Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:27:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Alec Baldwin's Threatening Message to Daughter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alec Baldwin's Threatening Message to Daughter  (Read 15215 times)
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 05:04:57 PM »

But come on, how many of us would really want everything we ever said to our kids or partner recorded??

Except for the fact that he left this message on his daughter's voicemail - he knew he was being recorded.? Additionally, he knows he is in the midst of an ugly situation, so he should be smart enough to watch himself, especially when speaking to his young and impressionable child.?

Yeah, he flipped out.? He should have known better.? My point is that everyone makes mistakes, and I'll bet most of us have lost our temper at one time or another where the fact that it was being recorded wouldn't have stopped us.

Good point, but this guy has always been known as a hothead and perhaps on the abusive side so, when you are in the midst of a custody battle, you really watch what you say and do.? I'm not sure this guy has his head screwed on too straight and maybe it is really a good thing he isn't this child's primary caregiver.? Pure speculation on my part, but if my ex had ever spoken to our son that way, I would have been so far into his business . . .
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 05:06:48 PM by pugdog1987 » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 05:26:17 PM »

at 12 years old, you can't imagine what i would have done when my father pissed me off..

12 years old in a girl ? woaaah, the laugh..beginning of puberty and adolescence, rebellion, daily wars...

Calling her what he called her ? out of anger, i can well imagine a 12 year old finding a way to humiliate her father by what he dreads most...irritating i know, but imagine the stupid girl did something quite extraordinarily intelligent ?? hihi hihi

A " oh yeah, I'M stupid now ?"

If that's actually the case, then I applaud her for standing up for herself and having the thick skin to deal with her insensitive peers that will no doubt use this against her.
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 05:36:51 PM »

Firstly, what the hell gives any moron here the right to pass judgment on Alec Baldwin's familial disputes?

Secondly, is there any way that we can turn this into a pitch for Alec to star in a remake of Falling Down?
sisterofyu
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 06:49:44 PM »

It made me laugh, and my kids heard it and laughed too, its sounds like something there dad could do if he was pissed off enough and hes an attorney. I dont think it was ok what he did but he is human and if the only way he can communicate with her is scheduled calls and she keeps blowing him off of course hes mad. Kids can piss parents off enough to make them become fools of themselves and alecs daughter probably leaked it to make her dad looked like an ass......keekee Cheesy, Im sure being exposed to welath & hollywood the kids not naive
GeraldFord
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 07:09:40 PM »

Wow...just heard the tape. What an asshole.
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 07:26:14 PM »

You're right.? I certainly wouldn't put up with my ex talking to my children like that.? But let me ask you this, when Kim Bassinger heard that voicemail, did she feel immediately protective and concerned for her child's wellbeing?? Or did she think "Yeah!? Now I've got him! " ?

Again, good point, but given the insanity back and forth and the character assassination that is a huge part of any custody battle, I'm sure she felt both, in what order, I don't wish to guess!!! 
Annie
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 07:39:48 PM »

Who is the adult and who is the child? His remarks were verbally and emotionally abusive and if I were Kim Basinger I would not let that man anywhere near my daughter. Kim divorced him because she wanted to protect her daughter from his angry outbursts. There is a difference between losing patience and being abusive and he crossed that line. Hopefully he hasn't set her up for a lifetime of abusive relationships with men.
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 07:42:46 PM »

There is a difference between losing patience and being abusive and he crossed that line.

I can't begin to imagine the precious, coddled upbringing some of you must have had judging by your remarks. I didn't realize that the Bradys had so many children.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 07:51:25 PM »

There is a difference between losing patience and being abusive and he crossed that line.

I can't begin to imagine the precious, coddled upbringing some of you must have had judging by your remarks. I didn't realize that the Bradys had so many children.

what the hell does anybody upbring have to do with how this ass clown treated his daughter?

the dude was wrong for doing what he did.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 08:01:38 PM »

if i am brady, i am proud, at least i was educated.

being violent and vulgar goes to show a lot and i am sorry if you don't fucking like it, but alec baldwin is ever so vulgar, thank god his brothers save the lot.

Nothing to say
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 08:23:20 PM »

what the hell does anybody upbring have to do with how this ass clown treated his daughter?

In which case parents all over the world are "wrong" on an embarrassingly frequent basis. Which is fine, no-one can be "right" all of the time. I'm sure you'll never lose your temper though, so take solace in the fact that at least somebody is perfect.
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 08:24:57 PM »

being violent and vulgar goes to show a lot and i am sorry if you don't fucking like it, but alec baldwin is ever so vulgar, thank god his brothers save the lot.

I don't think the fucking vulgar fucking Baldwin fucking dropped the fucking f-bomb while fucking leaving his fucking message. But fucking sure, he's the fucking vulgar fucking one.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 08:28:56 PM »

In which case parents all over the world are "wrong" on an embarrassingly frequent basis. Which is fine, no-one can be "right" all of the time. I'm sure you'll never lose your temper though, so take solace in the fact that at least somebody is perfect.

Now your just grasping for straws sir. Nobody is perfect. every body loses their temper from time to time but not everybody takes it out on their fucking kids. like he did.

the fact that other have done the same and maybe worse. mean that it was alright for him to do that?Or is it  that dude is a famous  and shouldn't be called out for anything done wrong?

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 08:30:10 PM »

I don't think the fucking vulgar fucking Baldwin fucking dropped the fucking f-bomb while fucking leaving his fucking message. But fucking sure, he's the fucking vulgar fucking one.

why are so set on defending the man ... is he your gay lover?? whats the problem sir.?? do you have an alec B shrine in you closet?

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 08:32:33 PM »

Now your just grasping for straws sir. Nobody is perfect. every body loses their temper from time to time but not everybody takes it out on their fucking kids. like he did.

the fact that other have done the same and maybe worse. mean that it was alright for him to do that?Or is it  that dude is a famous  and shouldn't be called out for anything done wrong?

No, he shouldn't be called out for doing what everyone else on the planet has the privilege of doing every day; losing his temper and making a fool of himself in a private communication. Your opinion of what he did, and mine, is utterly irrelevant and the whole incident is no-one's business but the Baldwins'.
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »

why are so set on defending the man ... is he your gay lover?? whats the problem sir.?? do you have an alec B shrine in you closet?

I dislike willful hypocrisy. But I do like irony, and hate to see it go to waste.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 08:34:39 PM »

No, he shouldn't be called out for doing what everyone else on the planet has the privilege of doing every day; losing his temper and making a fool of himself in a private communication. Your opinion of what he did, and mine, is utterly irrelevant and the whole incident is no-one's business but the Baldwins'.

So everybody should stay out of everybody business. even those socail works investigating child abuse. becouse it a personal matter.

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 08:38:06 PM »

Now who is grasping at straws? If equating your child with a barnyard animal in a moment of anger is not just hilarious but also a crime, we'd better start building more prisons. Lots of them.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 08:41:05 PM »

Now who is grasping at straws? If equating your child with a barnyard animal in a moment of anger is not just hilarious but also a crime, we'd better start building more prisons. Lots of them.

what your the one who said that what happens between a parent and a child is personal and everybody should butt out ...

or is that just for famous people?

berating a child is never funny and if you think it is that says a lot about the tip of person you are.

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 08:47:52 PM »

what your the one who said that what happens between a parent and a child is personal and everybody should butt out ...

or is that just for famous people?

berating a child is never funny and if you think it is that says a lot about the tip of person you are.

No, I believe I actually said "Your opinion of what he did, and mine, is utterly irrelevant and the whole incident is no-one's business but the Baldwins'." We know what he did. He didn't stick her head down the toilet, didn't fuck her in the ass in a broom closet. He called her a pig. It's clear that I was talking about that. You then tried to equate that with child abuse which is clearly not the correct level of comparison.

How exactly would you fare if the arbiters of moral decency had a direct line into your daily life? I think it was Jesus, of the Christ family, who said something along the lines of "let he who is free from sin cast the first stone," (though it may have been George Lucas. Not sure. Which one got nailed to the cross for Jar-jar?)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: