Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  r ob i n update / statement
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: r ob i n update / statement  (Read 48287 times)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 10:59:58 PM »

Come on you guys, don't read too much into what he writes.
Robin of all people wouldn't stick any hidden meanings into what he says
None of the GNR members would, I'm sure they realise by now sometimes things they say are misinterpreted in depth, in too many different ways

If he doesn't want anyone misinterpreting what he said, perhaps he should have just played it straight. I know this type of writing is his style, but it doesn't fit the seriousness of the situation.

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 11:02:09 PM »

I think this is what the GNR community is in need of when things don't go according to plan.  Accidents happen, situations occur beyond control, and sometimes its no one's fault.  But it is decent of the guy to acknowledge that it sucks for those who have committed plenty to make the shows (airfare, travel, accommodations), let alone everyone involved.

It would be overtly critical to chastise the band for not wanting make the canceled shows.  However, a lot of the negativity directed towards the band over the few days could have been avoided had something like Robin's statement been released when certain information came to light. 

I'm holding to the belief that the reason why Tommy wasn't replaced during his rehabilitation is due to the band wanting to do something special for the Japanese/SA shows.  Perhaps a new song, a new set, or something big enough that the band wanted all members to be there to celebrate.  That's the only thing I can think of right now.  If this is the case, then it's completely acceptable to hold off on any performances until everyone who has been apart of this marathon can be on  board.

As usual, with a band like Guns N' Roses, we just don't know.  But thanks to statements like Robin's expression of frustration, we can identify with the emotional certainty that things seem to be simpler than we often make them out to be.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 11:07:21 PM »

It's hard for Guns' to give us a straight answer?  hihi
ben9785
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 11:22:59 PM »

None of the GNR members would, I'm sure they realise by now sometimes things they say are misinterpreted in depth, in too many different ways

If he doesn't want anyone misinterpreting what he said, perhaps he should have just played it straight. I know this type of writing is his style, but it doesn't fit the seriousness of the situation.

Look I understand, but Robin is not the tour manager, Robin is not the promoter, Robin is not in any position to give us any official information regarding the 'business'/'administrative' aspect of the tour. Just like the rest of the band members, he is really in no position to comment on behalf of GNR in an official context. What Robin has sent here is his own PERSONAL message of sympathy to fans, directed after a number of emails he must be getting, that is all. Trust me, I completely understand your frustration that there is no official word, but don't take this statement from Robin as an official word, this is his own personal letter. An official statement would come from Axl, Del James, or manager/crew representing GNR.

I hope you understand.

I'm not defending anybody here and I'm not sucking up, I'm not happy about lack of official information either but don't expect it from Robin yknow
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 11:25:59 PM »

Look I understand, but Robin is not the tour manager, Robin is not the promoter, Robin is not in any position to give us any official information regarding the 'business'/'administrative' aspect of the tour. Just like the rest of the band members, he is really in no position to comment on behalf of GNR in an official context. What Robin has sent here is his own PERSONAL message of sympathy to fans, directed after a number of emails he must be getting, that is all. Trust me, I completely understand your frustration that there is no official word, but don't take this statement from Robin as an official word, this is his own personal letter. An official statement would come from Axl, Del James, or manager/crew representing GNR.

I hope you understand.

I'm not defending anybody here and I'm not sucking up, I'm not happy about lack of official information either but don't expect it from Robin yknow

Maybe he shouldn't have said anything if he can't really say anything.

TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 11:26:38 PM »

An official statement would come from Axl, Del James, or manager/crew representing GNR.

I hope you understand.

No problem. So are these folks going to make a statement on behalf of GnR' regarding the cancelled SA dates?
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 11:29:43 PM »

It would be overtly critical to chastise the band for not wanting make the canceled shows.  However, a lot of the negativity directed towards the band over the few days could have been avoided had something like Robin's statement been released when certain information came to light. 

I'm holding to the belief that the reason why Tommy wasn't replaced during his rehabilitation is due to the band wanting to do something special for the Japanese/SA shows.  Perhaps a new song, a new set, or something big enough that the band wanted all members to be there to celebrate.  That's the only thing I can think of right now.  If this is the case, then it's completely acceptable to hold off on any performances until everyone who has been apart of this marathon can be on  board.

As usual, with a band like Guns N' Roses, we just don't know.  But thanks to statements like Robin's expression of frustration, we can identify with the emotional certainty that things seem to be simpler than we often make them out to be.

Cheers,

Andrew

This is the sort of speculation that leads to dissappointment. 

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
ben9785
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 11:37:58 PM »

I hope you understand.

Okay, fair enough I understand, but obviously the guy has been blasted with emails, he is just giving a PERSONAL response. As I said he is not in the position to provide any official details on behalf of the band and crew, he is just giving his own personal feedback and feelings, that's all. There was no indication from anyone to say "Oh Robin has posted an official statement on behalf of the band regarding the status of the tours, go to his website", yknow what I mean? He just posted his own response, on his own website. If it was meant for all official reference, it would have been posted on the official GNR website, or newswires or whatever. It is just his own personal response. The official statement for the tour would come from the GNR website, via Jarmo, a press statement, or a letter from Axl or one of their business representatives.

As I said, I'm not happy about the lack of official word either, but you got to understand where the information comes from and where to wait for it. No hard feelings right?
ben9785
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 11:39:05 PM »

An official statement would come from Axl, Del James, or manager/crew representing GNR.

I hope you understand.

No problem. So are these folks going to make a statement on behalf of GnR' regarding the cancelled SA dates?

That's what we are waiting for. I expect they should do that, but I don't know when that is going to happen, although I'm sure we will see it. Well it would be best for everyone involved anyway, even a paragraph or three.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 11:41:36 PM »

Maybe they should've just had a replacement for a couple of shows. I don't think it would've hurt anything.

Glad to see Robin is disappointed. He definitely won some major points with that letter.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 11:41:51 PM »

I just hope that anyone that thought these cancellations were planned will shut the fuck up now.  They wouldn't have spent the money shipping their gear overseas if they knew they weren't going to show.

I guess Axl didn't want someone to replace Tommy, maybe in part because of the extremely limited time of bringing in the right person to sub for Tommy.  Plus, Tommy is the MD of the band.

Ali
ben9785
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 11:45:23 PM »

It's not hard to get someone to substitute the bass parts, even just a professional session musician; but Axl obviously wants people to realise what a big part each member of the band is, and he respects Tommy enough not to have him replaced, and I'm sure he's aware of the consequences.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 11:51:02 PM »

I just hope that anyone that thought these cancellations were planned will shut the fuck up now.? They wouldn't have spent the money shipping their gear overseas if they knew they weren't going to show.

I guess Axl didn't want someone to replace Tommy, maybe in part because of the extremely limited time of bringing in the right person to sub for Tommy.? Plus, Tommy is the MD of the band.

Ali

What is MD ?! Music Director huh ?! Grin

Robin taked a jab at Axl with his conscience and ?website comment.
He is dissapointed and unhappy with the situation.
Is not all good on the GNR camp for sure...
Thanks to put your face out and say somenthing Robin. ok
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:56:18 PM by KIKO2K6 » Logged

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Chief
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 11:54:29 PM »

thanks for posting this, it was really good to read something from Robin!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 11:56:57 PM »

seems as though he is saying that he has to move on from the band even though he doesnt want to....he is "swallowing the pill" just like us...moving on from the band.........

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ben9785
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 11:57:12 PM »

I just hope that anyone that thought these cancellations were planned will shut the fuck up now.  They wouldn't have spent the money shipping their gear overseas if they knew they weren't going to show.

I guess Axl didn't want someone to replace Tommy, maybe in part because of the extremely limited time of bringing in the right person to sub for Tommy.  Plus, Tommy is the MD of the band.

Ali

What is MD ?!

Robin taked a jab at Axl with his conscience and  website comment.
He is dissapointed and unhappy with the situation.
Is not all good on the GNR camp for sure...
Thanks to put your face out and say somenthing Robin. ok

Ok KIKO2K6.. if you were being sarcastic with that last comment, don't take any notice of what I'm saying here.
But if you were serious about what you said about Robin, ok dude, MAJOR misunderstanding right there.
The reason Robin posted this, was in response to disappointed fans who had been contacting him about the cancellation of the shows, and probably things he read elsewhere.
Once again he didn't posted this for Axl, he didn't post this for management, he didn't post it for anybody's benefit. He posted it as an apology to the FANS and to the FANS only.
He is only trying to symathise with us.
If you haven't already seen it around the board, at this point GNR members are not in any position to speak or comment in any official capacity on behalf of the band/crew/management/promoters etc. It was a personal comment. He felt bad because he knows how disappointed and upset and angry the fans are right now, he just wanted to try and offer some reassurance.

He is not taking a jab at anybody.

HE IS SYMPATHISING WITH THE FANS, THAT IS ALL.

Please, don't start taking shots or having conspiracy theorys with Robin of all people.
He's the WRONG PERSON to be upset with.

I'm not saying this to suck up or stick up or try to overrule anybody. I just don't want you guys getting annoyed because I'm a fan just like you. Robin or Jarmo or anybody else wouldn't give a fuck what I have to say about this..
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2007, 12:00:12 AM »

Robin is a class act.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2007, 12:00:54 AM »

I hope you understand.

No hard feelings right?

No hard feelings? Definitely not, dude. I'm just worried about what this statement will lead to. All you have to do is visit other GNR forums to see where the rumors are off to because of his cryptic style of writing.

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 12:01:05 AM »

Robin is a class act.

i'll second that...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ben9785
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2007, 12:02:15 AM »

seems as though he is saying that he has to move on from the band even though he doesnt want to....he is "swallowing the pill" just like us...moving on from the band.........

Okay look maybe he is very cryptic with the way he says things, there might be some slight misunderstanding there
But let me just say, Robin is NOT moving away from anybody, he is NOT turning against the band, NOTHING. All he meant by that, is to say that he is sharing our sympathy, and fans feel disappointed and upset, and he feels it too, that is all he is saying, it is a form of expression. He's disappointed just like us. He's not disappointed with Axl or anybody in the band, he is just feeling the disappointment of the fans
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: