Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 03:49:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  what happened to "messages"?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what happened to "messages"?  (Read 2229 times)
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« on: May 16, 2007, 03:55:48 PM »

or "messages they left" this was the song about the 9/11 passenger's messages to his family; i was looking forward to hearing this one, i  hope they release it sometime as it is not on the final tracklisting

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 04:43:57 PM »

or "messages they left" this was the song about the 9/11 passenger's messages to his family; i was looking forward to hearing this one, i  hope they release it sometime as it is not on the final tracklisting

Maybe they had better songs on the album. It could still turn up as an extra track on a single. My guess would be around september 11th Wink
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 04:53:58 PM »

Could be one of the songs that got tossed aside after Weiland decided he didn't want to do a "concept album"
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 05:14:51 PM »

Well I was at the listening party and there are only 2 slower pace songs on the cd. While I enjoyed " Grave Dancer" I found the harmonies and melodies from "Messages" more memorable. Perhaps that will change after I get listen to Grave dancers a few times as I did with with that short tidbit of "Messages" we got hear in the Vlog.

We never had a chance to ask the boys why it was left off b/c they were running so late.

Hopefully it wil show up somewhere, but at least we have " The Last Fight" and believe in me that song is going to be huge.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 11:51:56 PM »

I think this was the most intriguing song that we kept hearing about over and over and then all of a sudden it's not on the album.  Last Fight will fill the ballad single spot so it's not like it's necessary, but VR continues to seem like it shines on the slow songs (3 off of CB, and everyone liking LF from the four leaks the best) so it would only seem fit to include their best songs.

I think this is a mystery to every VR fan right now, and seeing as how Spay is unlistenable  (i like the other three) it pushes the Messages question to the forefront. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 02:58:18 PM »

Messages, Mothefucka', Queen For A Day are missing i think.

You really know who's Maradona!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 04:10:29 PM »

Messages, Mothefucka', Queen For A Day are missing i think.

"Queen For A Day" might have been changed to "Just 16."  "Mutherfucka," was never a confirmed recording, just one of many potential titles on the board in one of the VLogs.  "Gas & A Dollar Laugh," however, was mentioned as a song by Duff.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 09:44:34 PM »

Messages was awesome, it isnt gonna be released? That sucks!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 02:21:57 PM »

I want to hear Motherfucka'.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 02:25:27 PM »

I'm going to NY Tues for VR, Messages would have been cool to hear there-Duff mentioned it in RS, kind of surprised it didn't make the cut

libertad
GNFNR-UK
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 10:55:55 AM »

I assume 'Messages' is the song from the VR log that had the hook 'Radar signal seeking new but finding nothing at all'?
That song stood out the most to me and was the song I was most looking forward to hearing from all the songs Ive heard thus far from Libertad. It was a different direction to any other VR song i've ever heard and perhaps that is why they left it off, but from the samples i've heard that could well be what the album needs, a few different sounding songs. I fear 'Libertad' may be another album of generic snoozers like 'Contraband' was (With the exception of the 3 slower songs)  Cry

Previously GNFNRUK, long time poster at HTGTH who forgot his password and had 500+ posts, ooops!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: