Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:13:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?  (Read 34993 times)
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2007, 12:53:59 PM »

If any of you doesn't like velevet revolver discussions, just don't browse that subforum.

If you're so fucking weak and you can't resist, use the "collapse" button:

The ex-gunners board will hide and your nightmares will be gone  peace

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2007, 01:57:37 PM »

Yeah, I've long forgotten there was a VR section.  hihi

The only thing that used to bother me was to look for old gnr news @ the main site. 
GNR articles of certain period were buried in exes stuff.   hihi
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2007, 01:57:44 PM »

To be honest, I dont think that a Guns N' Roses forum, with a true and big support to the current lineup, needs a Velvet Revolver section.

And I also don't dig that ''VR is the biggest parallel project'' argument, because that is simply not true. Tommy Stinson plays in Soul Asylum, a bigger band that Velvet Revolver under all points of view, and we do not have a Soul Asylum section. Snakepit itself was a better band than VR currently is, and we dont have a Snakepit sub-forum. Praxis/C2B3/Primus are three bands with former GNR members that are, without doubts, greater bands than VR. And the ''VR has 3 ex-gunners'' argument is not useful this time, because in Praxis and C2B3 we have 2 former members (or 1 member [Brain], and one former member [Buckethead])

I personally think that the musical directions of Guns N' Roses and VR are completely incompatible. And there is always some comment from Weiland or Matt that brings GNR to a VR discussion and, in my opinion, its impossible for a GNR fan ignore that and not making an agressive post or insulting Weiland.

The guys in Velvet Revolver did everything they could to stop what we are living right now with GNR. They keep talking shit about things not of their business and, everytime that we see a VR thread with lots of posts, it talks about GNR or something related to GNR.

I hope Jarmo erases that section. There are plenty of places to discuss VR, and in my opinion there is people that joins this forum without being a GNR fan. I think that's not good for the whole forum and for coexistence of users.

I know I suck writing in english, but I hope you understand my feelings.

Just my two cents  peace

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2007, 02:02:22 PM »

Grave dancers union went platinum twice with runawaytrain single going gold and let your dim light shine went platinum once

Contraband went platinum twice with 2 gold singles (slither and fall to peices)

I hardly think that that is a bigger band...and tommy played fill in dates and recorded a couple tracks...hes hardly in SA Roll Eyes gimme a break

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2007, 02:20:26 PM »

Grave dancers union went platinum twice with runawaytrain single going gold and let your dim light shine went platinum once

I hardly think that that is a bigger band...and tommy played fill in dates and recorded a couple tracks...hes hardly in SA Roll Eyes gimme a break

Norah Jones has several Grammys, and GNR doesnt have one. Does it converts Norah Jones in a better artist?

Tommy Stinson played last wednesday with Soul Asylum. Tommy Stinson is the current GNR bassist. Why we dont have a Soul Asylum section and we have a VR, that has absoluty nothing to do with Guns N' Roses present and in no way its a better band than SA? Is that a matter of ''number of musicians''? Well, for example, C2B3 has just one less member related to GNR than VR.

The fairest thing would be a big ''parallel projects'' section, where Soul Asylum, The Replacements, Loaded, Neurotic Outsiders, Rockstar Supernova, Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, Praxis, Primus, Snakepit, VR, etc can be discussed there. VR is just ONE of SEVERAL bands that are related to GNR in one or another way. Nothing more than that.

I'm not against discussing VR in this forum; I'm against a VR own section. I think it's not fair under any circuntances.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2007, 02:27:09 PM »

Norah Jones has several Grammys, and GNR doesnt have one. Does it converts Norah Jones in a better artist?

Tommy Stinson played last wednesday with Soul Asylum. Tommy Stinson is the current GNR bassist. Why we dont have a Soul Asylum section and we have a VR, that has absoluty nothing to do with Guns N' Roses present and in no way its a better band than SA? Is that a matter of ''number of musicians''? Well, for example, C2B3 has just one less member related to GNR than VR.

The fairest thing would be a big ''parallel projects'' section, where Soul Asylum, The Replacements, Loaded, Neurotic Outsiders, Rockstar Supernova, Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, Praxis, Primus, Snakepit, VR, etc can be discussed there. VR is just ONE of SEVERAL bands that are related to GNR in one or another way. Nothing more than that.

I'm not against discussing VR in this forum; I'm against a VR own section. I think it's not fair under any circuntances.

norah jones is a more highly decorated artist than GnR for sure...and you didnt say "better" you said "Bigger"...i just beg to differ SA is not "Bigger" than VR and once Libertad is out then i'm sure that VR will eclipse SA in terms of commercial success peace

and there is a soul asylum thread in the bad obsession section and any tommy/soul asylum news gets poted in the main gnr section...as is hookers and blow and any other current band members side projects....im not really sure what you are getting at with this argument Undecided

To me (and many others i might add) slash and duff were jsut as integral to GnR's past success as axl...The Vr section (I believe) was intended for those GnR fans that wanted to follow both Slash'n'Duff as well as Axl in their current career...somewhere along the line since 2004 Slash ended up being the bad guy Undecided

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2007, 02:37:12 PM »

If you get rid of VR might as well get rid of the Ex Gunners section too, dontcha think.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2007, 02:47:24 PM »

If you get rid of VR might as well get rid of the Ex Gunners section too, dontcha think.

no, they could either merge the VR section in to the ex-gunners or delete it all and start a thread about them in bad obsession or something, like "child board" in the bad obsession or something, i dunno
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2007, 02:53:11 PM »

no, they could either merge the VR section in to the ex-gunners or delete it all and start a thread about them in bad obsession or something, like "child board" in the bad obsession or something, i dunno

If they merged into Ex Gunners all the VR related threads would be posted in there and then that section would just turn into a VR section anyway.  So if the board doesn't really want VR talked highlighted with it's own section, might as well get rid of anything having to do with the old members cuz that's what it's gonna turn into.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2007, 03:55:10 PM »

If they merged into Ex Gunners all the VR related threads would be posted in there and then that section would just turn into a VR section anyway.  So if the board doesn't really want VR talked highlighted with it's own section, might as well get rid of anything having to do with the old members cuz that's what it's gonna turn into.
nah, it would just be mixed up with everything like Izzy Stradlin solo albums, Adlers' mindblowing epic AFD, Gilby's projects, Buckethead's stuff, etc.   I don't see why VR should have any preference over those other guys I just mentioned.   
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2007, 06:47:11 PM »

My god I can't believe how delussional some of you people are,  I especially like nicorourke he always starts out as "just asking a question" but when he gets support he goes all fanatical...

If the VR section ever gets removed you will only end up with more trolls on this board and trying to deny the fact the original band member had anything to do with the succes of gnr is just stupid.... Roll Eyes
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2007, 09:38:55 PM »

If the VR section ever gets removed you will only end up with more trolls on this board
why, because it makes them angry that the site is focused primarily on GNR?  They can find a fucking VR board I think.   

and trying to deny the fact the original band member had anything to do with the succes of gnr is just stupid.... Roll Eyes
Where do you see anyone doing that?   Thats not the case at all.
nyd
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2007, 04:57:01 AM »

I personally think VR should be listed as a sub-forum to Ex-Gunners. I dont think the band is worthy of its own parent forum under "Wasn't Yesterday Great"  Undecided

Is there a GNR forum out there which has seperate sections for each individual member? That would be cool as I could talk about the good musicians (Izzy, Tommy, Gilby, Duff, Richard, Robin) and ignore the ones I dislike (Slash).
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2007, 06:15:45 AM »

My god I can't believe how delussional some of you people are,? I especially like nicorourke he always starts out as "just asking a question" but when he gets support he goes all fanatical...

I like you too Kiss

I'm not being fanatic at all, I want to give GN'R all my support. I love the band we have, It's my choice and It's my right.

I don't want to erase the past or re-write it, I ain't like that. I know damn well who did what, don't worry.

But ... I want to support the band we have right now !

All I'm saying is that the VR section could be merged in the Ex-gunners one, and have one single big thread about them there. Why give them a platform here, when a lot of people are screaming "I want to move on"

"Wasn't yesterday great ?" -> Yeah, It was amazing ! But It was yesterday.

HTGTH is the biggest GN'R board on the web, so in my opinion it should be an exemple and give the actual band full support, without offering VR free publicity.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2007, 06:38:05 PM »

As it stands right now, Slash & Duff have played on every single song on every single release made by Guns N' Roses (who this website is dedicated to), and you want to discourage conversation about them? -- It doesn't make sense that this board should have no "Ex-Gunners" section... and futhermore, because VR are more popular than other ex-gunner solo projects, it doesn't make sense to not have them seperated to keep the board more organized.

but they haven't been in the band for over 10 years.? ?i have no interest in the past and see no reason to dwell on it.? ?

You have no interest in the past? So you never listen to AFD, Lies, UYIs or Spaghetti Incident anymore?

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2007, 06:59:56 PM »

My god I can't believe how delussional some of you people are,? I especially like nicorourke he always starts out as "just asking a question" but when he gets support he goes all fanatical...

I like you too Kiss

I'm not being fanatic at all, I want to give GN'R all my support. I love the band we have, It's my choice and It's my right.

I don't want to erase the past or re-write it, I ain't like that. I know damn well who did what, don't worry.

All I'm saying is that the VR section could be merged in the Ex-gunners one, and have one single big thread about them there. Why give them a platform here, when a lot of people are screaming "I want to move on"

HTGTH is the biggest GN'R board on the web, so in my opinion it should be an exemple and give the actual band full support, without offering VR free publicity.

It's amazing how some people are caught up in the politics of the situation, its not like football and you're only allowed to support one band. It's just music, why are you trying to turn into politics, something it isn't. Giving VR free publicity, WTF? It's not too political parties we're talking about here. One guy said we should have a board for a seperate band coz Brain and Buckethead were in it? It's quite obvious to anyone why Velvet Revolver are more important than all the other ex-gunners projects (with the exception of Izzy) and they are also much more active, much more to discuss. Whether or not you like their music, if you can't see their importance then you're not a true GnR fan. As VR is obviously something a lot of GnR fans would like to discuss, it makes sense to have a seperate forum. And most GnR fans think Velvet Revolver are great too and have no problem giving them free publicity. And incidentally, Velvet Revolver is part of moving on.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2007, 08:15:45 PM »

My god I can't believe how delussional some of you people are,  I especially like nicorourke he always starts out as "just asking a question" but when he gets support he goes all fanatical...

I like you too Kiss

It's quite obvious to anyone why Velvet Revolver are more important than all the other ex-gunners projects (with the exception of Izzy) and they are also much more active, much more to discuss. Whether or not you like their music, if you can't see their importance then you're not a true GnR fan.

Bullshit. I dont need you to tell me if I am a true GNR fan. I dont like VR, I think VR has nothing to do with GNR (fortunately) and I dont need to read Weiland's adventures trashing hotel rooms or beating his wife day after day to be a ''true gnr fan''. Who the hell is Scott Weiland? What the hell is he doing in a special section of a GNR forum?

I DONT THINK that all the parallel projects like Soul Asylum, Hookers N' Blow or Primus have to have a special section like VR has. I just think that NONE of these bands should have one special section. They should all confortably coexist in a big and general ''parallel projects'' section.

I am a GNR fan, and I dont like/care about VR... do I qualify as a ''true fan''?  Huh

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2007, 08:57:20 PM »

I like you too Kiss

It's quite obvious to anyone why Velvet Revolver are more important than all the other ex-gunners projects (with the exception of Izzy) and they are also much more active, much more to discuss. Whether or not you like their music, if you can't see their importance then you're not a true GnR fan.

Bullshit. I dont need you to tell me if I am a true GNR fan. I dont like VR, I think VR has nothing to do with GNR (fortunately) and I dont need to read Weiland's adventures trashing hotel rooms or beating his wife day after day to be a ''true gnr fan''. Who the hell is Scott Weiland? What the hell is he doing in a special section of a GNR forum?

I DONT THINK that all the parallel projects like Soul Asylum, Hookers N' Blow or Primus have to have a special section like VR has. I just think that NONE of these bands should have one special section. They should all confortably coexist in a big and general ''parallel projects'' section.

I am a GNR fan, and I dont like/care about VR... do I qualify as a ''true fan''?? Huh

Great post, I agree 100%. I know I'm a longtime true GN'R fan and I don't need some asshole to tell me I'm not a "true" fan just because I don't like some boring band with three quitters, one nobody and a junkie.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2007, 11:23:37 PM »

Great post, I agree 100%. I know I'm a longtime true GN'R fan and I don't need some asshole to tell me I'm not a "true" fan just because I don't like some boring band with three quitters, one nobody and a junkie.

actually, thats 2 quitters, 1 asshole who got himself fired, a nobody, and a poor man's eddie vedder on heroin.

You have no interest in the past? So you never listen to AFD, Lies, UYIs or Spaghetti Incident anymore?
of course i listen to the old albums, that doesn't mean i sit here and wish for the old lineup again and give a rats ass aboout VR.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2007, 02:25:35 AM »

I dont need to read Weiland's adventures trashing hotel rooms or beating his wife day after day to be a ''true gnr fan''.

... and I dont like/care about VR...

Then how did you happen to know about the trashed hotel room?  Like someone in this thread has already mentioned (and it was conviently ignored by everybody)... Collapse the fucking "Ex-Gunners" section on the main screen if you don't want to read about it, is it really that complicated?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: