Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Hanoi Rocks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hanoi Rocks  (Read 29928 times)
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2006, 05:24:48 PM »

Could be, but Aerosmith has no song called Sweet Pandora. It's Pandora's Box and was written by Joey Kramer.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2006, 07:41:05 PM »

also, the jungle riff is just the blues scale messed with a bit.

but yeah hanoi rocks were a great band.

html sucks
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2007, 05:12:40 PM »

http://www.hanoirocks.com/

HANOI ROCKS IS BACK-
STRONGER THAN EVER AND READY FOR NEW ADVENTURES
A NEW, LONG-AWAITED HANOI ROCKS SINGLE "FASHION" IS RELEASED IN EUROPE 16TH OF MAY AND IN JAPAN 21ST OF JUNE 2007

One of the most legendary and colourful rock’n’roll bands in history, Finland’s national treasure Hanoi Rocks, is currently recording a new album in Helsinki, Seawolf Studios. The album will be released in September 2007 in Finland by WolfGang Records, in Europe by U.K. based Demolition Records and in Japan by Victor Entertainment/JVC Music.

The first single ”Fashion” is a strong proof of what the new Hanoi Rocks lineup is capable of. Guitarist Andy McCoy says: ”It was very easy to choose the first single. All the songs on the album are great single material. Fashion just happened to be the first song that we had ready.”

The founding members of Hanoi Rocks, Andy McCoy and singer Michael Monroe have finally found the perfect musicians, who bring their characteristic touch to the inimitable Hanoi Rocks sound, and can meet Hanoi Rocks’ sometimes tough demands.

Swedish rock stars, guitarist Conny Bloom and bassist Andy ”A.C.” Christell have known each other since their childhood and they have been playing together in Roadrats, Rolene and Electric Boys. Hanoi Rocks’ trusted drummer Lacu has kept his precise beat steady from year 2001, when Hanoi Rocks did their first comeback.

Besides the brand new song ”Fashion”, the new single release includes Hanoi Rocks version of Billy Bremner hit ”Trouble Boys” and two new videos. ”Fashion” video is directed by Kusti and Jaakko Manninen. Live video of Hanoi Rocks’ classic song ”Boulevard Of Broken Dreams” was recorded in Nosturi, Helsinki, Finland 3rd of March 2007.

Hanoi Rocks' Studio Blog available at www.hanoirocks.info/blog

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2007, 05:15:02 PM »

they have found the perfect musicians in about 1983.

conny should be in electric boys, hes far better in them.

html sucks
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »

New video Fashion

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2027600813

Making of the Fashion

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2027375978

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2007, 03:36:13 PM »

that's a really great song IMO
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2007, 03:39:26 PM »

that's a really great song IMO
I like it too. I hope the next single will be bit heavier.

TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2007, 04:34:50 PM »

WickedInfo.com just finished up an interview with Andy McCoy, guitarist in the band Hanoi Rocks. Some of you may recall that the original Gn'R lineup cited Hanoi Rocks as being a major influence to their music. You can read our interview with Andy at http://www.wickedinfo.com/content/view/125/1/

Steve
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2007, 09:28:01 PM »

cool , going to have to check this out . that dude is fucking crazy .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2007, 06:29:19 PM »

the new songs pretty shit i think.

html sucks
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2007, 05:26:20 AM »

Razzle's last words................. "i call shotgun" Grin

i still say thats a damn good joke- heres another one kids

Razzles last words........... "seatbelts are for pussies" rofl
didn't your Mom ever tell you not to talk trash about dead people?

anyways , see you in Hell,
I'll be the one with the Pitchfork and the Tail

Razzles last words......? ?"DRIVE FASTER WEEEEEEEE!"

jeez boston settle down a tad too- your going on like you're Sam Yaffa or something-? ?about the best thing to happen to this bands career was good ol' vinny putting the drummers head through some glass.

Karma is a bitCh? I don't care FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2007, 05:36:22 AM »

Hanoi Rocks kicks ass, now and forever. One of my favorite albums I keep on vinyl is still Two Steps from the Move. Oh, and "Fashion" is a badass tune, too. One of my all time favorite bands.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2007, 05:56:01 AM »

On a more positive note than the above post. I hade the great fortune to see two gigs with Hanoi Rocks over the weekend. Friday june 29th 2007 they performed their first ever acoustig gig in a small intimate envoirment at the Peace& Love festival in Borl?nge, Sweden. The gig was awsome, they performed many of their own classics aswell as some covers. Memorable was the back to back perfomande of Rolling Stones "Wild Horses" and Johnny Thunders "You can't put your arms around a memory". After the acoustic gig they had a meet n greet for fans to take pictures and sign stuff but I had a friend who is not at a fan with me so I felt stressed about waiting in line so we left.

We went to a nearby hotel to have drinks in the lobby and didn't really consider the posibillity that the group might be staying there. ?But after a while suddenly Mike Monroe and Andy McCoy were by the elevators. I went apesjit of course and rushed to them. I was drunk out of my ass and kept rambling on to them about what songs they should have played *haha* Of course I thanked them for an awesome gig. And they were really nice to me and had no problems with taking a picture or two. ?Maybe they were amused with my ramblings because they seemed happy.

Anyway they went up the elevators and I returned to drinking as much as I could in the lobby. And a while later Conny Bloom and A.C walked in! I couldn't belive my luck and approaced them aswell. Really nice and cool guys, ?they did not mind a little chat and have a picture taken.

I said goodbye to them and went for a smoke, and there was my friend chatting with Andys wife ?Angela Nicoletti! Wow! I had to rant and rave about "River of Dreams" being a song I listen to all the time now, wich is true. She sure was nice to and we just hang there for a while and she even game her beer! and some photos were taken here too.

What a gig and what a night! I was stoked!

Next day saturday 30th june 2007 Peace & Love festival. Hanoi Rocks played their full show. And man they totally blew me away! They all are great performers and musicians. They played flawlessly and the sound was perfect! I could here all intstruments at all times. Mike Monroe and Andy McCoy are true legends and they should everyone how a good rockshow should be! They've got such energy and charisma on stage! M?tley Cr?e have something to learn here. I saw them in Stockholm some weeks ago and they sucked totally, it was terrible! Anyway, Hanoi played so many great songs, both classics and their new single "Fashion" What a weekend, it made me really happy!

I don't know ho to upload pictures here, but check out my myspacegallery for pictures

http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user&MyToken=bf2de639-1841-480a-b773-28487bf21e15

Hanoi Rocks forever!!!

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »

On a more positive note than the above post. I hade the great fortune to see two gigs with Hanoi Rocks over the weekend. Friday june 29th 2007 they performed their first ever acoustig gig in a small intimate envoirment at the Peace& Love festival in Borl?nge, Sweden. The gig was awsome, they performed many of their own classics aswell as some covers. Memorable was the back to back perfomande of Rolling Stones "Wild Horses" and Johnny Thunders "You can't put your arms around a memory". After the acoustic gig they had a meet n greet for fans to take pictures and sign stuff but I had a friend who is not at a fan with me so I felt stressed about waiting in line so we left.

We went to a nearby hotel to have drinks in the lobby and didn't really consider the posibillity that the group might be staying there.  But after a while suddenly Mike Monroe and Andy McCoy were by the elevators. I went apesjit of course and rushed to them. I was drunk out of my ass and kept rambling on to them about what songs they should have played *haha* Of course I thanked them for an awesome gig. And they were really nice to me and had no problems with taking a picture or two.  Maybe they were amused with my ramblings because they seemed happy.

Anyway they went up the elevators and I returned to drinking as much as I could in the lobby. And a while later Conny Bloom and A.C walked in! I couldn't belive my luck and approaced them aswell. Really nice and cool guys,  they did not mind a little chat and have a picture taken.

I said goodbye to them and went for a smoke, and there was my friend chatting with Andys wife  Angela Nicoletti! Wow! I had to rant and rave about "River of Dreams" being a song I listen to all the time now, wich is true. She sure was nice to and we just hang there for a while and she even game her beer! and some photos were taken here too.

Next day saturday 30th june 2007 Peace & Love festival. Hanoi Rocks played their full show. And man they totally blew me away! They all are great performers and musicians. They played flawlessly and the sound was perfect! I could here all intstruments at all times. Mike Monroe and Andy McCoy are true legends and they should everyone how a good rockshow should be! They've got such energy and charisma on stage! M?tley Cr?e have something to learn here. I saw them in Stockholm some weeks ago and they sucked totally, it was terrible! Anyway, Hanoi played so many great songs, both classics and their new single "Fashion" What a weekend, it made me really happy!

I don't know ho to upload pictures here, but check out my myspacegallery for pictures

http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user&MyToken=bf2de639-1841-480a-b773-28487bf21e15

Hanoi Rocks forever!!!

I didn't know my post was anything but positive confused
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »

We went to a nearby hotel to have drinks in the lobby and didn't really consider the posibillity that the group might be staying there.? But after a while suddenly Mike Monroe and Andy McCoy were by the elevators. I went apesjit of course and rushed to them. I was drunk out of my ass and kept rambling on to them about what songs they should have played *haha* Of course I thanked them for an awesome gig. And they were really nice to me and had no problems with taking a picture or two.? Maybe they were amused with my ramblings because they seemed happy.

Anyway they went up the elevators and I returned to drinking as much as I could in the lobby. And a while later Conny Bloom and A.C walked in! I couldn't belive my luck and approaced them aswell. Really nice and cool guys,? they did not mind a little chat and have a picture taken.

I said goodbye to them and went for a smoke, and there was my friend chatting with Andys wife? Angela Nicoletti! Wow! I had to rant and rave about "River of Dreams" being a song I listen to all the time now, wich is true. She sure was nice to and we just hang there for a while and she even game her beer! and some photos were taken here too.

Hanoi Rocks forever!!!

Sorry for confusing you. I meant the post above yours that I wrote ok

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2007, 03:35:38 AM »

We went to a nearby hotel to have drinks in the lobby and didn't really consider the posibillity that the group might be staying there.  But after a while suddenly Mike Monroe and Andy McCoy were by the elevators. I went apesjit of course and rushed to them. I was drunk out of my ass and kept rambling on to them about what songs they should have played *haha* Of course I thanked them for an awesome gig. And they were really nice to me and had no problems with taking a picture or two.  Maybe they were amused with my ramblings because they seemed happy.

Anyway they went up the elevators and I returned to drinking as much as I could in the lobby. And a while later Conny Bloom and A.C walked in! I couldn't belive my luck and approaced them aswell. Really nice and cool guys,  they did not mind a little chat and have a picture taken.

I said goodbye to them and went for a smoke, and there was my friend chatting with Andys wife  Angela Nicoletti! Wow! I had to rant and rave about "River of Dreams" being a song I listen to all the time now, wich is true. She sure was nice to and we just hang there for a while and she even game her beer! and some photos were taken here too.

Hanoi Rocks forever!!!

Sorry for confusing you. I meant the post above yours that I wrote ok

Fair enough. That's pretty shit what that guy was saying about Razzle. Good of you to stand up to that. Rock on beer
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2007, 04:54:54 AM »

Hey! There are now two short clips of Hanoi Rocks acoustic show at the Peace and Love festival availible on youtube and myspace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVW8yfWVraU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10zVv_ny_kQ

peace out!

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2007, 02:20:05 PM »

Love&peace acoustic samples

trouble boys
http://hem.passagen.se/strebers/00hanoitrouble.mp3

oil and gasoline
http://hem.passagen.se/strebers/00hanoioil.mp3

gypsy boots
http://hem.passagen.se/strebers/00hanoigypsy.mp3

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2007, 04:50:28 PM »

Legendary Finnish rockers HANOI ROCKS have set "Street Poetry" as the title of their new album, due on September 5 in Finland by WolfGang Records and in Europe by U.K.-based Demolition Records. The Japanese pressing via Victor Entertainment/JVC Music will contain bonus tracks. The special edition will include a bonus skull bandana and three-fold box design.

HANOI ROCKS' new CD was recorded at Helsinki's Seawolf Studios. It will be preceded by a new single in early August.

HANOI ROCKS' most recent single, "Fashion", entered the Finnish chart at No. 1 back in May. The promotional video for "Fashion" has been posted online here. The clip was directed by Kusti and Jaakko Manninen.

The "Fashion" single was released on May 16 in Europe and June 21 in Japan. It also includes HANOI ROCKS' version of the BILLY BREMNER hit "Trouble Boys" (which will not be on the forthcoming album), the promo video for "Fashion" plus a live video, "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams", from HANOI's gig at Nosturi in Helsinki this past March.

- Blabbergooch
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2007, 04:27:35 PM »

Whats everyone think of the new song Fashion?, Also what is there two biggest hits I could download?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: