met the guy and don't really know much about the day-to-day mechanics of his job.

Supposedly, Del James is a writer.? I'm judging him on his writing.? I think that's exceedingly fair.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »

Liking GnR or Pitman doesn't mean I have to like every single distant planet in the Axl universe.  Sorry.

It doesn't.

But at the same time, I wouldn't comment on a person's job especially if I didn't know the person, never met him/her or didn't know the job he/she does.

/jarmo

Meh, I disagree.  There are plenty of people I don't know personally that I can have an opinion on.

I don't like President Bush, though I've never met the guy and don't really know much about the day-to-day mechanics of his job.

Supposedly, Del James is a writer.  I'm judging him on his writing.  I think that's exceedingly fair.

But it was just pointed out that he's not working as a writer for GN'R......

It's like judging Bumblefoot on his teaching skills and saying "man, for a teacher he sure has a lot of fun hanging out with rock stars and touring the world".

Honestly, I don't care what you think of him. I just think it's lame to attack somebody's job when you don't know the job he does. That's all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 02:18:42 PM »

I don't think Axl is that close with anyone in the band, and he is certainly not friends with any of them, but they're absolutely brilliant musicians together.

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 02:19:03 PM »

Pitman fan site guys:

Love Chris
Will mention him in as many threads as possible
Don't like Del
Don't like the updates we get.
That's not fair. Cry

I love the updates.
The recent one in particular. Wasn't too fond of Axl's open letter but the Die Mannequin story was cool (being Canadian).

and uhmm...

Chris Pitman.
tbizzle
Banned
Rocker

"I've got a message for youuuuuuuuuuu"

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 02:24:21 PM »

^ Yea, that an unfair generalization about EMS people.  I don't remember the last time I even mentioned pitman on Mygnr or gnr2k. 

On Topic:
Most likely Mother Goose or Tommy Stinson is Axl's best buddy in the band.  I'm probably wrong but whatever...

la la  la la
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 02:25:03 PM »

Liking GnR or Pitman doesn't mean I have to like every single distant planet in the Axl universe.? Sorry.

It doesn't.

/jarmo

Meh, I disagree.? There are plenty of people I don't know personally that I can have an opinion on.

Supposedly, Del James is a writer.? I'm judging him on his writing.? I think that's exceedingly fair.

But it was just pointed out that he's not working as a writer for GN'R......

It's like judging Bumblefoot on his teaching skills and saying "man, for a teacher he sure has a lot of fun hanging out with rock stars and touring the world".

Honestly, I don't care what you think of him. I just think it's lame to attack somebody's job when you don't know the job he does. That's all.

/jarmo

No, I don't think it's like that at all. ?Del James is a writer. ?That's his job. ?

He's contributed writing to the Guns N' Roses site.  Whether or not you feel that's his officially designated job title is irrelevant to me.  He's a writer.  He wrote.  And I, as a member of his target audience, have an opinion about it.

If the goal of PR is to create a positive image and convey information, I think Del James has failed -- twice in a row now. ?

Now you might think that he did as good a job as can be expected... that's one argument. ?I disagree though. ?I think it's entirely possible to write good PR for Axl that accomplishes its goals. ?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:27:08 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

heelaxl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 02:29:02 PM »

in the band i think also Del James and ( not a member Izzy ).
but his 2 favorites are dead : Wes Arkeen and Shannon Hoon
Now Sebestian Bach is one of the cloosest...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »

No, I don't think it's like that at all.  Del James is a writer.  That's his job. 

He's contributed writing to the Guns N' Roses site.  Whether or not you feel that's his officially designated job title is irrelevant to me.  He's a writer.  He wrote.  And I, as a member of his target audience, have an opinion about it.

If the goal of PR is to create a positive image and convey information, I think Del James has failed -- twice in a row now. 

Now you might think that he did as good a job as can be expected... that's one argument.  I disagree though.  I think it's entirely possible to write good PR for Axl that accomplishes its goals. 

Umm, did you miss the part that mentioned him being part of the GN'R crew?

Sure, ok. Del is a writer. It's impossible for him to do other jobs!

Looking at all of Del's contributions on the GN'R site, it seems to me like it's not his main job with GN'R to write for the site..... But I guess you know best.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 02:31:31 PM »

del james

Agree.

I'll bet he's the only who just stops by Axl's house for a beer.

Del James was invited to the Walk of Style awards.  He was hanging out with Baz backstage.  Man, for a writer who hasn't really written that much in his career, Del's sure got it sweet.  He gets to hang out with rock stars and models and doesn't have to do anything... 

beer

he`s gnr`s touring manager hihi

Really? 

How many tours has he been managing since Merck left and the last tour was cut short?

he`s the touring manager since 2002, probably 2001 ok

that means 4 tours and some random gigs.....

and people really shouldn`t take this too seriously, i mean the whole eat my silkworms thing. some funny comments don?t do any harm. in the past, when saul used to do his "chinese democracy starts now!!!" thing about any little piece of "news" we got, it was ok as well. i don?t see the difference here. there are obviously quite some things we, the gnr fans can`t be happy about right now. i?m sure everyone sees it that way more or less. of course, there are good things as well, but when it comes down to it, we?re all waiting for an album that?s supposed to come out for more than 10 years now. you can?t expect people to simply accept all the delays, without questioning the reasons or even being frustrated at times....    it has nothing to with being a "good" fan or not.

of course it`s great, that we`ve been updated about the recording process and stuff, but there are plenty of things the band could do to hold the fans over. wasn?t there supposed to be video material of the american tour at some point on the official website for example?

some fans will never be happy, that?s right. but that doesn?t mean all the fans are whiny bitches...

and i don?t think a little sarcasm counts as whining or bitching....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2007, 02:39:55 PM »

No, I don't think it's like that at all.? Del James is a writer.? That's his job.?

He's contributed writing to the Guns N' Roses site.? Whether or not you feel that's his officially designated job title is irrelevant to me.? He's a writer.? He wrote.? And I, as a member of his target audience, have an opinion about it.

If the goal of PR is to create a positive image and convey information, I think Del James has failed -- twice in a row now.?

Now you might think that he did as good a job as can be expected... that's one argument.? I disagree though.? I think it's entirely possible to write good PR for Axl that accomplishes its goals.?

Umm, did you miss the part that mentioned him being part of the GN'R crew?

Sure, ok. Del is a writer. It's impossible for him to do other jobs!

Looking at all of Del's contributions on the GN'R site, it seems to me like it's not his main job with GN'R to write for the site..... But I guess you know best.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo
'

Jarmo, you're missing my point dude.  Whether or not it's his official job doesn't matter.

He's a writer.  He wrote two pieces for the website with clear goals.  In both cases, I think he failed to accomplish those goals. And the bitching you see on these boards are largely the consequences of Del's bad writing. 

Whether he's writing GNR's publicity as their "official" writer, or he's writing their PR as a part-time writer/"tour manager" even though they're not on tour, makes no difference.

Now I've got nothing personal against Del.  I'm sure he's a good friend of Axl's and that means a lot to him.  I'm just judging him as a writer, based on the things he's written lately.  That's how I judge musicians, painters, and filmmakers... how well does their work accomplish its goals.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 02:44:56 PM »

If the goal of PR is to create a positive image and convey information, I think Del James has failed -- twice in a row now.

Can't agree more. That article he wrote that insulted most of GNR's fans (more with those who have respect for themselves and mainly with a brain) was so great it got ripped off the site in under an hour, never to return. That was great PR work and interaction with the fans! I know it gave a few Axlites boners around here, but someone inside GNR had the good sense to shit can it and fast. If it was Merck good on him.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 02:49:10 PM »

Why the fuck are we all of a sudden blaming Del? More complaints...

Jarmo - you should start a section for complaining, so all the BS can go there.

a.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 02:52:02 PM »

a.

Yea, you're right.? Never mind.? Del's articles were well-written, conveyed lots of important information, and did a lot to create good will between Guns N' Roses and their long-suffering fans.

It did everything good PR should do.

I withdraw my earlier comments.

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 03:05:35 PM »

Yes, he does a wonderful job? What was his parting line on the article that was taken down? I forget exactly but it was a very nice thing to say. Kudos to Del for his contributions.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 03:10:17 PM »

a.

Not gonna happen.

Whiny people usually find out we don't need them here pretty soon.

Yea, you're right.  Never mind.  Del's articles were well-written, conveyed lots of important information, and did a lot to create good will between Guns N' Roses and their long-suffering fans.

It did everything good PR should do.

I withdraw my earlier comments.

If the shoe fits, no wonder you're upset.  Kiss

Nothing I've said seems to make sense to you since you're stuck like an old record repeating "Del is a writer, Del is a writer....".

/jarmo

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 03:10:48 PM »

I wouldn't have even thought Del James being, there is no doubt he is close with Axl and has been for awhile, if they are still close now, which they prolly are but the thread is who is he closest to in the band...Del isn't in the band last time I looked, pointless to go on about him.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2007, 06:02:13 AM »

I'd say Tommy and Dizzy.

And Izzy is surely  a friend to Axl.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2007, 11:59:17 PM »

What about Paul Tobias ?

At RIR 3 Axl commented on him saying he was a very close friend and without him there would be no "Guns N" Roses"

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
EstrangedReality
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2007, 04:55:53 AM »

Who the fuck knows? Is anyone here a friend of Axl's?  Roll Eyes
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2007, 10:48:55 PM »

Who the fuck knows? Is anyone here a friend of Axl's?? Roll Eyes

I am.

he just doesn't know it  hihi

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: