Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:08:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL thread  (Read 112203 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2006, 03:37:03 AM »

Seatle 31 Pittsburgh 28...Hasselbeck wins MVP.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2006, 03:54:38 AM »

Let me break it down Brandon Lang "2 for the money" Style.

Seattle played in one of the weakest divisions and played a super easy schedule.

Pittsburgh went 11-5 although Roethlisberger missed some games due to injury if not they probably go 13-3.

Pittsburgh are so much more physical than Seattle, Alexander will not be able to run and Hasselback will turn the ball over having to throw against Pittsburgh.

Parker and Bettis will run ok but Ben will control the game, Hines Ward and Randle El will have nice games.

I picked a 24-21 game but dont be shocked to see Pittsburgh blow them out 31-10 or something.

Remember, Seattle won by having an enormous home field advantage.

Pitt went to and beat Jacksonville *A very very tough team* went and knocked off the invincible Colts, and then to top it off, they go to one of the hardest places in the NFL to play in Denver and spank the Broncos.

Peyton Manning,Jake Plummer couldnt deal with the blitz, how do u think Matt Hasselback is gonna deal with it.

Put your cash on Pittsburgh.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 03:56:09 AM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #382 on: February 05, 2006, 07:42:41 PM »

Seattle 25

Pittsburgh 18

my guess for final score

MVP: Brandon Lang  hihi
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #383 on: February 05, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

Woo Hoo!!!  Stealers are Superbowl Champions again!! beer

My numbers didn't win, but I bet some guy $100 that Stealers would win by more that 7!  Grin

Why don't you just....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #384 on: February 05, 2006, 10:59:09 PM »

I was for Pittsburgh until the 4th quarter

Seattle got so blatantly fucked by the refs that I couldnt believe it.

Seattle got cheated big time in this game.

horrible call after horrible call went against them.

Ben DID NOT get into the end zone

That pass interference call on Seattle taking away the TD was bullshit

The holding penalty on Seattle was Bullshit that negated their first and goal.

the 15 yard penalty on Hasselback for tackling the INT returner was BUllshit.

2 holding penalties on that Randle El to Hines Ward pass wasnt called.

Seattle got a little jipped.

However

Mike Holmgren was a fuckin moron, he called an unbelievably ignorant game.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #385 on: February 05, 2006, 11:16:31 PM »

Mike Holmgren was a fuckin moron, he called an unbelievably ignorant game.
No truer words have ever been spoken. hihi I agree with you also about the shitty calls, but the refs shouldn't of even factored into the game. Pittsburgh couldn't do shit in the 1st quarter, and Seattle should have put them away early. It would have taken Pittsburgh by surprise, and they couldn't have relied on their running game. But like you said, Holmgren was a moron, and acted like he had no fucking idea what to do. Any other team would have destroyed Pittsburgh considering the very slow start they had. The Seahawks handed the Lombardi trophy to the Steelers on a silver platter. This Steelers team is the weakest Superbowl champions the NFL has seen in a long time.

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #386 on: February 05, 2006, 11:20:41 PM »

What sore losers!  yes

Seattle got damn lucky that someone touched Seattle's QB briefly because he screwed up and fumbled.  Lucky break for Seattle - too bad they couldn't act on it.  Roll Eyes

Why don't you just....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #387 on: February 05, 2006, 11:22:41 PM »

Why in the hell after that pass interference call did Holmgren call a run play twice, once on 1st and 20 and then on 2nd and 19.

They were passing all over Pittsburgh, they could not stop Seattle. Holmgren called run plays and they got knocked out of FG range.

Then at the end of the 2nd Quarter, they waste 28 seconds off the clock by callin a totally pointless moronic run play when they shouldve been passing!!!

They made their poor FG kicker attempt two 50 plus yard FG's and thats too much to ask of a kicker.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #388 on: February 05, 2006, 11:43:18 PM »

It was definitely the worst possible gameplan they could have had. Isn't Holmgren supposed to be a genius? hihi Had Carolina made it, they would have been up 3 touchdowns in the first quarter. You're right about the kicker. You cant put the team's weight on his shoulders unless its the last few seconds of the game and he can seal the victory. Holmgren should step down as head coach.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #389 on: February 06, 2006, 05:00:06 AM »

hop. i was watchin TV last night, around midnight (here in france) and FRANCE 2 , big mainstream channel, was showing the superbowl live. ahah
that was funny Smiley
so watch a little. and it's not that bad. it was kinda interesting, i only watched a couple minutes, so i dunno if the game was good. but us football looked better than i remembered
i remember being BORED at the game when i was in college in the US, like i was playing game boy ....
but last night, it looked fun on tv Smiley

sandman
Legend

« Reply #390 on: February 06, 2006, 08:48:19 AM »

big ben choked. and pittsburgh still won by 11 points. seattle just isn't a great team. they are a good team, not great.

the difference was big plays. the steelers made them, and seattle did not.

did anyone bet the game? i was nervous during the last 10 minutes. cause if seattle had scored a TD, all the money bet on the game would have come down to a 2-point conversion.

cause it was 21-10 - if seattle scores they would have gone for 2. so seattle would have either been down by 3 (if they made it), or down by 5 (if the 2-point conversion was unsuccessful). and the line was 4. that would have been insane!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #391 on: February 06, 2006, 09:41:31 AM »

Seattle did make the big plays, they just got overturned by horseshit calls.

The touchdown in the first quarter wasn't Offensive pass interference.
The pass that brought Seattle to the one yardline, not only wasn't a hold, but the Pittsburg End was off sides.
Also there was a blatant hold on the Randell El to Ward touchdown that should have called it back.

Thats a 21 point swing.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #392 on: February 06, 2006, 09:56:05 AM »

Seattle did make the big plays, they just got overturned by horseshit calls.

The touchdown in the first quarter wasn't Offensive pass interference.
uh, yes it was
 it was a small push off - but when you do that kind of thing RIGHT IN FRONT of a fucking ref you're gonna get called for it

the ref was RIGHT THERE. They'll call that everytime when it's right in front of them

The pass that brought Seattle to the one yardline, not only wasn't a hold, but the Pittsburg End was off sides.

I don't remember this one - trying to remember it...

Also there was a blatant hold on the Randell El to Ward touchdown that should have called it back.

I didn't see one.  That was a SWEET gaget play!  yes I mean, he was still running while throwing it & it couldn't have been a more perfect pass !  Face it!

Why don't you just....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #393 on: February 06, 2006, 10:13:57 AM »

I didn't see one.? That was a SWEET gaget play!? yes I mean, he was still running while throwing it & it couldn't have been a more perfect pass !? Face it!

Great Pass, he was an amazing college quarterback (better than his current pro quarterback(in college that is)) but when you are freed in the reverse with a hold.... It really doesn't matter.

If you call them on one team, call them on both.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #394 on: February 06, 2006, 10:54:18 AM »

the pushoff WAS a penalty. it seems like a weak call, but it's one that has to be called. it was a mistake by the seattle WR.

the seahawks made one big play, and it was by the defense.

they didn't lose because of the refs, they lost because...

- stevens dropped 3 huge passes (including one that would have put them inside the 10).
- hasslebeck threw a horrible interception when they had a great drive going.
- they committed stupid holding penalties that brought back big passing plays and a big punt return.
- their punter had an awful game.
- they gave up a 75 yard TD run. totally inexcusable. i don't care how great pitt's blocking was, the reason it went for 7 was because seattle's safety made a mistake.
- absolutely horrible clock management before the half.     

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #395 on: February 06, 2006, 03:32:15 PM »

Explain to me the 15 yard penalty on Hasselback after the pick when he made the tackle?

That was bullshit!

Jerammy stevens talked all that shit and dropped 3 critical passes that a damn high school TE could catch.

There were some bad calls, but even if Ben's TD was ruled not a TD, they would've had 4th and about 2 inches so im fully confident they would've walked it in.

Holmgren got outcoached.

they were down 7-3, were across midfield on about the 35 and had 43 seconds and a Time Out.

they fucking run the football, let the clock go down to 13 seconds!

U cant do that in the SB.

Also after the questionable Pass Interference call in the end zone, Holmgren on 1st and 20 and then 2and and 19, RUNS THE BALL! what a dumbass!

Darryl Jackson had 5 catches for 50 yards in the first quarter and Pitt could not stop the passing game.

But holmgren stops throwing!

DUMB DUMB DUMB coaching cost Seattle the SB.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #396 on: February 06, 2006, 03:51:13 PM »

Hasselback just sucked, the guy is terrible under pressure, and he has no ability to think on the fly.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: February 06, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »

Hasselback just sucked, the guy is terrible under pressure, and he has no ability to think on the fly.

rofl  Are you serious?

Hasselback played a hell of a lot better than Rothlisberger.  Hasselbeck made two bad plays and that was it.  He threw an interception and he audibled twice while the clock was going down in the first half.  Other than that, he played well.  Shit, Rothlisberger only completed like 9 passes and threw 2 interceptions. 

And for those who think that it was a bad call to run the ball with 49 seconds left in the first half are wrong.  I will tell you why.  If seattle passes the ball twice there and they are both incomplete, Pittsburgh gets the ball back with around 35 seconds left and could possibly score.  By running the ball, you not only get into field goal range and give your kicker a chance to kick a field goal, but it takes some time off the clock so if you don't make it on 3rd, pittsburgh doesn't have nearly as much time to score.  And if Seattle does make a first down on 3rd down, they have enough timeouts still to get a shot at the touchdown.  The problem however, was not the playcall, it was Hasselbeck taking too much time at the line of scrimmage.   

The fact of the matter is, Seattle dominated the game, but huge horseshit penalties prevented them from finishing there drives off.  And really, Pittsburgh only had 3 plays.  Don't get me wrong, give them credit because they were big plays, but that was it.  Seattle averaged over 4 yards per carry on the ground and passed the ball well.  They just got two touchdowns taken away from them by the reffs.  I hate to blame a game on reffs, because usually they will make a call that will even out things, but they were shitty yesterday in Pittsburgh's favor. 

How about this one?  Hasselbeck completes a pass to Stevens down on Pittsburghs 1 yard line.  It was brought back due to a holding call, that wasn't even close.  Even John Madden said it was a bad call.  Then Hasselback throws a pick (Seattle's fault), and to top that off he gets penalized for making a tackle on the guy.  The reffs said it was an illegal block.  How in the hell do you get an illegal block when you tackling a guy?  So now, Pitt has the ball in Seattle territory and scores on the next play.  So instead of it being 17-14 Seattle in the 4th QT, it's 21-10 Pitt.  That was the turning point in the game.

Seattle didn't play perfect (two dropped passes, 1 interception, and bad clock management), but they actually outplayed Pittsburgh, and it was a shame the the reffs had so much of an impact on the game.     

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #398 on: February 06, 2006, 10:21:13 PM »

It was definitely the worst possible gameplan they could have had. Isn't Holmgren supposed to be a genius? hihi Had Carolina made it, they would have been up 3 touchdowns in the first quarter. You're right about the kicker. You cant put the team's weight on his shoulders unless its the last few seconds of the game and he can seal the victory. Holmgren should step down as head coach.

If you don't know anything about Seattle, which most of you don't because you don't watch them enough or hear about them much.? Then don't make such idiotic and ignorant remarks.? Holmgren turned Seattle around from there dismal 8-8 seasons, and took them to a Super Bowl.? They had the best offense in the league, they led the league in sacks, and they went 15-4 on the season.? Holmgren has turned Seattle into a great football team, and they will be good again next season.?  ?

By the way, I love how you say Carlolina would have been 3 touchdowns up after the first.? Well, Seattle dominated Carolina in every facit of the game.? Next, are you guys going to tell me Seattle was lucky all season?? It will be nothing new, I've heard it already from people on TV who have no clue about Seattle.? If you don't know anything about a team, you shouldn't say much.? ?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:25:04 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: February 06, 2006, 10:26:49 PM »

Yeah, I know.? I'm a little bitter, but when it's your teams first appearance in a Super Bowl and you get screwed by some calls.? You get a little frustrated.? I will be alright in a couple of days however.? ok

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: