Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:05:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Spiderman III
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spiderman III  (Read 24615 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 02:11:31 PM »

ummm, exactly, to a certain degree.

...so we agree?? hihi

have u forgotten that the purpose of movies, especially these types of movies, is to have fun? and not analyze shit.

ohh generalising

So Schindlers List was made for the audience to have fun? nervous

Oh dear me thinks you made a foo' out of yo' self yes

look, all i'm trying to say is that when you have a movie with such a ridiculous premise when compared to real life, i doubt the writers really cared if the microwave thing made sense, or if they worried about some law about being legally dead, c'mon man.

your right - i'll try and dumb my self down to a level where i can enjoy it

what technique did u use to switch off ur brain in preparation? Booze? Total and utter lack of education? hihi

regarding Spiderman 3, i have high hopes, but more villains doesnt necessarily mean a better movie. look at Batman And Robin and X: Men: 3.

absolutely - i'd prefer a single villian we could could get to know, having multiple villians (as Batman Returns showed us) is often because none of the villians involved can carry the film on their own

I'd have loved to have just had Venom - Sandman's contrived back story - 'he..er....killed Ben Parker...er.....'' really wasnt needed
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 02:14:36 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 02:19:16 PM »

a movie, especially one based on a cartoon comic made for kids, should not be looked in fine detail, aslong as it has a decent story, lots of great action i enjoy most comic movies, its when they shove things in that are FAR too over the top in.

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 02:33:12 PM »

...so we agree?? hihi

have u forgotten that the purpose of movies, especially these types of movies, is to have fun? and not analyze shit.

ohh generalising

look, all i'm trying to say is that when you have a movie with such a ridiculous premise when compared to real life, i doubt the writers really cared if the microwave thing made sense, or if they worried about some law about being legally dead, c'mon man.

what technique did u use to switch off ur brain in preparation? Booze? Total and utter lack of education? hihi

regarding Spiderman 3, i have high hopes, but more villains doesnt necessarily mean a better movie. look at Batman And Robin and X: Men: 3.

absolutely - i'd prefer a single villian we could could get to know, having multiple villians (as Batman Returns showed us) is often because none of the villians involved can carry the film on their own

I'd have loved to have just had Venom - Sandman's contrived back story - 'he..er....killed Ben Parker...er.....'' really wasnt needed

awesome!! we agree on something!!! i agree about what u said regarding villians and sandman's back story.  as far as Schindler's List, notice how i said "especially these types of movies". u got me there, i did over generalize a bit.

a movie, especially one based on a cartoon comic made for kids, should not be looked in fine detail, aslong as it has a decent story, lots of great action i enjoy most comic movies, its when they shove things in that are FAR too over the top in.

THANK U!!!! its a fucking superhero movie dude!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 02:38:49 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 02:36:19 PM »

...so we agree?? hihi

ohh generalising

awesome!! we agree on something!!! i agree about what u said regarding villians and sandman's back story. as far as Schindler's List, notice how i said "especially these types of movies". u got me there, i did over generalize a bit.

horrah we agree on things

Spiderman is gonna rock no matter what, the first two have been great (though could have been much better...)

I'll be first in line when SM3 opens, so close...so close now

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 02:40:24 PM »

...so we agree?? hihi

ohh generalising

awesome!! we agree on something!!! i agree about what u said regarding villians and sandman's back story. as far as Schindler's List, notice how i said "especially these types of movies". u got me there, i did over generalize a bit.

horrah we agree on things

Spiderman is gonna rock no matter what, the first two have been great (though could have been much better...)

I'll be first in line when SM3 opens, so close...so close now

yeah i'm gonna see spiderman 3 as soon as possible too.

this whole deal with sandman killing peter's uncle reminds me of the first Batman movie, where they made it so the joker killed batman's parents. that always bothered me too, and i found that to be very contrived.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 02:52:31 PM »

this whole deal with sandman killing peter's uncle reminds me of the first Batman movie, where they made it so the joker killed batman's parents. that always bothered me too, and i found that to be very contrived.

its just a superhero film - doesnt have to make sense Wink

ya see what i was meaning before?

A superhero film has a wide range of absurdities they can pull on us - but somethings are just going to far.

At times the director and writers are just sticking two fingers at the audience and basically treating us as idiots

The whole Sandman angle is to make the audience care about a ''b'' list villian - c'mon, we're going to the cinema to see Venom, Sandman is padding - and why have they felt a film featuring Venom needs padding??

Spidey going evil and confronting those inner demons and then facing his toughest adversary - how does that need padding, you could get two films out of that!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2007, 04:11:18 PM »

So let me get this straight, you can suspend your disbelief about boxing but not about superheroes? LMFAO. And also, let me get another thing straight here.

Rocky is about overcoming seemingly impossible odds - the film featured Rocky triumphing over...you guessed it...

Rocky films are to all intents and purposes superhero films complete with supervillians blessed with superhuman abilities...Drago punches at 2150 ppsi!?!?! Tyson hit at 1200.....

You accuse us of turning our brains off, and yet you can't even put a coherent sentence together.

accuse Huh

What an odd thing to say....

Those in glass houses should not throw stones, especially regarding other people's intellect. Had he beaten a champ that was 30 years his senior as you wrote, he would have beaten an 85 year old according to your description of Rocky being 55 in the film.

hihi well spotted

lol - that is a typo my friend, i'm sure you've never made one

another example of a typo is this

'i think you rock!'

Your claims about Drago keep changing. First it was 1250 now it's up to 2150, or is that a typo also? I find your suspension of disbelief regarding boxing but not regarding a far-fetched superhero to be pretty hypocritical. I have no problem suspending my disbelief for EITHER subject. That's what films are mostly about, unless there is social commentary involved. Batman is the most realistic superhero, but a lot of the stuff that goes on in the comics and in the films is completely over the top, namely his two biggest villains: Joker and Two-Face. There is nothing wrong with a story being over the top as long as there is good character development. Otherwise, I would hate every superhero film and not just the crappy ones like Fantastic Four or X3. The reason I like Superman 1 and 2, X-Men 1 and 2, BB, SM1, and SM2 is because there is decent/good/great character development in all of those films.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:12:58 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Edward Rose
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007, 02:20:27 AM »

My interest in these stories lies more with the "tortured soul" aspect of the characters. Jedi's have to learn to let go of what they fear to lose so loved ones will never be used against them.

Spidey's the same way, so I think it's a big mistake if he's gonna marry Kirsten... or whatever her name is. She'll be captured and held hostage or something like that.

Michael Corleone: When they come... they come at what you love.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007, 03:22:50 AM »

Your claims about Drago keep changing. First it was 1250 now it's up to 2150, or is that a typo also?

Captain Ivan Drago of the Russian army punches with an average force of 1850 ppsi, but in ''montage mode' hits at 2150. That's superhuman strength if ever i saw it! Aint no chance Rocky would have been able to last more than a handful of blows, he's a true American hero!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2007, 03:23:56 AM »

My interest in these stories lies more with the "tortured soul" aspect of the characters. Jedi's have to learn to let go of what they fear to lose so loved ones will never be used against them.

Spidey's the same way, so I think it's a big mistake if he's gonna marry Kirsten... or whatever her name is. She'll be captured and held hostage or something like that.

Michael Corleone: When they come... they come at what you love.

indeed, shame those aspects of the film are ''undeveloped'' according to reviews.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2007, 04:51:34 AM »

The whole Sandman angle is to make the audience care about a ''b'' list villian - c'mon, we're going to the cinema to see Venom, Sandman is padding - and why have they felt a film featuring Venom needs padding??

Spidey going evil and confronting those inner demons and then facing his toughest adversary - how does that need padding, you could get two films out of that!

Venom is the padding. Sandman and "New Goblin" are the co-headliners. Maybe not to the strange, strange fanboys who think Venom is an interesting character, if those people truly exist, but in the context of the movie it's undeniable. I sincerely hope that those heading out to Spider-Man 3 on opening day for a dose of Venom aren't expecting him to be in play for long periods of time.

Is Venom more than a second-tier villain these days?
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2007, 03:57:13 PM »

Venom is the padding. Sandman and "New Goblin" are the co-headliners. Maybe not to the strange, strange fanboys who think Venom is an interesting character, if those people truly exist, but in the context of the movie it's undeniable. I sincerely hope that those heading out to Spider-Man 3 on opening day for a dose of Venom aren't expecting him to be in play for long periods of time.

Is Venom more than a second-tier villain these days?

Venom is the ultimate Spidey villain. He knows everything about Peter, he's practically unbeatable, and it takes a lot more than flashy fighting moves to beat him, which is something no second-tier villain should have. The way they changed Sandman (and used him at all) is bizarre. Too much could've been done with Venom. If he is just a side-villain and he is never used again that'll be ashamed.

Harry's Goblin was a pussy, and the Sandman was a B-list villain at best. Venom is fucking top of the list.

IMO they should've used the alien costume throughout the movie, but not give it to Brock until the very last scene, to set up a fourth movie. Then you could add a secondary villain like Scorpian, Lizard (although he could almost be the main villain), or the Vulture. But hey, that's just me.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2007, 03:58:13 PM »

saw some trailers.

it could be any big movie that came out in the past 8 years. boring.

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2007, 04:13:31 PM »

Venom is fucking top of the list.

In the movie? Or in general? I remember Venom as being a very boring, cliched character in the books, the "bizzaro Spider-Man." Visually appealing, with all the depth of a paddling pool. I'm not sure what sort of story you could tell with Venom as the main villain, given that his entire motivation is "I hate Spider-Man."

Best case scenario; They could have simply set up the symbiote suit in this movie and introduced Venom in a sequel using the Superman/Batman professional rivalry angle. That might have been interesting, to see Spider-Man usurped by a crime-fighting Venom who also has a vendetta against him. Perhaps they could have gone down that road if Marvel hadn't insisted in shoe-horning Venom into this movie.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »

Venom is fucking top of the list.

In the movie? Or in general? I remember Venom as being a very boring, cliched character in the books, the "bizzaro Spider-Man." Visually appealing, with all the depth of a paddling pool. I'm not sure what sort of story you could tell with Venom as the main villain, given that his entire motivation is "I hate Spider-Man."

Best case scenario; They could have simply set up the symbiote suit in this movie and introduced Venom in a sequel using the Superman/Batman professional rivalry angle. That might have been interesting, to see Spider-Man usurped by a crime-fighting Venom who also has a vendetta against him. Perhaps they could have gone down that road if Marvel hadn't insisted in shoe-horning Venom into this movie.

Not in the movie. I know he'll have a small role, but the character is sweet. If you watched the 90s cartoons, they had a tree-parter with him that I think could easily translate to a movie. I think Shocker was involved in that particular 3-parter cartoon (I could be wrong), and something like that could imo make the best Spidey movie yet.

In the comics Venom could be a little cheesy, but I think a modern, dark version would be great.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2007, 04:47:17 PM »

carnage is the best spider man villian. powers of venom, but with the mind of a mad man.

html sucks
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2007, 05:25:15 PM »

Carnage would be good for a terrorism story, but I don't think there's a ton of depth there.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »

New budget revealed

Currently at $350 million

Previous most expensive is Superman Returns at $270

...bear in mind Episode 3 was 99% cgi and cost $117 - someone has been ripped off!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2007, 01:11:36 PM »

carnage is the best spider man villian. powers of venom, but with the mind of a mad man.

Carnage would be awesome - he was even stronger than Venom, and as mad as a bag of snakes

...it would have to be a far more adult film to accomodate him though, without his evil nature he'd be just another cgi baddie

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2007, 05:48:17 PM »

o man all i've heard is bad stuff about this movie from critics and on other forums. the only good thing i heard was what my best friend said, he said it was pretty good overall but it seemed like some parts were rushed. i'll probably be seeing it tommorow.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: