Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Thundercats the Movie??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thundercats the Movie??  (Read 6700 times)
anythinggoes
« on: June 06, 2007, 04:58:56 PM »

http://www.brutesquad.com/Movies/Thundercats/index_noframe.htm

Is this a spoof page or what
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »

I JUST heard this on the radio..although radio isnt a good source.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 05:37:37 PM »

sounds too cool to be true
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 05:41:47 PM »

That is a spoof page.

But entirely separate and in no way related to that page is the news that WB has optioned a script based on Thundercats.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:14:55 PM »

Man, Thundercats was pretty much my favorite 80s cartoon.  But I just dont think this would work live action.  CG like the new TMNT would be cool, but seeing someone like Ben Affleck dressed up like Lion-O would be wierd.
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 08:57:09 PM »

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117966320.html?categoryid=13&cs=1
Warner purrs for Thundercats
'80s animated series heading to bigscreen

By MARC GRASER

It's Thundercats, ho! at Warner Bros.
Studio has optioned a script by tyro scribe Paul Sopocy to turn the popular 1980s animated series and toy line into a live action feature.

Warner-based Paula Weinstein will produce through her Spring Creek Prods. banner, along with Dick Robertson and Lew Korman.

Property revolves around a group of humanoid cats (with feline names like Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro and Cheetara) who must flee their planet of Thundera after it's destroyed. Once crash-landing on another planet, Third Earth, they must thwart Mumm-Ra, an evil sorcerer, bent on killing them off.

Sopocy has written the script as an origin story expanding on the major heroes and villains from the animated series, with the plot focusing on Lion-O coming of age as the leader of the Thundercats.

Project was brought to Warner by Palek Patel, VP at Spring Creek. Dan Lin is overseeing the pic for Warners.

The Thundercats franchise began in 1983 and spawned several animated series, with the most recent airing on Cartoon Network, a toy line produced by LJN and comicbooks published by Marvel and DC imprints. Warner Bros. has owned the rights to the animated series since acquiring Telepictures Corp. in 1989.

Studio's recently been bitten by the nostalgia bug, pacting with Joel Silver to produce a live-action "He-Man" movie, based on the toy and cartoon franchise, as well as a feature based on the DC comicbook "Teen Titans," a junior Justice League.

Weinstein most recently produced Warners' "Blood Diamond," and with HBO Films is prepping "Recount," based on the 2000 presidential election, with Sydney Pollack set to direct.

"Thundercats" is Sopocy's first studio script sale as a screenwriter. He's currently senior writer, print advertising, at Fox Broadcasting Co., and has previously penned short films including "Staring at the Sun," which was screened at the Sundance film fest in 2005.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 03:48:30 AM »

What is it with Hollywood these days, can't they think up new original ideas without referring to tarnishing old 80's ideas...? rant

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »

I fucking love that show. A movie would ruin the legacy I think.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 12:47:33 PM »

What is it with Hollywood these days, can't they think up new original ideas without referring to tarnishing old 80's ideas...? rant

It all comes down to creativity.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 04:54:22 PM »

I loved Thundercats for its utter absurdity

The Thundercats come to this new world and decide that OBVIOUSLY their way is better and go about sorting out the locals

It was Mum-Ra's planet the bastards!!

Bucky O'Hare was a similiar tale of adorable insanity

We CLEARLY see the Toads run a prosperous (though ultra-commerical) empire full of happy and wealthy people in numerous episodes - what are our heros fighting against?

Ah the '80 and early '90's, a glorious era of nonsense....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 05:11:44 PM »

I loved Thundercats for its utter absurdity

The Thundercats come to this new world and decide that OBVIOUSLY their way is better and go about sorting out the locals

It was Mum-Ra's planet the bastards!!

Bucky O'Hare was a similiar tale of adorable insanity

We CLEARLY see the Toads run a prosperous (though ultra-commerical) empire full of happy and wealthy people in numerous episodes - what are our heros fighting against?

Ah the '80 and early '90's, a glorious era of nonsense....

dude. its a fucking kids cartoon/tv show. enough said.

i used to watch it all the time when i was a kid, it was awesome, probably one of my favorite shows when i was younger.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 07:28:52 PM »

I watched it all the time loved it and never missed it. I'm skeptical of how a movie would turn out though.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 12:49:49 PM »

really?

I am glad your here to tell me such things

Quick! To the bandwagon!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 01:01:27 PM »

really?

Where the Hell is WAT-EVER to tell us how this is propaganda, set up by the US government, to justify a future policy of intervention, nation-building, and the spread of democracy through violence?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 02:26:16 PM »

really?

well then why are u judging it like it was meant to be taken seriuosly when it clearly was not. lol.

anyway a thundercats movie should be interesting, i was thinking about this show the other day and realized how much i liked it. i was obsessed with it. it would be weird live-action though, i cant really picture it.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »

really?

well then why are u judging it like it was meant to be taken seriuosly when it clearly was not. lol.

anyway a thundercats movie should be interesting, i was thinking about this show the other day and realized how much i liked it. i was obsessed with it. it would be weird live-action though, i cant really picture it.

In a world where Hamas puts on a "kids show" using a Mickey Mouse rip off to talk about shedding the blood of the infidels, I think it's safe to take things seriously.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 04:37:40 PM »

Thundercats is full of humerous little bits that may or may not have been deliberate - i assume its okay with you if one simply pays attention when they watch?

I always loved Mumm-Ra, partially because he looked like a chimp in bandages - but mainly because, despite being effectively all powerful, he just could never catch a break - you just had to feel sorry for the crazy ol' mummy....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 04:55:49 PM »

Thundercats is full of humerous little bits that may or may not have been deliberate - i assume its okay with you if one simply pays attention when they watch?

I always loved Mumm-Ra, partially because he looked like a chimp in bandages - but mainly because, despite being effectively all powerful, he just could never catch a break - you just had to feel sorry for the crazy ol' mummy....

LOL sorry,? i havent seen Thundercats in a REALLY long time, at least a decade so i'm sure if i watched it now i'd pick up on all that humurous stuff too.?

so i apologize for "jumping" on u.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 12:43:57 PM »

LOL sorry,? i havent seen Thundercats in a REALLY long time, at least a decade so i'm sure if i watched it now i'd pick up on all that humurous stuff too.?

so i apologize for "jumping" on u.

...Thundercats hasnt dated well, but is still infintly enjoyable for all the double entendres and plain nonsense it contains, stuff u just never noticed as a child

ya know, i always wanted to know how they built their base.....and why Mumm-Ra let them build it...

....after all sword of Omens or not - the Thundercats were a mere handful against limitless goblins and orcs and whatnot hihi
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 05:28:09 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 12:58:50 PM »

...Thundercats hasnt dated well, but is still infintly enjoyable for all the double entendres and plain nonsense it contains, stuff u just never noticed as a child

ya know, i always wanted to know how they built their base.....and why Mumm-Ra let them build it...

a. ) I haven't seen it for a long time...what "adult" things are there that I might not have noticed as a child?

b. ) Perhaps they're squatters?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: