Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:46:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?  (Read 34996 times)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »

The whiners would whine?

so u mean no mod would smite me and lock it and direct me to the VR section?

someone made a GNR thread in the bad obsession section a few weeks ago  hihi
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2007, 09:46:44 PM »

I really fail to see the  problem here, other than an attempt to restrict information  and discussion.

The key  is freedom of choice.

If you don't like a program on TV, don't watch it.
If you don't like an author, don't buy his books.
If you don't like a band, don't buy their music or go to their shows.
If you don't like  an artist, don't  buy his  art.
If you don't like or have an interest  in VR, don't go to that section at this site.

It  is simple.
The situation  is fine the way it is and does  not need changing. (IMO)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2007, 11:18:39 PM »

someone made a GNR thread in the bad obsession section a few weeks ago  hihi

haha, for chrissake man......  hihi
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2007, 05:50:46 AM »

I really fail to see the  problem here, other than an attempt to restrict information  and discussion.

If you don't like or have an interest  in VR, don't go to that section at this site.

It  is simple.

That is daft logic. Why don't we go ahead and create a section here for Vanilla Ice. If you don't have an interest in VI, don't go there...

No, I'm not comparing VR to Vanilla Ice, just saying that argument makes no sense.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2007, 08:22:56 AM »

It  is simple.

That is daft logic. Why don't we go ahead and create a section here for Vanilla Ice. If you don't have an interest in VI, don't go there...

No, I'm not comparing VR to Vanilla Ice, just saying that argument makes no sense.

VR contains two extremely importent ex guns n roses members who along with axl and izzy wrote the majority of the classic songs we all know and love, so why shouldnt we be able to talk about there projects they are in now?

html sucks
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2007, 09:16:19 AM »

VR contains two extremely importent ex guns n roses members who along with axl and izzy wrote the majority of the classic songs we all know and love, so why shouldnt we be able to talk about there projects they are in now?

Now that's a whole different topic... I was talking about Krispy's "if you don't want to see it, don't look at it" ideology. What you're saying there has been discussed in this thread a million times already.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2007, 10:31:36 PM »

I've changed my mind, just delete the VR section, it will never be anything more than a New GN'R .vs. VR section...  VR fans will keep hyping Slash and Duff over the new GN'R and the GN'R fans will continously attack Weiland and say "I'm just stating my opinion on him from a GN'R fan's perspective, this IS a GN'R board afterall."

I say can it!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2007, 04:01:48 PM »

I must point out that JB isn't one to argue, since ROV has a more predominate VR section  hihi
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2007, 08:02:30 PM »

I must point out that JB isn't one to argue, since ROV has a more predominate VR section  hihi

thats a different board tho 
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2007, 07:09:39 AM »

Again, with all the fuzz going on lately, and people clearly disrespecting the band's entourage and words, why is the VR section still there ?

I don't get it. I mean It's obvious that there's a 1,000 reasons why this section shouldn't exist.

Is it there just to drive trafic for the site ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2007, 07:24:20 AM »

Again, with all the fuzz going on lately, and people clearly disrespecting the band's entourage and words, why is the VR section still there ?

I don't get it. I mean It's obvious that there's a 1,000 reasons why this section shouldn't exist.

And we're back. yes

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »

It's always been there for GN'R fans to discuss whatever Duff, Slash and Matt are doing in VR.

Lately it seems like a place for VR fans (and Slash fans) to hide and bash GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2007, 11:44:42 AM »

It's always been there for GN'R fans to discuss whatever Duff, Slash and Matt are doing in VR.

Lately it seems like a place for VR fans (and Slash fans) to hide and bash GN'R.

/jarmo

Seems like I see a lot more VR and Slash bashing around here, than anything. 
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2007, 12:10:24 PM »

/jarmo

true.

Why is that if you don't agree with something that the guns camp does you get labled a basher, whiner, hater,ext.

That is just complete bull shit .some motherfuckers would buy a used rubber from the guns camp it they were selling them .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2007, 12:16:50 PM »

Well that's somewhat understandable since this board is not dedicated to Slash or VR.

People shouldn't come here with the illusion that we all love Scott and VR just because former GN'R members are in the band.

If you want to find a place where everybody loves VR, do a Google search.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2007, 12:17:54 PM »

Well that's somewhat understandable since this board is not dedicated to Slash or VR.

People shouldn't come here with the illusion that we all love Scott and VR just because former GN'R members are in the band.

/jarmo

that is fair enough. But at the same time why do we have to love and agree with everything from the gund camp?

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2007, 12:26:57 PM »

Seems like I see a lot more VR and Slash bashing around here, than anything.?

/jarmo

that is fair enough. But at the same time why do we have to love and agree with everything from the gund camp?

That's ok, then, for VR etc to be bashed, since this is a Guns site, afterall.  But, once GnR starts getting bashed, well that's another story, then.

Truthfully I never had a real problem with anything before today. (I mean there's always going to be a fair amount of this stuff going on here or any other similar site - that's a given).  It's just the way this particular instance has been handled.     

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2007, 12:29:20 PM »

You don't have to agree if you don't want to.

You don't seem to agree with anything and it makes you look like a miserable person...

Some of you only seem to agree as soon as something bad is written about the band which is kinda weird. Anything negative is labeled the truth and GN'R side is always lies to make the band look good.

Personal attacks on the band members and constant bashing of the band is not something we think belongs on a fan site.

I can't relate to the idea that in order to be a proper fan you need to make fun of the band, its members and complain about things you know won't change.

/jarmo

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2007, 12:34:03 PM »

You don't have to agree if you don't want to.

You don't seem to agree with anything and it makes you look like a miserable person...

Some of you only seem to agree as soon as something bad is written about the band which is kinda weird. Anything negative is labeled the truth and GN'R side is always lies to make the band look good.

Personal attacks on the band members and constant bashing of the band is not something we think belongs on a fan site.

I can't relate to the idea that in order to be a proper fan you need to make fun of the band, its members and complain about things you know won't change.

/jarmo

Sir I don't complain about everything they do.

But I will call bullshit on things that seem like bullshit.Being a fan does mean you have to blindly follow and agree with them .

A course some think you have to have your head buried up the band ass to be a fan.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2007, 12:39:38 PM »

Fortunately, some of us have enough logic and broad mindedness to criticize the band for their shortcomings and applaud them when they are doing something positive. Being a 'fan' does not mean you side with everything the band does.

Oh and by the way, adults don't huff and puff about something, somebody, somewhere said about their idol, especially in the media, when it's quite obviously done to generate some publicity. That behaviour is more suited to children.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: