Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:55:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who is Axl closest to in the band as a everyday friend?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who is Axl closest to in the band as a everyday friend?  (Read 10439 times)
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 12, 2007, 12:11:01 PM »

I was just wondering who does everyone think Axl actually trust all the way in his band? He once had a great bond with Izzy and Slash and they all screwed Axl over and so did Buckethead. My question is do you think he has that one friend in the band who he is cool with and hangs out with regularly?
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »

del james
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:20:35 PM »

Hard to tell if he close to anyone in this band.   Izzy and him had that bond from Indiana before they made it, I think that is something that he wouldn't get from the band members in this band.  Not saying that he isn't close to any of them and have a great friendship but it's something that isn't talked about by any of them in the current band.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 12:24:11 PM »

I think Tommy, cause Axl said something in 2001-2002 that he had kept the band together during recording and jamming sessions. and they seem to be close friends. Brain may also be a good chance, or everyone I don't know
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:29:50 PM »

As far as I know Axl and Slash were not very close friends. Maybe they were party friends in the beginning but I do not think that they were really close friends. And in the making of don?t cry and November rain seems like Axl had his own friends like Del James for example. Maybe between Izzy and Axl there was a closest friendship.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 12:31:31 PM »

While I am sure he is obviously friendly with everyone, I suspect he has a more business oriented relationship with the guys than he has maybe had in the past. At the end of the day he is still everyone's boss, and anyone on this board who owns a business knows that you have to have some boundaries in your relationships with your employees if you want to keep drama and potential conflict to a minimum.
DethRose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 12:38:28 PM »

although hes not in GNR axl and bach are pretty tight these days...its say hes axls closest friend right now. Axl exen took him as his guest to that fashion show thing.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 12:42:58 PM »

del james

Agree.

I'll bet he's the only who just stops by Axl's house for a beer.

Del James was invited to the Walk of Style awards.  He was hanging out with Baz backstage.  Man, for a writer who hasn't really written that much in his career, Del's sure got it sweet.  He gets to hang out with rock stars and models and doesn't have to do anything... 

beer

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 12:45:43 PM »

I was just wondering who does everyone think Axl actually trust all the way in his band? He once had a great bond with Izzy and Slash and they all screwed Axl over

yes, because threatening to leave the band unless they sell you rights to the name isnt screwing friends over...

html sucks
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 12:47:53 PM »

del james

Agree.

Del James was invited to the Walk of Style awards.  He was hanging out with Baz backstage.  Man, for a writer who hasn't really written that much in his career, Del's sure got it sweet.  He gets to hang out with rock stars and models and doesn't have to do anything... 

beer

he`s gnr`s touring manager hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »

del james

Agree.

Del James was invited to the Walk of Style awards.? He was hanging out with Baz backstage.? Man, for a writer who hasn't really written that much in his career, Del's sure got it sweet.? He gets to hang out with rock stars and models and doesn't have to do anything...?

beer

Really? 

How many tours has he been managing since Merck left and the last tour was cut short?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »

del james

Agree.

beer

Really? 

How many tours has he been managing since Merck left and the last tour was cut short?

Just because we don't have his daily schedule posted on this board doesn't mean he sits at home doing nothing.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »

No, he sits at home writing in-depth Chinese Democracy updates for the official site.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 01:54:15 PM »

I wonder what's going to come out first, Chinese Democracy or Del's first  novel...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 01:57:34 PM »

Interesting info here.

Pitman fan site guys:

Love Chris
Will mention him in as many threads as possible
Don't like Del
Don't like the updates we get.

Why didn't you tell him what you think of him when you saw him at that show?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 01:59:06 PM »

yes, because threatening to leave the band unless they sell you rights to the name isnt screwing friends over...

Is that what happened?  Huh

Were you there when this went down??   Huh   rant

I didn't think so.   rant

How the fuck would you know what actually happened?    rant   rant    rant

For all you know, Axl was probably thinking that Duff or Slash might OVERDOSE on MR. BROWNSTONE and then he'd be left with nothing but legal battles over keeping the band going without one of them or both if they were dead.

Ever think of that one? Probably not because you have serious fucking tunnel vision. Right?   yes
HuskerTornado
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 01:59:37 PM »

Dizzy.

MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 02:00:57 PM »

Interesting info here.

Pitman fan site guys:

Love Chris
Will mention him in as many threads as possible
Don't like Del
Don't like the updates we get.

Why didn't you tell him what you think of him when you saw him at that show?

/jarmo

Because Axl might have bit me, and I don't have health insurance.? ?Embarrassed

I think Chris Pitman is talented, hardworking and creative.? I don't feel the same way about Del.? Sorry, that's just how I feel.

Liking GnR or Pitman doesn't mean I have to like every single distant planet in the Axl universe.? Sorry.

Fact is, whether it's by Axl's design or not, Del James seems to be the guy in charge of Axl's PR.  I think Axl's PR is bad.  Take a look around his own fan forum.... all you see is bitching.  How can that not be the fault of bad PR?  Do you honestly think all these people just spontaneously decided to criticize the same issue if there wasn't really anything wrong?

Where there's smoke there's fire. 

But that's another topic. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:03:52 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 02:04:30 PM »

Liking GnR or Pitman doesn't mean I have to like every single distant planet in the Axl universe.  Sorry.

It doesn't.

But at the same time, I wouldn't comment on a person's job especially if I didn't know the person, never met him/her or didn't know the job he/she does.

That's my point.

Remember how people were saying Robin shouldn't be in the band and then said "Better" rocks? Turns out it's Robin's song....

/jarmo

mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »

I'm guessing Dizzy... he's been with Axl through all the shit. Tommy has also been there for some time so he's probably close to him as well. Of all the guys touring with GN'R in the summer those two, Baz, Izzy and Del he's probably most close with (Beta and family and his girlfriend excluded).
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: