Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 03:23:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  ATTENTION : Northeast U.S. (New Jersey acting-Gov declares State of Emergency)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION : Northeast U.S. (New Jersey acting-Gov declares State of Emergency)  (Read 5807 times)
Edward Rose
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:53:02 PM »

Big storm coming around Sunday yo. For more than a day the wind will blow...

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE UPTON NY
437 AM EDT THU APR 12 2007

A SIGNIFICANT...POSSIBLY MAJOR...NOR/EASTER WILL AFFECT THE
REGION ON SUNDAY INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK. IN ADDITION TO POTENTIALLY
HEAVY RAIN OF SEVERAL INCHES AND STRONG GUSTY WINDS OF 40 MPH OR
HIGHER...THERE IS A HIGH CONCERN THAT SIGNIFICANT COASTAL FLOODING
COULD ACCOMPANY THIS STORM. THIS STORM WILL COINCIDE WITH A PERIOD
OF SPRING TIDES. ONLY 1 TO 2 FEET OF TIDAL SURGE ARE NEEDED SUNDAY
EVENING INTO TUESDAY TO PRODUCE MODERATE COASTAL FLOODING. SINCE
THIS IS A SLOW MOVING STORM...TIDAL PILING/STORM SURGE COULD BE
VERY SIGNIFICANT RESULTING IN COASTAL FLOODING AND BEACH EROSION
NOT SEEN ALONG OUR COASTS IN MANY YEARS.

RESIDENTS NEED TO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS WEEKEND/S STORM AND
BE PREPARED TO PROTECT PROPERTY FROM HIGH WINDS AND FLOODING.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO MONITOR NOAA ALL HAZARDS WEATHER RADIO OR VISIT
OUR WEB SITE AT WEATHER.GOV/NYC FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND UPDATES.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:05:46 AM by Edward Rose » Logged
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 01:56:07 PM »

Big storm down in South Florida today. Looked just like a hurricane. An exit sign flew off and almost hit my teacher smack in the face.  Tongue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 02:25:58 PM »

Yup, we're watching it closely and prepping to "batten down the hatches".  I'm just glad it's a) not snow and b) there is no snowpack to increase the flooding.

They're saying maybe 3 inches of rain within 24 hours.  Fun, fun.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Edward Rose
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 06:37:36 PM »

Yup, we're watching it closely and prepping to "batten down the hatches".  I'm just glad it's a) not snow and b) there is no snowpack to increase the flooding.

They're saying maybe 3 inches of rain within 24 hours.  Fun, fun.

The storm surge will certainly make for some good Live news coverage  hihi

I was there in 93' when The F.D.R. went under water. Crazy s***...

March 13th, 1993

Weather forecasters called this one: The storm of the Century.  Half of the U.S. population (26 States) was affected. In the U.S. 270 people were killed. Over 160 people were rescued by the Coast Guard in the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic. In Canadian Waters a 600 ft cargo ship went down. Property damage amounted to $ 2 billion. Every highway and airport was closed north of Atlanta. Florida was hit by a 12-ft storm surge and on it's path north-east it damaged uncounted beaches, homes and marinas. Right after the storm it turned exceptionally warm. The snow melted rapidly and the floodwaters damaged many more properties.

Damage on Fire Island was extensive. The New York Times in it's  December 15 edition reported: 12,000 Homes Said to Sustain Storm Damages and showed damaged houses on Fire Island. The storms were so powerful, they scoured from 70 to 100 ft of beach away, almost the entire length of the island. Dunes were reduced to 0 to 8ft in most places from their previous 15 to 25 feet.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 06:43:35 PM »

It's warm and sunny here.......for now.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 07:15:54 PM »

its shitty here in ohio  Sad

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 10:02:14 PM »

Glad I don't live in the NE.

here, we only have tornados and baseball sized hail. hihi
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »

its been hotter than hell since April started but today for some reason its all stormy and rainy and chilly.  Cry   it was a low of like 55 today. 
GeraldFord
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 10:13:51 PM »

So, like, what States need to worry?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 10:54:36 PM »

^All of them. It's Armageddon. At last.
Edward Rose
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 11:19:38 PM »

So, like, what States need to worry?

http://accuweather.com

Potentially Historic Storm Taking Shape

(State College, PA) - All eyes are now turning to the next storm coming through the Rockies Thursday night. That storm will produce heavy snow and dangerous thunderstorms across the central and southern Rockies to the Plains. This storm could become a historic storm for the mid-Atlantic and Northeast if it reaches its full potential late this weekend...

...as this storm continues on its eastward trek, it will produce snow in the Northeast as the weekend comes to a close. This storm has the potential to become a 100-year storm for many areas across the Northeast. The storm will move to the mid-Atlantic coast by Sunday night and rapidly strengthen. In addition, the storm will just sit for about 36 hours, resulting in a long duration of rain, wind and snow across much of the Northeast and mid-Atlantic. In regards to the snow, the upper potential accumulation could be 3 feet across parts of New York and Pennsylvania. The snow total could challenge all-time April snowfall records, such as the 11 inches that buried Williamsport, Pa., on April 2, 1924. Toward the coast, a soaking rain should fall, with strong winds bringing a threat of coastal flooding and beach erosion. Power outages are possible due to the heavy nature of the snow and strong winds lashing coastal areas. In Boston, the marathoners may face tropical-storm-force winds and heavy rain Monday.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »

All the way down to Flori-duh, fantastic, I love a good rain.

Looks like I should plan a quick skiing trip to the Holy Land again too, fresh powder!
Edward Rose
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 11:30:08 PM »

All the way down to Flori-duh, fantastic, I love a good rain.

Looks like I should plan a quick skiing trip to the Holy Land again too, fresh powder!

You must have been reading my mind  hihi

But seriously... that 1993 storm, and others, have killed many people who "head into the mountains for fun." No joke. Bring a GPS and a cell phone. And don't keep the battery IN the cell phone. Only put it in for calls. All cell phones drain battery even when turned "Off" and not in use. Keep it out and it'll last for days if you're only making a few emergency calls.

Oh yeah... don't for get the "WEED"!  smoking
Edward Rose
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 01:17:27 AM »

ESSEX-HUDSON-UNION-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)- KINGS (BROOKLYN)-SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- 1129 PM EDT FRI APR 13 2007

A COASTAL FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING.

MINOR COASTAL FLOODING WILL BE POSSIBLE DURING THE HIGH TIDE CYCLE ON SUNDAY MORNING. DURING THE HIGH TIDE CYCLE OF SUNDAY EVENING...ONLY 1.5 TO 2.5 FEET OF TIDAL SURGE WILL BE NEEDED TO PRODUCE MODERATE COASTAL FLOODING. THE SURGE DURING THIS TIME IS EXPECTED TO BE ABOVE THESE LEVELS...WITH PRELIMINARY SURGE FORECASTS OF AROUND 3 FEET. THIS WOULD PRODUCE SERIOUS COASTAL FLOODING SIMILAR TO THAT EXPERIENCED DURING THE HALLOWEEN STORM OF 1991 AND THE SUPER STORM OF MARCH 1993.

A COASTAL FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS FAVORABLE FOR FLOODING ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP. COASTAL RESIDENTS SHOULD BE ALERT FOR LATER STATEMENTS OR WARNINGS...AND TAKE ACTION TO PROTECT PROPERTY.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 02:37:51 AM »

My Imus-Doppler-Radar-5000 is showing Tropical Storm "Nappy-Ho" moving in from the south east, expected to hit the beard first down in my homeland of Cuba before heading up the coast and crushing Miami-what a bitch.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 09:30:34 AM »

This absolutely sucks for my baseball. It's been cold as shit lately up here in NJ and have barely been able to get games in. Now we're getting this rain and it's probably going to make us stay inside in our gym practicing for another week or two.

I want spring weather now.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 09:32:19 AM »

I got some of it last night in TX  hihi
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 11:28:36 AM »

My Imus-Doppler-Radar-5000 is showing Tropical Storm "Nappy-Ho" moving in from the south east, expected to hit the beard first down in my homeland of Cuba before heading up the coast and crushing Miami-what a bitch.
and here I thought I'd be missing something today Undecided            rofl

Edward Rose
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 05:15:14 PM »

I got some of it last night in TX  hihi

You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet. B'B'B' Baby you just ain't seen nothin' yet.  hihi

Black clouds are visible over Haltom City, Texas, on Friday, where the storm tore roofs off houses.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WEATHER/04/14/spring.storm.ap/index.html

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) -- A severe weather system blamed for five deaths plowed eastward Saturday, rattling the Gulf states with strong thunderstorms as the Northeast prepared for possible coastal flooding.

The storm blew across the southern Plains on Friday, piling snow a foot deep in Kansas and raking Texas with high wind.

"I felt my house start shaking like the wind and I ran in here and grabbed my little girl," Amanda Rymer, 21, said in Haltom City, Texas. "As soon as I moved her, the roof fell in right where she was standing."

The storm tore roofs off houses in Rymer's neighborhood and destroyed porches and garages. About a dozen tractor-trailer rigs were blown onto their sides.

One man was killed in Fort Worth by a pile of lumber that fell on him from his truck during the storm, and a police officer in Irving died when his patrol car slid on wet pavement and struck a utility pole, authorities said.

Three people were killed in Kansas in traffic accidents on highways covered with ice and slush, police said Saturday.

By midday Saturday, the system was spreading rain from Louisiana to Virginia and across much of the Ohio Valley.

Lines of strong thunderstorms rolled across Louisiana and Mississippi into northern Alabama, and the National Weather Service posted tornado warnings for wide areas of Mississippi.

The weather system was forecast to strengthen when it reaches the East Coast on Sunday and form a nor'easter, a storm that follows the coast northward, with northeasterly wind driving waves and heavy rain.

"This is very odd for this time of year," National Weather Service meteorologist John Koch said Saturday in New York. "This is something that you would expect to see more in the middle of winter."

A flood watch was posted for the New York City region, as the weather service forecast 2 to 4 inches of rain Sunday with wind gusting to 50 mph. Snow and sleet were possible inland, Koch said.

The combination of rain, onshore wind and the approach of one of the spring's highest tides on Tuesday could add up to significant coastal surges, Koch said.

The New York National Guard alerted units that might be needed for emergency work, and Long Island's Suffolk County told emergency workers to be ready for possible duty.

"There is potential for a very bad storm," said Joseph Williams, Suffolk County's commissioner of fire, rescue and emergency services.

Snow continued falling Saturday in eastern Kansas, where some schools and businesses closed Friday as blowing snow created whiteout conditions. Nearly a foot of snow fell near Syracuse, Kansas.

NASCAR Nextel Cup qualifying races at Texas Motor Speedway were halted and thousands of fans were advised to move to safety as tornado sirens blared at the speedway in Fort Worth.

A tornado was spotted near Bedford, a suburb between Dallas and Forth Worth, though no damage was reported, the National Weather Service said.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 06:06:39 PM »

jesus, when global warmings had its way, england will have storms like that too.

Scary thought!

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: