Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:06:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Live Era Mr. Brownstone rant
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Era Mr. Brownstone rant  (Read 8181 times)
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 07:48:18 PM »

Just a thought but are you guys talking about the rant when Axl talks about people to take a step back.If so the copy of live era I have it's not Mr Brownstone it's It's so easy.Cause I don't recall any rant before Mr Brownstone.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 10:56:33 PM »

Just a thought but are you guys talking about the rant when Axl talks about people to take a step back.If so the copy of live era I have it's not Mr Brownstone it's It's so easy.Cause I don't recall any rant before Mr Brownstone.

Its after Mr. Brownstone...On the same track
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 10:59:54 PM »

Which show is the rant from?

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 11:18:26 PM »

London-- August 31 1991  ok
Beefy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 07:46:34 AM »

Axl gave almost the same rant as this, almost word for word between It's So Easy and Mr Brownstone at the Glasgow show last year.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 10:07:39 AM »

Axl gave almost the same rant as this, almost word for word between It's So Easy and Mr Brownstone at the Glasgow show last year.

do you have a youtube video of this ,
or link for souce???

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 10:12:49 AM »

London-- August 31 1991? ok
I think you're wrong because they played Bad Obsession after Mr. Brownstone on that show and "hit it" doesn't fit BO.
I don't have that audio recording here so I might be wrong though.

axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2007, 10:39:27 AM »

The album represents how a GN'R show might've been.

Starts with Nightrain, ends with Paradise City.

Often at the shows Axl did say something, hence the addition of that part.

/jarmo
All except for Axl's rerecorded vocals, its exactly how a show would sound

actually ive seen boots that the recordings come from. he didn't rerecord.
listen to the live era at ABOUT 2:20, and watch the youtube of this song (pretty tied up) at the same time..they are different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLsGK5xl9MA

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2007, 10:57:02 AM »

I think you're wrong because they played Bad Obsession after Mr. Brownstone on that show and "hit it" doesn't fit BO.

But look what track he says "Hit It"... Its from Its So Easy.... Not Mr. Brownstone
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 11:41:28 AM »

But look what track he says "Hit It"... Its from Its So Easy.... Not Mr. Brownstone
Bingo! But he doesn't say "hit it" before ISE in Paris, and that's the show where that song is supposed to come from...so this is confusing. That whole album is pretty confusing if you ask me...

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 11:53:39 AM »

Bingo! But he doesn't say "hit it" before ISE in Paris, and that's the show where that song is supposed to come from...so this is confusing. That whole album is pretty confusing if you ask me...

I think toward the end of the song is from paris.... Fucking I dont know  hihi

You're right...Screw it
Beefy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 12:09:19 PM »

or link for souce???

Nope but I was there. There might be a video of it on YouTube, there were some high quality videos of that gig on there before not too sure if they're still there though.
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 12:43:40 PM »

QUESTION: FROM WHERE DID THE SONGS IN THE ALBUM,"LIVE ERA '87-'93", ORIGINALLY ORIGINATE AND WERE THERE ANY RE-RECORDED VOCALS ADDED?

ANSWER: MANY SONGS FROM THE ALBUM CAME FROM MANY LIVE CONCERTS RANGING FROM 1987 TO 1992. ABOUT 1/3 OF THE ALBUM INCLUDED RE-RECORDED VOCALS.

SEE BELOW

TRACK SOURCES:

Disc 1
1. Nightrain [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]
2. Mr. Brownstone [London, 8.31.91]
3. It's So Easy [Paris, 6.6.92]
4. Welcome To The Jungle
5. Dust N' Bones [New York, 5.16.91]
6. My Michelle [London, 8.31.91]
7. You're Crazy [Tokyo, 12.10.88]
8. Used To Love Her [Tokyo, 12.10.88]
9. Patience [1st half - Mexico '93 OR Paris, 7.13.93; 2nd half - Paris, 6.6.92]
10. It's Alright [Houston, 9.4.92]
11. November Rain [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
12. Coma [Omaha, 4.10.93] * ^

Disc 2
1. Out Ta Get Me [London, 6.28.87]
2. Pretty Tied Up [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
3. Yesterdays [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]
4. Move To The City [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
5. You Could Be Mine [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
6. Rocket Queen [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]
7. Sweet Child O' Mine [Paris, 6.6.92]
8. Knockin' On Heaven's Door [London, 4.20.92]
9. Don't Cry [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
10. Estranged [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
11. Paradise City [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]

* Japanese & Vinyl Releases Only
^ Not 100% certain the date is correct

« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 12:45:19 PM by axl in lafayette » Logged
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »

For Live Era-vocally-I can tell you a lot of info. For example when you're a person that collects over a hundred audio and video bootlegs you start to see the changes and different sounds that the band had through years. Axl's voice to me, can be easily defined by eras or certain live shows. His voice is very dynamic, which means that it sounds different in almost every bootleg, but stll having a basic sound for a specific era. I can give you a list, pretty close to the actual list of re-recorded vocal tracks:

Disc 1:

-Nightrain: This is pretty obvious. Axl could just not do these type of screams from 1988-1994. His voice is very high, but has the tone of Axl's current voice. This Nightrain is close to being flawless. If you want a good representation of what Axl's Nightrain truly sounded duing that time period you can liste to the 6-17-93 Buenos Aires, Argentina show. Or you can listen to the Tokyo DVDs which have more access.

-Welcome to the Jungle: certain sections of Welcome to the Jungle were re-recorded, for example the best example I can give you on this song is Axl's final scream at the end where he says "you're gonna die", not many people notice it but his voice is very clean in that scream and in various certain sectors of songs, but at the same time he can give out a growl which only pertains to the late 90s/early 00s. RIR3's Welcome to the Jungle can be comapred the best when speaking of 'the new rasp'. If you're not a fan that's familiar with live shows then it will be very hard to distinguish this track.

-My Michelle: This song is just as easily distinguishable as Nightrain. Axl's 'new rasp' is very punk-ish and high, while Axl's 'old rasp' persay was very angry and deep. A good representation of Axl's 'old rasp' is the easily accesible Freddy Mercury Concert performances. His voice in this track sounds very refreshed, and again, flawless. There's a ceratin tone to his voice, again, that can be associated with Axl of the late 90s/early 00s vocals.

-Used To Love Her: Now, much of this tracks was left untouched, vocally. This was a 1988 performace, which is easy to tell since Axl's voice 'deteriorated' as this year went on. (Axl's voice in Donnington '88 was almsost non-existing, it was pretty horrible) The only vocal section that was re-recorded in this song was the last verse were Axl sings:

"I used to love her
But I had to kill her
I used to love her, Mm, yeah
But I had to kill her
I had to put her, Oo, six feet under
And I can still hear her complain"

If you listen to the album right now, you will be able to see this right off the bat and you'll go "Ha, how did I miss that?"

-November Rain: Axl's voice is very clean on this track. It is the exact opposite of what Axl's method of singing November Rain used to be. If you listen to any 2001-2002 bootleg then you'll hear that Axl's voice sounds almost exactly the same on this record compared to those performances. This is horrendously easy to tell.

Disc 2:

-Pretty Tied Up: Axl's voice in this tracks is just exactly how I described it on My Michelle. It is almost flawless. His pitch and tone is exactly how I described it for My Michelle, so you can pretty much get the general idea.

-Move to the City: The vocal track was obviously re-recorded here. Axl's voice is just very stable and strong. In the orginal show, where this track was derived from, which is the 2/22/92 Tokyo show, his voice had more of a gargled glass quality. It sounded like he was gargling glass, originally. Axl uses a much more mature 'raspy' voice here. The tone is just as deep as it was during 1993 but without 'all the jangled mess'. His voice is cleaner and stronger in this track, you can make out the words more easily.

You Could Be Mine: About 1/2 of this song was re-recorded vocally. Axl's new voice can be easily distinguishable right at the start were he says:

"I'm a cold heartbreaker
Fit ta burn and I'll rip
your heart in two
An I'll leave you lyin' on the bed
I'll be out the door before ya wake
It's nuthin' new ta you
'Cause I think we've seen that movie too
With your ass in the air!"

This sounds like almost nothing the Axl of the early 90s would do. His voice is very punk-ish, high, and clearly shows his 'new rasp'. Now some growls and screams were left alone. The 'rapping' part was clearly left alone. His voice is very tired and angry in that section. Now there is a part that you can clearly tell was re-recorded. I'm speaking of the scream in the middle of the song. I'm speaking of the scream right before "You've gone sketchin' too many times". His vioce is extremely clean, something the early 90s Axl would never possess.

-Rocket Queen: This track is the most obvious re-recorded track out of the whole record. This track sounds amazing. The entire piece was re-recorded. Again Axl's 'new rasp' which is very punk-ish and high pitched is used here. Even though it's re-recorded, this is one of my favorite vocal 'performaces' of Rocket Queen, period. Axl's voice is so close to perfection. The outro is just 'so' the Axl of the late 90s/early 00s. If you compare the outro of Rocket Queen here to the outro of Rocket Queen to any 2001/2002 performance then you will almost get the exact same sound, it is uncanny.

-Sweet Child O' Mine: All I can say is that Axl's voice in this track is very raw and deep. It was indeed re-recorded. You can hear this especially whenever he does any type of screams, they are just too clean. There was also a re-recording error here that I caught. Right at the end where Axl makes those dozens of screams he ends singing (the re-recorded Axl), but about 1.5 seconds later, very faintly, you will hear the original vocal track ending, after the song had already supposedley ended. You have to pay real close attention to notice this. I encourage everyone else to listen to this as this clearly shows this tune was re-recorded.

-Estranged: This is the last track of Disc 2 that was re-recorded.Axl's 'normal' speaking voice for the first few minutes was left alone, but right after the piano solo there comes the re-recorded vocals. Now, another error can be found here that will clearly give the re-recording enigma away. The music to this track originates from the 2/22/92 Tokyo show. Now I may not be the only one that has caught this. In Tokyo's vocals Axl sings the words:

"And you don't talk so loud
An you don't walk so proud
ny more, and what for"

In the original vocal track right after the words "and what for" Axl says "Nooo" with the same type of voice. Just watch the Tokyo DVD and you will notice the "Nooo" I'm speaking of. But listen to this, in Live Era right after the words "and what for" (which were re-recorded) then you will very faintly hear the "Nooo" being muffled out. You have to pay real close attention, but after the words "and what for"" on Live Era you will hear a very silent "Nooo" that was muffled out to give way to the re-recorded vocals.

Trust me, Live Era was a very complex process.

If you can't tell, then your ears have not been exposed enough to the live and studio sound of Guns N' Roses through out the years to make a solid opinion.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 12:45:58 PM »

or link for souce???

Nope but I was there. There might be a video of it on YouTube, there were some high quality videos of that gig on there before not too sure if they're still there though.

i'll second you on that man, i was at the glasgow show too,and i remember the "rant"

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 01:15:52 PM »

'Axl in lafayette', thanx for copying and pasting my 'Live-Era' post as your own. Roll Eyes
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 01:22:58 PM »

2. Mr. Brownstone [London, 8.31.91]

adding that this is re-edited musically and vocally for sure.? compare the tv report from 8/1991 (mtv slash-interview wembley91): vocals totally different + matt missing a typical drum fill in the beginning right before the main riff/band kicks in together....but hups, on live era its there?? Lips Sealed

Re-Union time, baby!!
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 01:38:02 PM »

If you listen to his rant before Mr Brownstone at Glasgow (21.07.2006), a show I had the privilege of being at, his rant there is very reminiscent of that rant on Live Era!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2007, 02:45:51 PM »

'Axl in lafayette', thanx for copying and pasting my 'Live-Era' post as your own. Roll Eyes

Wait your site says MYGNR... Isint that form gnrontur.com  Huh
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 02:50:38 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2007, 02:53:12 PM »

You must be John M... I knew it wouldnt be long before you started whining about someone getting info  from your site  hihi
Heh, no dude; I'm not John M. hihi

It's just that I wrote that post, which was later used in the FAQ section of Mygnr, in first-person perspective so when the other guy pasted it, it sounded like it was something he came up with. I'm really not one to complain, but it's just fair to give credit where it's due. That's all. yes
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: