Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:55:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  List 5 underrated/overrated bands
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: List 5 underrated/overrated bands  (Read 16266 times)
nightrain2007
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 01:10:06 PM »

Overrated:

Nirvana
Metallica
U2
Oasis
The White Stripes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »

Wow MR Lee, I am quite shocked to hear that but glad u gave them a fair chance and enjoyed it. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 02:18:59 PM »

over-rated

1. Arctic Monkeys
2. Coldplay
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Radiohead
5. Nirvana

Underrated

1. The Answer
2. Stone Roses
3. The Smiths
4. Nickleback
5. Hard Fi

don't take the piss, just my opinion.

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 03:36:30 PM »

overrated:
nirvana
metallica
VR
fall out boy
led zeppelin

underrated:
hardcore superstar
blind melon
stone sour
wednesday 13
the distillers

this is just a fast list... i might change it later

It's a good list
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 03:46:10 PM »

Overrated:
Motley Crue
Queen
AC/DC
Pearl Jam
Nine Inch Nails - good albums but too much pure noise shit, potential to be amazing wasted on being good.

Underrated:
Ratt
Blind Melon
Cinderella
Goo Goo Dolls
GN'R

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 05:43:17 PM »

i'll agree with ya on the KISS one ok Cool

over
1 TOOL
2 MUDvaine *
3 Trivium *
4 U2
5 Slayer

*however you spell is

under
1 Slaughter
2 Steel Heart
3 RATT
4 Pantera
5 Buckethead

peace

SHIT i would like to add two to the Overs
Nirvanna
U2

thank you bow

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 08:52:59 PM »

Underrated
4. Nickleback

Um, I'd hardly say they are underrated, they get way too much radio play here in Australia.
They always seemed like the poor mans Metallica to me. Just don't like them.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 10:03:47 PM »

For the people who put White Stripes in the overrated column and put Bon Jovi in underrated is quite possibly the saddest fucking thing I have ever seen in my life.

Bon Jovi has repeatedly hired sellout corporate shills like Desmond Child to help them back on the charts. He appears in lame cologne commercials and flicks his hair whenever he can. He then goes on about how he is a "jersey boy" from the streets. Bon Jovi is easily the lamest, crappiest, talentless personification of everything putrid, miserable and stale about rock n roll.

Jack White plays a 50dollars guitar from Montgomery Wards and an amp from Sears because it is all that he could afford.

He has two successful bands, produces classic artists who arent apart of the mainstream, and his heros are people like Son House, Charlie Patton and Ron Ashton.

Jack White can do it all, and still does, Icky Thump is going to be the 6th incredible record from the White Stripes and just because he doesnt play a 1000x notes per second like some masterbating shit shread guitarist everyone thinks he is overrated.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 10:59:31 PM »

Overrated-

Pearl Jam - and not because i hate the seattle grunge scene (i dont even call these guys grunge)...? ?but they had some good songs back in the day,? but now today people act as if this is the coolest band in the world just cause "we dont do videos" or "we hate ticketmaster".?

U2 - same deal-? good songs back in the day,? but bono thinks hes god or something- and i hate those sunglasses he always wears.

Fall Out Boy - this IS one of the most popular bands today for some god awful reason-? i just think they suck ass and deserve no fame.? all emo bands are in this group

Nirvana - everyone seems to think this one

The White Stripes - very talented? yes-? overrated? even more so.? ?

almost everyone here thinks the same bands suck

Underrated.

Marylin Manson - some people cant get past the image- or just dont like loud metal style music-- but if you can handle it there are some great albums-? check out Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals.? great lyrics + great music

Chris Isaak -? ? i never listened to any of his music untill i saw his TV show (it has boobies in it sometimes!!lol)? ?but the show actually made me enjoy and respect his singing-? also he seems to be a cool down to earth guy-? or at least he plays one on tv

The Insane Clown Posse - everyone loves to hate these guys.? ?but i'd rather listen to an ICP album/song over any of the other Rap Music out there.? some of the songs are flat out hilarious (boogie woogie man, Cotton Candy, I Stab People, I want my shit, what is a juggalo)? and some are pretty dark and are about subjects not normally covered in rap music (Pass Me By - about dieing and going to heaven.? Under the Moon - about someone who goes to jail for killing his girlfriends rapist- then her never visiting him and forgetting about him.)

Spinal Tap - i know they're a made up band for a movie---? but they got some good songs too (Gimme some money, Sex Farm, and who could forget the epic masterpiece STONEHENGE)?

The Talking Heads - i got into this group a couple years ago- they have some of the catchiest songs i've ever heard,? (sugar on my tongue, This aint no disco, Road to nowhere, psycho killer)?

thats about it
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:01:23 PM by judaskennedy » Logged
Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 11:02:17 PM »

Overrated:

White Stripes........just because of a previous post. That's like comparing a
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? limousine to a yugo
Nirvana.................New face of rock , fell flat on his.

Nine Inch Nails.....Year Zero? What the hell is this shit? What a joke. Survivalism is the
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? worst song I have ever heard. I just don't get Trent
Korn.....................I just can't take this anymore....

Nickelback............DGMW (don't get me wrong) I like some of their stuff , but they are
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?destroying their career with the stuff on their 2 latest albums. OUCH

UNDERRATED

Poison.................All these guys have ever done is rock their asses off , put on good
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?show after good show. They do great covers , write great let's
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?party songs,but these hard speed metal people , keep calling
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?them pussies , and all their little brainwashed deciples follow.
Ratt.....................Hair band , hair band , so sick of that bull , now groups are doing
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?the pierce thing , I don't hear "Pierce Bands" as a catagory.Screw
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?that term , and stamp classic on their asses , better yet , put a
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tattoo on them. Good Damn Music , gets you off your rocker.
Cinderella............See Ratt , much of the same here.

Warrant...............Great newer music that went unnoticed "Sad Theresa" "So Much
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Stronger Now" . Check out the newest "Born Again".It will kick your
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ass.

Brides of Destruction......London is an awesome singer , Tracii is Tracii , and their 2nd.
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?album was great. Now we don't hear from them anymore.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:05:35 PM by Getizzyback » Logged

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 11:14:29 PM »

Underrated
4. Nickleback

Um, I'd hardly say they are underrated, they get way too much radio play here in Australia.

yeah same here in the states...well at least in Nebraska. lol poor mans Metallica. They're alright they got a few good songs on there new album like Animal, love the lyrics to that one hihi

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2007, 02:16:00 AM »

over-rated

1. the Beatles
2. Coldplay
3. Black Sabbath
4. Radiohead
5. Nirvana

Underrated

1. Bon Jovi
2. Clutch
3. Pantera
4. Alice In Chains
5. Nine inch nails/Tool

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2007, 04:10:45 PM »

For the people who put White Stripes in the overrated column and put Bon Jovi in underrated is quite possibly the saddest fucking thing I have ever seen in my life.

Bon Jovi has repeatedly hired sellout corporate shills like Desmond Child to help them back on the charts. He appears in lame cologne commercials and flicks his hair whenever he can. He then goes on about how he is a "jersey boy" from the streets. Bon Jovi is easily the lamest, crappiest, talentless personification of everything putrid, miserable and stale about rock n roll.

Jack White plays a 50dollars guitar from Montgomery Wards and an amp from Sears because it is all that he could afford.

He has two successful bands, produces classic artists who arent apart of the mainstream, and his heros are people like Son House, Charlie Patton and Ron Ashton.

Jack White can do it all, and still does, Icky Thump is going to be the 6th incredible record from the White Stripes and just because he doesnt play a 1000x notes per second like some masterbating shit shread guitarist everyone thinks he is overrated.

white stripes are bollocks thats why. bland shit music. "ohh theres only two members" like that makes them amazing, its just stripped down music missing importent instruments, making it wanker than it already is.

html sucks
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2007, 06:25:02 PM »

over-rated

1. the Beatles
2. Coldplay
3. Black Sabbath
4. Radiohead
5. Nirvana

Shocked if anything Black Sabbath is underrated. They created Metal for God sake rant

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
VIP

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 09:00:37 PM »

over-rated

1. the Beatles
2. Coldplay
3. Black Sabbath
4. Radiohead
5. Nirvana

Shocked if anything Black Sabbath is underrated. They created Metal for God sake rant

And the Beatles created music as it is and has been played until today.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 08:51:51 AM »

over-rated

1. the Beatles
2. Coldplay
3. Black Sabbath
4. Radiohead
5. Nirvana

And the Beatles created music as it is and has been played until today.

Both being the precise reasons why people would see them as not getting the recognition either band deserves!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 10:35:44 AM »

Overrated:
1.) Nirvana
---They'd be about 1/46th as popular, if Kurt had kept his head on straight.
2.) The Beatles
---Keep in mind that overrated does NOT equal "bad." 
3.) U2
---How can a band remain THAT popular for THAT long?  I can only think of two possibilities: by selling out numerous times, or by writing uber-generic, radio friendly crap.
4.) Nickelback
---I think this one has been well documented.
5.) Coldplay
---When did music stop being about the rock n' roll lifestyle, and start being about being a pussy?

Underrated:
1.) Black Sabbath
---Well, they invented a genre.  And they were eligible for the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in 1995, yet weren't elected until 2006, proving that the music industry still doesn't "get" what they did for rock and metal.
2.) Thin Lizzy
---"Oh, I love that band!  'The Boys Are Back in Town,' right?"  Fuck you. 
3.)Pink Floyd
---Yeah, it's tough to justify this one, but I'm going with this fact: as popular as this band is, they have about six GREAT albums that get NO radio play.  Most bands don't even have ONE great album.
4.) Alice in Chains
---So much better than Nirvana, yet getting about 1/100th of the credit.  When you hear an AiC song, you KNOW it's an AiC song.
5.) Izzy Stradlin (w/ or w/out the Ju Ju Hounds)
---He proves his songwriting skills again and again, yet his albums barely see the light of day.  Thank God it's about the music for Izzy.

EDIT: I should amend this to add Nazareth to the list of underrateds.  I can't imagine why Nazareth wouldn't be loved by any GNR fan.  Dan McCafferty and Axl have such similar vocal styles, and it's just great hard rock.  Don't judge this band solely by "Love Hurts."  Listen to both Hair of the Dog and No Mean City, and you'll know this is a GREAT classic hard rock band. headbanger
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:33:57 AM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »

Underrated:
1. The Beatles - where would we be without them!
2. The Jam - Alot going on here.....
3. The The - a strange blend of 80s brass + darkness
4. Dire Straits - the guitar speaks for itself
5. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - poetry to stir the soul

Overrrated:
1. Pink Floyd - good stuff but predictable, safe
2. Led Zep - gimmicy
3. Coldplay - Yawn

Will get back to ya on two more later.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 04:14:38 PM »

Underrated
4. Nickleback

i reckon there underrated coz, people write them off coz they sing about love war etc not rock n roll decdance, i like there songs n style honest and to the point, but no-1 seems 2 see this coz, there image doesn't scream rock n roll

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Casey Shelton
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2007, 05:07:01 PM »

underated:

earl greyhound
kill cheerleader
lynam
white stripes
new gnr

overrated:

nickelback
killers