Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:07:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?  (Read 34989 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 05:30:59 AM »

^ Well, they weren't on Oh My God hihi

Thank goodness.  hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 05:33:04 AM »

As it stands right now, Slash & Duff have played on every single song on every single release made by Guns N' Roses (who this website is dedicated to), and you want to discourage conversation about them? -- It doesn't make sense that this board should have no "Ex-Gunners" section... and futhermore, because VR are more popular than other ex-gunner solo projects, it doesn't make sense to not have them seperated to keep the board more organized.

but they haven't been in the band for over 10 years.   i have no interest in the past and see no reason to dwell on it.   
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 05:56:45 AM »

^ Me neither.

I'm wondering why Jarmo or someone of the HTGTH crew hasn't answered yet ?

I'd like to red their opinion on the subject beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 06:02:21 AM »

Something will probably change soon.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2007, 08:30:40 AM »

/jarmo

Thank God! Grin

Thanks Jarmo, without the VR people around maybe things will finally be more positive around here! ok

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2007, 09:47:32 AM »

'Soon' as in GN'R language ? hihi

Sorry, had to do it yes

Thankx Jarmo for your answer. I hope the change coming is not me getting banned peace

I guess things will be a lot different once CD is out yes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2007, 01:47:18 PM »

/jarmo

something, probably and soon hihi i'm not gonna say anything more then this...

Chinese Democracy starts now

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2007, 01:51:21 PM »

I don't see the problem myself, there wouldn't be this messageboard in the first place without Slash and Duff. They play such a big part in GNR history I think their current and future endevours deserves it's own section. There are enough people on here interested enough to sustain a VR section, who want to talk about VR with the people they know on the board in more detail than one thread would allow. I appreciate there are VR fans that are anti Axl etc and add nothing to the GNR section except spamming rubbish but be honest it is a minority, the majority of VR fans here (like myself) are fans of the old band, new band and VR and enjoy discussing all 3, surely banning these clowns would be more beneficial than shutting down a whole section?

This won't change anything but as everyone was adding their thoughts I figured I'd add mine. Why not hold a poll or something, see what the general consensus is?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2007, 04:25:04 PM »

I don't see the problem myself, there wouldn't be this messageboard in the first place without Slash and Duff. They play such a big part in GNR history I think their current and future endevours deserves it's own section. There are enough people on here interested enough to sustain a VR section, who want to talk about VR with the people they know on the board in more detail than one thread would allow. I appreciate there are VR fans that are anti Axl etc and add nothing to the GNR section except spamming rubbish but be honest it is a minority, the majority of VR fans here (like myself) are fans of the old band, new band and VR and enjoy discussing all 3, surely banning these clowns would be more beneficial than shutting down a whole section?

This won't change anything but as everyone was adding their thoughts I figured I'd add mine. Why not hold a poll or something, see what the general consensus is?

theres a million other places to talk about VR.   
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2007, 08:13:54 PM »

There's a million other places to talk about all sorts of things. Why not get rid of The Jungle and Sports sections too, people can talk about them elsewhere so what's the need for them, why not get rid of every section except the GNR one? As much as you may hate this fact, VR will be eternally linked with GNR for obvious reasons and a lot of people are naturally fans of both bands and wish to discuss the band on a site they are already known and familiar with.

Aside from a couple of idiots who spam the GNR section who probably need banning why would a VR section bother you, I'm sure you don't visit it anyway and it's not hurt you all these years what's the problem?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2007, 08:17:13 PM »

There's a million other places to talk about all sorts of things. Why not get rid of The Jungle and Sports sections too, people can talk about them elsewhere so what's the need for them, why not get rid of every section except the GNR one? As much as you may hate this fact, VR will be eternally linked with GNR for obvious reasons and a lot of people are naturally fans of both bands and wish to discuss the band on a site they are already known and familiar with.

Aside from a couple of idiots who spam the GNR section who probably need banning why would a VR section bother you, I'm sure you don't visit it anyway and it's not hurt you all these years what's the problem?

now now, why not get rid of the GNR section? surely there's other places to talk about them.

I can see where both sides are coming from in this conflict. I personally have no say in the matter because I rarely visit the VR section. I don't really notice any specific people in the GNR section that do senseless bashing.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2007, 10:29:37 PM »

now now, why not get rid of the GNR section? surely there's other places to talk about them.

Yeah like a GNR forum right? Oh wait this is a GNR forum.......  Roll Eyes
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2007, 10:40:34 PM »

Yeah like a GNR forum right? Oh wait this is a GNR forum.......  Roll Eyes

sarcasm my dear friend, sarcasm
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2007, 01:03:26 AM »

I'm sure you don't visit it anyway and it's not hurt you all these years what's the problem?

Nope, there he is, right there:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=44348.0#quickreply

It's the people that can't resist talking trash in the VR section that want it removed.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2007, 01:07:44 AM »

I'm sure you don't visit it anyway and it's not hurt you all these years what's the problem?

Nope, there he is, right there:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=44348.0#quickreply

It's the people that can't resist talking trash in the VR section that want it removed.

The band members of VR have been hitting up Axl with countless frivolous lawsuits over the years, and in addition have been slinging shit in the media as recently as last week.    Yes I'm going to talk trash on them and yes I'm going to question why we as a GNR board here to support GNR, would want to support something that has been against what this band is all about in the first place.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2007, 01:38:42 AM »

The band members of VR have been hitting up Axl with countless frivolous lawsuits over the years, and in addition have been slinging shit in the media as recently as last week.    Yes I'm going to talk trash on them and yes I'm going to question why we as a GNR board here to support GNR, would want to support something that has been against what this band is all about in the first place.

Axl is equally guilty of slinging shit in the media about those guys. Look no further than his bogus attempt to try and break up the band last year with his story about Slash supposedly showing up at his house after not talking to him for 10 years out of no where at 5 in the morning to tell him that all of the members of his band were frauds and spineless. No ones hands are clean in terms of trying their best to make the others miserable.

If the VR and Ex Gunners section is closed off we should just put a moratorium on talk of absolutely all things old GNR, including the 75% of the setlist they are playing every night as it is pretty clear that a full scale effort is underway to re-write history and control information flow. I don't blame the band for wanting to have that type of control as I would do the same if I were in their position, but the cold hard reality is there are alot of us here because we love both bands as half of VR is comprised of Ex- GNR members who helped write the songs we are all here because of.

Pretty sure that "Oh My God" didn't inspire the HTGTH board, and past that there is no new material that could have been responsible for creating Jarmo's site. It is only natural then there will be an attachment to all the Gunners responsible for helping get the band where it is today, and to pretend they don't exist or are just another run of the mill band is petty. Goto any Pink Floyd section and you will be sure to find some section devoted to Roger, and I am sure at all VH boards there will be some sort of Diamond Dave section.

The only concievable reason to get rid of the VR section is that Jarmo has been given some kind of directive we will never know about to eliminate any talk of them around here, as they will be direct competition for the band and GNR won't want to offer them an avenue for more free promotion to an audience (this board) likely to be in the same demographic as GNR's. I guess at the end of the day it is all about business, as outside of that there is no pressing need or rational for getting rid of the section.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2007, 02:04:48 AM »

Axl is equally guilty of slinging shit in the media about those guys. Look no further than his bogus attempt to try and break up the band last year with his story about Slash supposedly showing up at his house after not talking to him for 10 years out of no where at 5 in the morning to tell him that all of the members of his band were frauds and spineless. No ones hands are clean in terms of trying their best to make the others miserable.

Scott got his response and then took it off the VR website the next day.   Axl hasn't even mentioned those guys since then,  yet here we are a year later and Scott is still running his mouth.   and who the fuck are you to say it was bogus?   What the fuck do you know?   If you want to talk about VR, I know they have an official forum.    I dont care if you like VR, I don't.   And I see no reason why we as a GNR board should be supporting something that is as against GnR as it gets. 
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2007, 02:18:34 AM »

Axl hasn't even mentioned those guys since then,  yet here we are a year later and Scott is still running his mouth.

In Scott's defense he was asked a silly question about Axl and Nick Lachey, so it is not like unsolicited he is out there bringing him up and talking shit about him.

You will see if we ever see the album that Axl will be asked similar things about them all the time when he does promotional work for the album. He doesn't say anything about them because he doesn't do interviews and no one has asked him. Eddie Trunk is the only interview he has really done at length, and he wouldn't have dare brought it up because at the time Axl had been hibernating forever and he didn't want to spook him to cause him to walk out. Now that the novelty of Axl being out more has worn off, people will start asking him about it, just like they always ask the other guys about Axl. Then he'll get super annoyed and bitchy about it just like they do.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2007, 02:37:24 AM »

Axl hasn't even mentioned those guys since then,  yet here we are a year later and Scott is still running his mouth.

In Scott's defense he was asked a silly question about Axl and Nick Lachey, so it is not like unsolicited he is out there bringing him up and talking shit about him.

You will see if we ever see the album that Axl will be asked similar things about them all the time when he does promotional work for the album. He doesn't say anything about them because he doesn't do interviews and no one has asked him. Eddie Trunk is the only interview he has really done at length, and he wouldn't have dare brought it up because at the time Axl had been hibernating forever and he didn't want to spook him to cause him to walk out. Now that the novelty of Axl being out more has worn off, people will start asking him about it, just like they always ask the other guys about Axl. Then he'll get super annoyed and bitchy about it just like they do.
and i'm not saying stop all discussion of ex-gnr members.  i'm saying no prefernece for Velvet Revolver.  They are an ex gunner project just as Buckethead's albums and Gilby Clarke's stuff is.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2007, 07:37:18 AM »

The only concievable reason to get rid of the VR section is that Jarmo has been given some kind of directive we will never know about to eliminate any talk of them around here, as they will be direct competition for the band and GNR won't want to offer them an avenue for more free promotion to an audience (this board) likely to be in the same demographic as GNR's. I guess at the end of the day it is all about business, as outside of that there is no pressing need or rational for getting rid of the section.

Unfortunately for you, you're wrong.

I'm not sure we need to attract fans who aren't interested in GN'R in 2007.

There's no talk of closing anything.

People who love VR and don't like GN'R are on the wrong fucking board if they come here.

People who love GN'R today, listened to VR and liked it/didn't like it and want to discuss them, are welcome.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: